Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yesterday I got a rock chip in my windshield... arrgg!! Oh well, I had an appointment to get front windows tinted this morning at Tint World and thought I would see about get the chip fixed... They no longer have a "chip guy" .. must be a special skill. The guy who did my windows did a good job.. They are just a wee bit darker, which is what I wanted. Cost me $100. He commented that he had been tinting windows for a long time and was pretty much over getting excited about exotic and expensive cars. He said he liked how solid the Maverick felt and said that the one thing that stood out with him was how comfortable the seats were. He said he has sat in a lot of cars and the Maverick seat was, by far, one of the most comfortable.

I tried to find a place to get the chip fixed. I applied on my phone to have SafeLite do the work.. even enter insurance info and them the site said there was a error and someone would call me within 12 hours.. 12 hours??? Then I noticed my insurance showed a claim number for my window damage. I called SafeLite... they didn't show me in their system. I called my insurance company... they said a claim was generated but it did not have a company attached to it. They could set me up with SafeLite but earliest would be 2 weeks out. They said I could find someone on my own and call them with the information and they would bill whomever I chose. I called around and a couple of folks could do something in a few days but not today. Then someone suggested a guy that is within a couple of miles of me... He had me come over and fixed the chip in about 15 minutes.

Ultimately, I see a lot of SafeLite commercials but don't think I would be inclined to try them again. Their system lost my information and they were 2 weeks out to get the chip replaced where other places were, at most, a couple of days. If I hadn't tried to reach back out to them I probably would have wasted a day with no results.
Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesterday I got a rock chip in my windshield... arrgg!! Oh well, I had an appointment to get front windows tinted this morning at Tint World and thought I would see about get the chip fixed... They no longer have a "chip guy" .. must be a special skill. The guy who did my windows did a good job.. They are just a wee bit darker, which is what I wanted. Cost me $100. He commented that he had been tinting windows for a long time and was pretty much over getting excited about exotic and expensive cars. He said he liked how solid the Maverick felt and said that the one thing that stood out with him was how comfortable the seats were. He said he has sat in a lot of cars and the Maverick seat was, by far, one of the most comfortable.

I tried to find a place to get the chip fixed. I applied on my phone to have SafeLite do the work.. even enter insurance info and them the site said there was a error and someone would call me within 12 hours.. 12 hours??? Then I noticed my insurance showed a claim number for my window damage. I called SafeLite... they didn't show me in their system. I called my insurance company... they said a claim was generated but it did not have a company attached to it. They could set me up with SafeLite but earliest would be 2 weeks out. They said I could find someone on my own and call them with the information and they would bill whomever I chose. I called around and a couple of folks could do something in a few days but not today. Then someone suggested a guy that is within a couple of miles of me... He had me come over and fixed the chip in about 15 minutes.

Ultimately, I see a lot of SafeLite commercials but don't think I would be inclined to try them again. Their system lost my information and they were 2 weeks out to get the chip replaced where other places were, at most, a couple of days. If I hadn't tried to reach back out to them I probably would have wasted a day with no results.
Pictures?

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my first windshield and paint chip yesterday. Some bozo drove down the center turn lane in a Camaro at approx 60 MPH and kicked up rocks at my Maverick. They are pretty minor. The little windshield chip is near the camera though. I'll need to get it repaired before it cracks across the camera. Don't want to lose ACC/lane centering.

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dang. Glad you got it fixed soon enough. Had. A 1/4 inch chip in my other vehicles windshield and set up an appointment with safelite. Earliest they could do was two days out, which was sooner than anyone else. Well appointment comes and I drive to their shop and they tell me I’m. It on their schedule. I show them the confirmation email I got and they said they couldn’t do anything.

Luckily I’m an angry eater so I drove off to pick up some food and just so happens there’s a glass repair shop a few bays away. So while waiting for my food I dropped by to schedule an appointment and the guy asks to see the crack. Takes one look and tells me he can get it done in 10 minutes. Give him the keys and go back to get my food. Come back and he was already done. Safelite guy didn’t even want to look at what would’ve been a quick and easy job. So never again.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A general comment and not necessarily directed at Safelite but it's sad when you go to a repair shop and all they want your insurance info before anything else. The don't even kiss you anymore after you get screwed. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
CenTexMav

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A general comment and not necessarily direct at Safelite but it's sad when you go to a repair shop and all they want your insurance info before anything else. The don't even kiss you anymore after you get screwed. :)
No flowers, no candy, not even something to drink? Just.... "Look, there is something on the toe of your shoe.. bend over and see what it is."

Seriously though... This is one of the reasons I have insurance to begin with. I call them up and get the chip fixed without having to come up with extra cash. I was surprised with SafeLite... Their site triggered a claim to start with my insurance but was totally oblivious about me trying to set up service. Then they were two weeks out if I did try to set up an appointment. The local guy I found told me to come by, he had someone do it real quick and sent me on my way. Much better experience.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t mean to break the mood, but I have to say I’ve had nothing but excellent service from Safelite. Now I do live in a pretty rural area with small towns around (1,600),(17,000),(70,000). The closest in Bowling Green the largest town within 100 miles. But I’ve had three occasions to need a window repaired and they twice came out to the farm within a day and the third I just pulled in asked for help and bing bang boom, all good.

I’ld put it on the individuals and the facilities themselves not necessarily company.

Just my experience.

OP
OP
CenTexMav

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don’t mean to break the mood, but I have to say I’ve had nothing but excellent service from Safelite. Now I do live in a pretty rural area with small towns around (1,600),(17,000),(70,000). The closest in Bowling Green the largest town within 100 miles. But I’ve had three occasions to need a window repaired and they twice came out to the farm within a day and the third I just pulled in asked for help and bing bang boom, all good.

I’ld put it on the individuals and the facilities themselves not necessarily company.

Just my experience.
Ok.. I can go with that. Like most "nationwide businesses" it has a lot to do with the local shops that represent the product.
Sponsored