2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford [F] is doing very well right now.
Also a shareholder and I agree with you. They need the Maverick to meet CAFE standards and I am sure make a good profit on the truck. Maybe not as much as a $70k F150, but between meeting government regs and generating profit on a popular vehicle, they are doing just fine.

PS -- don't look at what happened to the stock the two weeks...
Sponsored

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For someone who ordered a slightly above base model - This is discouraging - as far as it seems picking what I wanted (could afford) put me in the back of the line because it won't make AS MUCH profit , at least that is the vibe that article puts out.

Here to tell you if that is the modus operandi - Then Happy Customers isn't exactly the goal - nor is it being well balanced with statements like that.
The poor people usually do finish last?

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many times have I read that the Maverick was Ford's response to fill the market void left by exiting the sedan and econobox segment?
Is the Maverick too successful? There are more than a few members of this forum that are moving to the Maverick from F-150's, F-250's, Expeditions, Explorers, and up-line vehicles from other manufacturers.
Rather than draw from "those that never considered a truck", some of us truck/SUV veterans are looking to "right-size" for our needs.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also a shareholder and I agree with you. They need the Maverick to meet CAFE standards and I am sure make a good profit on the truck. Maybe not as much as a $70k F150, but between meeting government regs and generating profit on a popular vehicle, they are doing just fine.

PS -- don't look at what happened to the stock the two weeks...
That's just a market correction. It was over valued. Their fundamentals are just fine after ditching the unprofitable plants in india and brazil. When it drops enough, buy more stock.

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's just a market correction. It was over valued. Their fundamentals are just fine after ditching the unprofitable plants in india and brazil. When it drops enough, buy more stock.
That's exactly my plan. I'm long on Ford. I bought near the top at an average of $22.567. I'll dollar cost average down once payday happens.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

19redsox67

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kona. 2013 Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford is selling to all dealers at the same price, no gouging. The dealers are doing the markup and Ford corp does not see that money they get the same amount regardless of what the dealer marks it up and sells it for.
Ford is reaping the benefits of higher markup at the dealer if the buyer is financing thru Ford credit.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you're saying ... I should buy low and sell high?

I'll get right on it... ;)
I'm actually kind of pissed because I didn't know about xplan pricing for shareholders until the stock price was peaking, especially when I found out it was selling at a very low price just a few months ago. Live and learn. When it drops enough I'll buy a hundred shares so I can get xplan in the future.

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm actually kind of pissed because I didn't know about xplan pricing for shareholders until the stock price was peaking, especially when I found out it was selling at a very low price just a few months ago. Live and learn. When it drops enough I'll buy a hundred shares so I can get xplan in the future.
Woah wait…I thought X plan was for employees and friends/family of employees. It’s for stockholders too? Because I bought 10 shares at 10 bucks/share during the Great Recession and now I’m a hundreds-of-dollars-aire now from it!

UPDATE: you have to have a minimum of 100 shares. Oh well.

DOUBLE UPDATE: I have a 138 shares! Now to see how this works.

lmellberg

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick/Carbonized Gray/Ordered 8/26/21
I wonder if that explains all the Lariats with luxury packages being built these past two weeks. They are producing the trucks that give them the most profit per vehicle.
Nothing personal towards anyone, but I hope so, as that is what I ordered 😶

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Woah wait…I thought X plan was for employees and friends/family of employees. It’s for stockholders too? Because I bought 10 shares at 10 bucks/share during the Great Recession and now I’m a hundreds-of-dollars-aire now from it!

UPDATE: you have to have a minimum of 100 shares. Oh well.

DOUBLE UPDATE: I have a 138 shares! Now to see how this works.
You have to own it for a certain amount of time, 60 days IIRC but maybe it's 6 months. You can generate one PIN a year to get the discounts and I think you can use them for family members. It's a good deal, look into it. You have to jump through some hoops but it's a really nice perk.

ETA start here, you may have to register.

https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_downloads/Ford-Shareholder-Application-11-5-20.pdf

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have to own it for a certain amount of time, 60 days IIRC but maybe it's 6 months. You can generate a certain number of PINs a year to get the discounts and I think you can use them for family members. It's a good deal, look into it. You have to jump through some hoops but it's a really nice perk.
Just read up on it and it’s six months. I’ve had it since 2009. Sent my dealer an email to see if they participate etc.

Ln42

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, I don’t see what’s new here. Of course they are maximizing production on their biggest name and most profitable vehicles. That said, there are lots of shortages and chips are only one of them (spray in bed liner anyone?). I agree with the sentiments about a shift from high volume-low profit to low volume-high profit and time will tell if there’s collusion. I think various auto CEOs have said they like this too in some respects though they can’t say it too loud - can’t find the article with Mary Barra saying that though I think it was her. That said, every manufacturer has been doing this same thing for over a year now. Ford has also recently said to a newspaper that high demand vehicles are getting a priority and I feel like previously they said newly introduced vehicles had a priority. Bottom line, Mr Farley just seems to know his audience on a business news program and wasn’t expecting a forum like this to dissect every word. See prior Ford comments through the Free Press article link below.

https://amp.freep.com/amp/5980416001

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this is a pretty short sighted statement, Ford's obligation is to the stock holders since they are a public company, not necessarily the customer. I'm sure if you owned a company you would do whatever is better for the longevity and profitability of your company primary to trying to keep EVERY customer happy. Ford is going to figure out how to be most profitable while trying to keep as many customers happy as possible but what do you think matters more to them? Keeping the customer who order a 70k F-150 happy or a customer who ordered a 26k Maverick happy?
well one thing you don't want to do is to not come thru with your 'truck of the year' and get the orders filled, they've gotten a ton of good press over it and if they fail to deliver they will be deluged with bad publicity and irate customers - lots of them - and will show that Ford can't handle success - and no longer deserves it.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
well one thing you don't want to do is to not come thru with your 'truck of the year' and get the orders filled, they've gotten a ton of good press over it and if they fail to deliver they will be deluged with bad publicity and irate customers - lots of them - and will show that Ford can't handle success - and no longer deserves it.
I disagree with this. First of all, these forums are a very small cross section of Maverick owners and general consumers. Most buyers are not on here and on top of that, typically the only people who bother to go online to voice their opinion about a product or company are the disgruntled ones. I am willing to bet based on the fact that Ford is delivering over 6,000 Mavericks per month that the vast majority are happy and content and getting their Maverick within a reasonable time frame. I doubt Ford is worried about it and I'm sure they're doing the absolute best they can, do you not think they are trying their best to get every Maverick they can sold?????
Sponsored