Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm really glad to see that hood struts will be available for the Maverick. I put them on all four of the PT Cruisers we've had and it is sooo nice not to have to work around a prop rod. As a point of reference, I installed them on my 2003 PT in July of 2005 and they still work fine. They were $135 at the time.
Sponsored

Ronbye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The set is $137.99. Shipping to Canada can be accommodated if you order by phone. Give us a call tomorrow after 8am EST and we can get you set up. 734-455-5807
Will this work on the HYBRID engine, as there are two coolant reservoirs in the location where the strut mount is?

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Will this work on the HYBRID engine, as there are two coolant reservoirs in the location where the strut mount is?
From everything we can tell so far this should have no issue installing on the Hybrid.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would stay away from these. Not for the product themselves but due to how flimsy the hood is. These are likely to cause you to pull a square body chevy and bend your hood while closing it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I would stay away from these. Not for the product themselves but due to how flimsy the hood is. These are likely to cause you to pull a square body chevy and bend your hood while closing it.

MRT has designed this hood strut system with the Mavericks light weight hood in mind. The system is designed to prevent any damage from occurring to your hood while opening or closing the hood. This was also a big worry for a lot of new Bronco owners and the hood strut kit MRT has designed for the Bronco has not had one issue or complaint of a damaged hood.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MRT has designed this hood strut system with the Mavericks light weight hood in mind. The system is designed to prevent any damage from occurring to your hood while opening or closing the hood. This was also a big worry for a lot of new Bronco owners and the hood strut kit MRT has designed for the Bronco has not had one issue or complaint of a damaged hood.
Well I'd be happy ro review them for you!

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's a pretty easy process but it wouldn't hurt to have a set of helping hands with you. There are a few tricks to ensuring hood alignment including taping around the outside of the bracket before unbolting the hood. This will keep a nice template for you when bolting the hood back down. If you have a set of extra hands though it makes it real easy to hold the hood in place while installing the hood brackets. I see your location is listed as Midwest If you are anywhere near our location in Michigan we can offer free installation of the hood strut kit.
Where in Michigan? I live North of Indianapolis.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
20211223_083111-removebg-preview.png

Hello! My name is Dana and I am with MRT Performance here in Plymouth, Mi. I will be taking some time to highlight all of MRT's 2022+ Maverick products. First we will start with MRT's No Drill Hood Strut kit.
This Maverick accessory is simple: Add underhood dress up to your truck with a design that is functional and has purpose. MRT hood struts replace the factory prop rod with brackets and gas cylinder struts that lift the hood and give you a clear view into the Maverick engine bay - AND you don't have to manually prop the hood open. Consistent with MRT's original no-drill hood struts introduced on the Mustang, this kit is designed to maintain hood alignment by using factory attachment points for strength and safety! Each strut is specifically selected for optimal performance with Maverick's lightweight hood.

MRT hood strut brackets are made out of high-quality steel for the utmost durability and come standard with a quality Black Powder Coat Finish. Custom bracket colors are available for an additional fee and come in 2 options: Carbon fiber look or vehicle color matching. If a vehicle matching bracket color is desired, select a custom paint option and put the paint code you want in the order notes. Allow a 1-2 weeks lead time for custom painted brackets.

AVAILABLE HERE- MRT 2022+ Maverick Products

Feel free to ask any questions!
Shipping to Canada is available with phone orders 734-455-5807

Hood Strut Overview

Do you guys ship to canada?

Sponsored

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed mine this afternoon and they work great. Very easy install and hood operation is now super easy.

They appear to have also solved my hood flutter issue as well. I'll know more tomorrow when I can get out on the highway. But early results are very encouraging.

Nice product. I am very happy with them.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a heads up!!

I installed the struts yesterday. The install went well and struts lift the hood nicely. Unfortunately, today when I went to open the hood the latch is failing to release. The hood alignment looked good yesterday, but I never tried reopening after the initial close.

I suspect that there was a slight movement of the hood that we were not aware of.

So today I’m looking for any suggestions on how to get the hood open again.

The release handle in the truck released the first lock once, but didn’t release the second. On the second pull there was no resistance on the handle. After looking and not finding a manual secondary safety release I fully closed the hood from the safety lock position and tried again. Now I have no resistance on the hood release leaver at all. So it is now stuck fully closed.

I know this a new vehicle so searching the web was a bust.

HELP!!! Please.

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Just a heads up!!

I installed the struts yesterday. The install went well and struts lift the hood nicely. Unfortunately, today when I went to open the hood the latch is failing to release. The hood alignment looked good yesterday, but I never tried reopening after the initial close.

I suspect that there was a slight movement of the hood that we were not aware of.

So today I’m looking for any suggestions on how to get the hood open again.

The release handle in the truck released the first lock once, but didn’t release the second. On the second pull there was no resistance on the handle. After looking and not finding a manual secondary safety release I fully closed the hood from the safety lock position and tried again. Now I have no resistance on the hood release leaver at all. So it is now stuck fully closed.

I know this a new vehicle so searching the web was a bust.

HELP!!! Please.

Check your inbox.
Sponsored