Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At this point, how bout they get up to date on current orders and builds THEN they can worry about new vehicles.

Signed,

The guy who complains about people complaining about waiting for the truck they ordered way too early before production began.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Will be interesting to see the route they go with it. Like Toyota did with Scion for entry level cars. As long as they don't lose the original purpose like Scion did, I think that they will be ok.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will be interesting to see the route they go with it. Like Toyota did with Scion for entry level cars. As long as they don't lose the original purpose like Scion did, I think that they will be ok.
Interesting!!!!!!!

Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
It would be neat to see something kindof like a Bronco Sport with different styling and more of a focus on lifestyle rather than offroading. Basically it'd be a Bronco Sport with the Mav hybrid powerplant and maybe some smart daily features, if you look at minivans they have all kinds of really thoughtful features you'll use all the time so that's kinda what I mean. Cool minivan alternative

Otherwise I can't think of anything else they could do with the Mav name outside of the vehicle I just described, ecosport replacement, and a Mav truck. Could pull a Mazda and offer 3 crossovers that are 10% different each.

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Seems odd that they are thinking about adding another band. Why did they dump Mercury (the first car I ever rode in)?

General Motors did away with with Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Geo, Hummer, LaSalle and Saturn. I think I'm seeing a pattern...

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could see this as a mini tahoe - add 1/2 foot of legroom in the back seat and then have a 3.5 foot storage area in the back with a more square shape for maximum height...that would actually be pretty awesome as many SUV's just have so little room in the back for being a larger vehicle. Make it so the rear seats could be removed like the Honda Element and you have a 6.6 foot space so you could sleep in the back and I think you'd have a winner.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
I wonder if his comments really hint at the Maverick and Bronco Sport being in the same "family" as far as price point and the demographic targeted. I don't see any reason to do something like a Maverick SUV because the Bronco Sport is their entry-level SUV. He may also being including the Maverick in with the Bronco "lifestyle" that those vehicles target in their marketing.
Sponsored