First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My only complaint with FE is I think they should have had the first vins. Other that I am in production and I should have it beginning of January. But I never felt it should be first just because of the name. If you want to see some people who have a large gripe go over to Bronco and there are people who ordered FE and are still waiting some 450 days later.
Note..doesn't make it right..just because someone else is also getting screwed. Need to raise the discontent level...they still put those orders down as income revenue streams..and the customer is left holding the deficit..just not right across the board...
Sponsored

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My only complaint with FE is I think they should have had the first vins. Other that I am in production and I should have it beginning of January. But I never felt it should be first just because of the name. If you want to see some people who have a large gripe go over to Bronco and there are people who ordered FE and are still waiting some 450 days later.
Never felt I should be first..but I sure as hell thought I should be in the first 6 months..just sayin

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Noted...agree...you can't say I haven't raised a red flag...just sayin
I would guess most of us agree there had been piss poor communication from ford. Not just to us but also ford to dealer. My truck has been setting in chicago for three weeks tomorrow. 3 hours from me. Dealer text me two and half weeks ago ot at the last stop we can get hyped now...they are mad irs not here and have now way of knowing its on its way till it pulls in.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shoot. I have a Honda Pilot "Special Edition". I thought they built it just for me, 'cuz I'm a special person!

Guess I'll hafta rethink all that now.... o_O

Sponsored

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would guess most of us agree there had been piss poor communication from ford. Not just to us but also ford to dealer. My truck has been setting in chicago for three weeks tomorrow. 3 hours from me. Dealer text me two and half weeks ago ot at the last stop we can get hyped now...they are mad irs not here and have now way of knowing its on its way till it pulls in.
I am only on this thread, because I really, really want Ford to succeed! But if we don't push back and rattle some cages..it will get swamped by those companies that pay attention to customers. Customers DRIVE success, once a company takes them for granted or diminish how 'smart' the customer is..they fail miserably. Ford has a great heritage..but something is terribly off the rails in may view.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok...do I have your attention Ford? We made an early commitment to your advertised, pushed, premium prices 'First Edition'. And for myself, I am really, really, really not happy (do you catch where this is going?).

How in the mental world of any entry level marketing genius, do you expect the down right exclusion of 'First Edition' buyers to not being 'FIRST EDITION" receivers. How in this twisted world of politically correct, don't affend, get it for free society..do you expect to NOT get huge blow back for simply shifting your business model to NOT serve the 'First Edition' buyers..first. What planet is your business/marketing/public relations group on...or do they simply work remote from human interaction.

Is this Edsel 2.0 ???
I completely understand the frustration. I feel “FE” package is geared to commemorate the first run/first generation of the Maverick in general, and not necessarily the first trucks to be out of the assembly plant.
That said, I’m not meaning to sound like you’re wrong or attacking. Ford really, like REALLY, dropped the ball with custom orders and delivery of this Maverick release.

Lexx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ok...do I have your attention Ford? We made an early commitment to your advertised, pushed, premium prices 'First Edition'. And for myself, I am really, really, really not happy (do you catch where this is going?).

How in the mental world of any entry level marketing genius, do you expect the down right exclusion of 'First Edition' buyers to not being 'FIRST EDITION" receivers. How in this twisted world of politically correct, don't affend, get it for free society..do you expect to NOT get huge blow back for simply shifting your business model to NOT serve the 'First Edition' buyers..first. What planet is your business/marketing/public relations group on...or do they simply work remote from human interaction.

Is this Edsel 2.0 ???
Calm down, I’m sure you’ll be getting yours pulled soon. Mine’s scheduled to be delivered between the 20th of this month to the 5th of next month and I ordered mine in June. I definitely understand your frustration but this isn’t something to lose sleep over.

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I completely understand the frustration. I feel “FE” package is geared to commemorate the first run/first generation of the Maverick in general, and not necessarily the first trucks to be out of the assembly plant.
That said, I’m not meaning to sound like you’re wrong or attacking. Ford really, like REALLY, dropped the ball with custom orders and delivery of this Maverick release.
Appreciate the thought...but the 'first run' or 'first generation' package should never come out in the second calendar year of production...let's not put too fine of a point on it..but there comes a time when you have to call them on a total marketing sham...this is not a close call..they KNOW what constraints they have..they just won't TELL us when they will get resolved. Appreciate the thoughts..but I am pushing ..I agree.

Sponsored

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate the thought...but the 'first run' or 'first generation' package should never come out in the second calendar year of production...let's not put too fine of a point on it..but there comes a time when you have to call them on a total marketing sham...this is not a close call..they KNOW what constraints they have..they just won't TELL us when they will get resolved. Appreciate the thoughts..but I am pushing ..I agree.
I never understood why Ford would launch this vehicle w/o having a stockpile of parts gathered up, and be ready to go, even if that delayed the official release date. Why launch a new product, especially given pandemic crap and I guess hope things work out? Disney’s classic thing to wow customers was to under-promise and then over-deliver just enough. Ford is trying the opposite, I don’t think it’s working.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup mine has been on a tour of 10 states across the southern portion of USA after coming off the line in mid October. Still not at the dealer - in New Mexico- a days drive from the Hermosillo plant. The delivery logistics are failing all over. I just read 3 year wait of F150 lightening… I can’t imagine what those customers are in for.

edcrawfordlv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
..nope..BEFORE August...but come on folks...my b.s. warnings are flagging...you mean to tell me you are HAPPY with Ford's communication to customers...you put down a big chunk of income to buy a product..you get a happy email "thanks for being a customer'..and then 6 months later you STILL don't have ANY information from ANYBODY about when, or if, or in what quarter of if you get the product. This is not some off the cuff rant, I got to believe any company is concerned that this is not a good model to follow. Slam me all you want..for what ever reason..but some times shinning the light of discontent is good for a company. This is NOT good customer relations, all the best to the hard working Ford folks...but someone has to get the message.
Ford got nothing from you, it all went to your dealer. How much did you have to put down as a depost? My dealer was $500, which was the same deposit I had to make to order a RAV4. Oh, and I had to wait for my RAV4 too.

Muskyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
i am personally trying to be patient on my FE Hybrid order. I know we are all eager to get them. I’ll only get riled if Ford switches model years prior to mine getting built, and no longer produces the FE. I ordered end of July and will be happy whenever it gets built.

Status
Not open for further replies.