Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yesterday was a rainy day so I went through the December scheduling email threads and totaled up the number of emails received broken out by the month ordered. This is from the emails received on 12/2, 12/9, and 12/16. Obviously, this information is limited to what was reported in this forum by members, so it's not necessarily representative of what happened with all of Ford's orders.

Hybrid (Total 151):

June (41); July (79); August (27); September (1); October thu December (0); order date not specified (3)

All of the August orders were 8/12 or earlier, most being Aug 1-5

Ecoboost (Total 60):

June (6); July (7); August (4); September (6); October (19); November (15); December (3)

Engine not Specified (Total 15):

June (3); July (7); August (4); order date not specified (1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What this tells me is for hybrids, Ford was almost exclusively scheduling June, July, and early August orders, and definitely not later orders (October, etc.). June and July hybrid orders without build dates could still be mostly due to the high demand for hybrids vs. the 40% constraint, as Ford just continues to work through the big pile of hybrid orders from those months. Of course, dealer allocations, geography, constrained accessories, etc. could still have impacted why these June/July/August orders were scheduled vs. others from the same months that weren't selected, but it seems Ford just hasn't had the production capacity build the high number of hybrid orders on a timely basis.

Ecoboost data, on the other hand, presents a different story. The order months for those scheduled in December are all over the map, with October and November orders clearly leading the way. I would be more concerned if I had a June or July Ecoboost order hanging out there given the clear evidence that newer orders are getting scheduled.
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesterday was a rainy day so I went through the December scheduling email threads and totaled up the number of emails received broken out by the month ordered. This is from the emails received on 12/2, 12/9, and 12/16. Obviously, this information is limited to what was reported in this forum by members, so it's not necessarily representative of what happened with all of Ford's orders.

Hybrid (Total 151):

June (41); July (79); August (27); September (1); October thu December (0); order date not specified (3)

Ecoboost (Total 60):

June (6); July (7); August (4); September (6); October (19); November (15); December (3)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What this tells me is for hybrids, Ford was almost exclusively scheduling June, July, and early August orders, and definitely not later orders (October, etc.). June and July hybrid orders without build dates could still be mostly due to the high demand for hybrids vs. the 40% constraint, as Ford just continues to work through the big pile of hybrid orders from those months. Of course, dealer allocations, geography, constrained accessories, etc. could still have impacted why these June/July/August orders were scheduled vs. others from the same months that weren't selected, but it seems Ford just hasn't had the production capacity build the high number of hybrid orders on a timely basis.

Ecoboost data, on the other hand, presents a different story. The order months for those scheduled in December are all over the map, with October and November orders clearly leading the way. I would be more concerned if I had a June or July Ecoboost order hanging out there given the clear evidence that newer orders are getting scheduled.
Thanks for taking the time to do this. At least its showing, Ford is trying to get those early orders out there. Gives me hope I may get scheduled soon.

Shadow.Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van

Hybrid (Total 151):

Ecoboost (Total 60):

This is very similar to Tim's numbers from Long McArthur (see 45 min mark)

OP
OP
JBnorthTX

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for taking the time to do this. At least its showing, Ford is trying to get those early orders out there. Gives me hope I may get scheduled soon.
Yeah, all three of those scheduling weeks were similar for hybrid orders. It will be interesting to see if this week maintains the same pattern or changes.

OP
OP
JBnorthTX

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is very similar to Tim's numbers from Long McArthur (see 45 min mark)
Finally watched the video. Yeah his numbers were very similar (primary June/July hybrids with August orders only from early in the month). Whenever scheduling starts to include orders made later in August, it will hopefully mean they are closer to working through the June/July backlog.

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hybrid (Total 151):

Ecoboost (Total 60):

The Eco orders are probably all over the place because of trim.
Having a Lariat on order, I try to watch those posts. It seems almost all of the later orders are XL & XLT (less chips and less SIBL).
I did see a November Lariat, similar to mine & ordered after mine, so that is probably due to dealer allocations.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally watched the video. Yeah his numbers were very similar (primary June/July hybrids with August orders only from early in the month). Whenever scheduling starts to include orders made later in August, it will hopefully mean they are closer to working through the June/July backlog.
I'm really hoping that June/July orders continue to get scheduled. I changed my Lux package from SIBL to DIBL just to remove any constraint from my order. Hopefully this will help for this coming week 🙏!

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As a September 2021 Lariat Lux Hybrid ‘wanna be’, I saw that original solo Hybrid Order from September, hiding within the last Scheduling surge from 3+ weeks ago.

IIRC, something looked hinky about that particular Hybrid order, perhaps it was the claim the poster had “heard from his salesman”. Or because it was the 1st September hybrid order listed.

Good stuff, thanks for compiling this. Hoping Thursday’s surge provides additional data and encouragement.

OP
OP
JBnorthTX

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As a September 2021 Lariat Lux Hybrid ‘wanna be’, I saw that original solo Hybrid Order from September, hiding within the last Scheduling surge from 3+ weeks ago.

IIRC, something looked hinky about that particular Hybrid order, perhaps it was the claim the poster had “heard from his salesman”. Or because it was the 1st September hybrid order listed.

Good stuff, thanks for compiling this. Hoping Thursday’s surge provides additional data and encouragement.
Thanks. Yeah you're right that September order was a notification from the dealer and not an email received. I know of one September hybrid order that has been built and delivered, but the owner received his email well before the weeks in December I reviewed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JBnorthTX

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm really hoping that June/July orders continue to get scheduled. I changed my Lux package from SIBL to DIBL just to remove any constraint from my order. Hopefully this will help for this coming week 🙏!
Good luck this week! I checked with my dealer during the holidays to see if I was at Priority 2 yet, but answer was no. With an 8/21 order I don't expect an email this week. I'm circling 2 weeks from tomorrow on the calendar as when it will come in. ;)

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck this week! I checked with my dealer during the holidays to see if I was at Priority 2 yet, but answer was no. With an 8/21 order I don't expect an email this week. I'm circling 2 weeks from tomorrow on the calendar as when it will come in. ;)
I was at Priority 2 for weeks, but that damn SIBL was killing me! I was just released from P2 yesterday, which allowed my salesman to change out my SIBL for the DIBL. Fingers, eyes, arms, legs and toes crossed for scheduling day! 🤣🤣

Last edited:

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm still holding out for a SIBL. But you may be right switching my lux package with DIBL. I may get my Maverick by my April birthday. Decisions decisions.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hybrid (Total 151):

Ecoboost (Total 60):

If this is true those are really sad pitiful numbers. 151 Hybrids total - that's less than one dealership - way less than the Mavericks sold at just Long McArthur. I realize that is just this forum however my dealer said they had sold 250 hybrids a few months ago.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If this is true those are really sad pitiful numbers. 151 Hybrids total - that's less than one dealership - way less than the Mavericks sold at just Long McArthur. I realize that is just this forum however my dealer said they had sold 250 hybrids a few months ago.
As you said though -- that's just people who are 1. Using this website and 2. Willing to post about it.

What you see posted on this site is from a fraction of a fraction of buyers -- which makes it an interesting sample, but is not representative of the actual volume. Look at Ford's reported sales numbers for that.
Sponsored