Sponsored

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
Damn you XL buyers are cheap af but I gotta give you guys some credit. A lot of you XL owners are willing to tear right into your new Mav and do both physical modifications like this and software modifications through programs like Forscan.
Gota say my hat's off to you and your Cahoones. I'm still waiting on my hybrid order to move from priority 10 to actual production scheduling. And to think I was expending synapsis energy over ceramic coating vs. graphene. HAH! Anyway, I have 3 bottles of 303 graphene awaiting the day when I finally take delivery.

Good luck to all who are still patiently awaiting the Blue Oval's merciful decision to actually produce your beloved pickup.
Sponsored

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't say cheap, some that know they are going to mod are just smart. If you're going to put in your own high end stereo, fancy wheels, Katzkin leather, upgraded headlights and taillights, and the like, why pay the big fee for the upgrade if they are just going to be yanked?

But since the high-end Escape partsbin seems to be able to donate so much, it makes you wonder why Ford didn't go more high end on the maxed out trim for the Maverick? Why not give the Lariat Luxury package the full digital cluster for example? Seems like a missed opportunity.
My guess is that the Maverick was originally intended to get these things along with a 12" sync 4 unit (looking at you oddly placed cubby by screen...) but the chip shortage made them change directions... The Maverick was in final development when the chip shortage hit so it would have been easy to remove these options in order to try and protect the Maverick from the chip shortage.

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
I'm extremely excited for this Truck. For many, many reasons. One of which are the well thought-out customizations that one can DIY. I'm not even close to getting one of these trucks and I had to stop myself from 3D printing parts for a truck I won't have for a very long time.

I visited The Henry Ford with my kids this summer. Instantly changed everything I thought about Ford. If this account is legit, official and provides information for this swap; I am more than sold on the Maverick and Ford. This is exactly what needs to happen to support sustainability.

Thank you OP for pioneering this swap. I and many others are watching this closely and cannot wait to see what transpires.

LineNoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
My guess is that the Maverick was originally intended to get these things along with a 12" sync 4 unit (looking at you oddly placed cubby by screen...) but the chip shortage made them change directions... The Maverick was in final development when the chip shortage hit so it would have been easy to remove these options in order to try and protect the Maverick from the chip shortage.
Makes perfect sense. I bet you're right!

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Easiest way to fix the odometer reading if it reads less than the Maverick is to hook up power to the cluster then power the speedometer so it thinks it is driving at a high speed like 100mph and leave it that way until the odometer catches up to the listed mileage on the Maverick odometer.
I think history has shown us that is not the way to go.

Sponsored

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So, you're not gonna like this, but the Escape uses 2 different fuel level senders, the Maverick only has one. On the Escape, the 2 signal inputs are compounded to get the total fuel level. With only one input, the cluster will only ever see the tank as half full.

Some tweaks with ForScan might switch the cluster over to a single input, but I couldn't say for sure. For reference, the Escape's fuel level signal to the cluster is on pins 1, 2, 9 and 10. The Maverick only uses pins 1, 2 and 10.
Very good detail, very cool tread….

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

RonFetty

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Cummins Ram 5SP, 4-Runner TRDP, TDI DSG VW
Oh man, only a matter of time before Ford execs see this and decide to add some encryption.

but that prob wont be till MY2023/4. so all in on 2022 will be ok.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
One of the reasons I upgraded to the FX4 was for the larger productivity screen. I would have liked a full digital display. I have to say, even if you can accurately set the mileage, I would never buy a Maverick with a digital display. I could never trust the mileage would be accurate.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to say, even if you can accurately set the mileage, I would never buy a Maverick with a digital display. I could never trust the mileage would be accurate.
All Mavericks and pretty much any modern vehicle has a digital odometer only. Even the base 4.x" LCD cluster with analog gauges has the odometer on the LCD. You're just going to have to trust it, it's very reliable.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
All Mavericks and pretty much any modern vehicle has a digital odometer only. Even the base 4.x" LCD cluster with analog gauges has the odometer on the LCD. You're just going to have to trust it, it's very reliable.
The Maverick didn't come stock with this full digital gauge so I would know the gauge has been swapped out so I could never trust the mileage is accurate. I would know right off the bat that gauge was from a different vehicle.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick didn't come stock with this full digital gauge so I would know the gauge has been swapped out so I could never trust the mileage is accurate. I would know right off the bat that gauge was from a different vehicle.
So you meant to say you wouldn't buy one that someone modded like this. That's a reasonable concern.

You implied you wouldn't buy one from the factory with the 12.3" digital instrument cluster because the odometer is digital. But the odometer is digital regardless.

Last edited:

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So you meant to say you wouldn't buy one that someone modded like this. That's a reasonable concer.

You implied you wouldn't buy one from the factory with the 12.3" digital instrument cluster because the odometer is digital. But the odometer is digital regardless.
Right, I wouldn't buy one that has been modded like this but I would buy one from the factory if Ford offered it as an option. I think it would get into a situation of not being able to sell it as accurate mileage. In Michigan at least, we have to mark on the title if it's accurate mileage and this would present a tricky situation. If it's marked not accurate mileage than your title is branded for life.

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
As that guy continues to plug rostra in his post for cruise control, but can't look at the forum himself to see that it's already figured out 🤦
I noticed that too! I just hope one of these companies that sell OBD programmers like infotainment.com or 4dTech will have their programmers and switches kits out because they would make a killing on this, since most people are not forscan Experts
Sponsored