jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right, I wouldn't buy one that has been modded like this but I would buy one from the factory if Ford offered it as an option. I think it would get into a situation of not being able to sell it as accurate mileage. In Michigan at least, we have to mark on the title if it's accurate mileage and this would present a tricky situation. If it's marked not accurate mileage than your title is branded for life.
Agreed. If it was my own Maverick and I set the odometer myself, I'd have no concerns. Knowing a previous owner modified the gauge cluster would call into question the accuracy of the odometer.

Had to do the same thing on the title for my recently totaled car before sending it to the insurance co - you fill in the odometer reading and then check to attest its accuracy.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is that the Maverick was originally intended to get these things along with a 12" sync 4 unit (looking at you oddly placed cubby by screen...) but the chip shortage made them change directions... The Maverick was in final development when the chip shortage hit so it would have been easy to remove these options in order to try and protect the Maverick from the chip shortage.
Now this I could imagine happening, since the Maverick design and parts were pulled from other Ford vehicles. It's going to be interesting to see else will fit into the Maverick.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You just keep your stock cluster and just have it reprogrammed before you sell it

Its very easy in modern cars to lower the displayed mileage, if someone wanted to be dishonest

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You just keep your stock cluster and just have it reprogrammed before you sell it

Its very easy in modern cars to lower the displayed mileage, if someone wanted to be dishonest
Yeah, if by some off chance I don't drive this thing until the wheels fall off and it goes to the junk yard, I'll probably either swap the display, or just sell the truck with this. The mileage is 1200 higher than it should be, my truck has 6300 miles before I swapped, this cluster has 7500. I'm not worried about the mileage at all. I fully intend on running this thing well over 200k, if not 300k. It'll probably be my daughter's first car in 13 years.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a 2020 Escape Titanium full digital gauge cluster and plugged it into my maverick, and it worked instantly. No need to do any programming to get it working, however, I'm getting a ton of fault codes from not having a lot of things that the top model Escape has vs my XL Maverick.

I will keep this as updated as I can, but at this moment the biggest issue I've ran into, is the gas gauge is only capable of showing half tank. I had quarter tank when I put the cluster in, and the new cluster was showing an 8th tank. When I filled the truck up, it was showing half tank, and I know it was full.

PXL_20220201_010652499.jpg

PXL_20220131_210602646.jpg

That's freeekiing awesome!! I hope you get everything worked out and can maybe a "how to" video. Out of curiosity, how did you know that the Escape cluster would fit or was it just a, "hmm I wonder if this will work" kind of deal?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's freeekiing awesome!! I hope you get everything worked out and can maybe a "how to" video. Out of curiosity, how did you know that the Escape cluster would fit or was it just a, "hmm I wonder if this will work" kind of deal?
It was a lot of looking at different pictures and tearing my truck apart and finally a, well hopefully this works, as I bought one 😂

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow! That's impressive. I'm curious if I could do a drop in for the Lariat or FX4 cluster in my XLT. I would think it would all just work...

TopGunGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh man, only a matter of time before Ford execs see this and decide to add some encryption.

but that prob wont be till MY2023/4. so all in on 2022 will be ok.
All encryption can be broken unless its sha-256 secured by Bitcoin or the like.

Fred27

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2.0, AWD, 4K tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should show up just like the Escape.
Thanks, that was what I was asking. It makes sense that gear selection would be displayed but it was not apparent from the discussion.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mileage is recorded all the time by a variety of sources that work on or inspect your vehicle. If your vehicle showed 15K miles and then later 10K miles, voila, gets flagged in a carfax or similar report. If however you order a LCD with no miles on it for your practically brand new vehicle, just make sure you exceed the prior mileage before the next inspect and no cause for concern.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's too cool! I wish Ford would officially offer some modular PnP upgrades such as this for their electronics. It would be a smash hit for sure.
Yeah, they are marketing Maverick for us "do it yourselfers" so why not on the electronics side too?! Not every project involves a 2x4! :LOL:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid