First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait... so you're saying... you didn't even ask your dealer about delivery schedules?

Sounds like you didn't learn the Star Wars lesson.
  • Star Wars Episode IV came out in 1977.
  • Star Wars Episode I came out in 1999.
Ever since then I've been a bit more careful about my assumptions.
For sure..in the future..if I ever buy a new vehicle, I will not assume it will be delivered in the same year I order it...and of course if I pay even a bit more for the higher trim model, with more features and a label that says 'First'..or 'Early'... or 'Special' ..or 'Urgent order ..or anything above base model, expect it to be delievered 3 to 4 months AFTER every other order...got it...just didn't understand the common sense rules of those that are happy campers...
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For my next new vehicle purchase, I will opt for the Last Edition, and fully expect to be last to receive my order. Otherwise, _______ motor vehicle company will not hear the end of it from me on these here interwebs. And I don't want anyone telling me it's the last production run of said model; I know my English well enough to know what "last" means. What else could Last Edition mean when buying a new vehicle? I will be forking out the absolute minimal amount of money, thus guaranteeing my place at the end of the line to receive a bug-free, non-defect production model.

As the great philosopher, Reese Bobby, once imparted onto his son these words of wisdom, "Son, if you're not first, you're last". Let that sink in for a bit.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oh my...it is either black or while...no judgement involved..you don't think a 'first edition' that arrives 6 months AFTER other orders is out of line...do you work for Ford..this is just a bit hillarious!..if it wasn't so sick!
Its not 6 months. Not quite 3 months actually when they began building trucks.
(I tried to NOT post, but my ๐Ÿ‘น side took over)

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its not 6 months. Not quite 3 months actually.
(I tried to NOT post, but my ๐Ÿ‘น side took over)
Just to clarify...Ford's best guess for me is February ...that is 6 months after my order...I don't think that is being 'pissy'...

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to clarify...Ford's best guess for me is February ...that is 6 months after my order...I don't think that is being 'pissy'...
I edited to add that they didn't yet begin making trucks but 3 months ago.

Sponsored

EugDom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't believe I read through 10 pages of this kid whining and crying and complaining and just being pissed off at the world. You sir have got major mental issues and your first edition maverick should be the least of your concerns at this point. I wasn't going to say anything at first but 10 pages of this shit??...get over yourself and quit blaming the world and everyone in it for your downfalls and poor ass planning and assumptions. I'm sure I'll be on the shit list along with everyone else on this thread who didn't feel bad for you but I don't care either. Some people I try and give some credit and benefit of the doubt too... This freaking kid.....he's just out there man. No "F"s given to you. You officially earned the nickname for Richard tonight!!!! Good luck to ya.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, if you don't have a build date yet, for a hybrid, that's optimistic!

lol

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy crap. I can't believe I read through most of this mess. All I can say is the OP needs to go buy some other vehicle and/or get some therapy.

I'm thankful this forum has a thread ignore function. I shall put it to good use. I suggest the rest of you do the same.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy crap. I can't believe I read through most of this mess. All I can say is the OP needs to go buy some other vehicle and/or get some therapy.

I'm thankful has a thread ignore list. I shall put it to good use. I suggest the rest of you do the same.
Maybe we all need some therapy.

coxwm2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4 Door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you ordered in August. You are way down the waiting line for your FE. I ordered in mid June. From where I am standing in line, I can't even see you.

And, by the way, what you ordered means a lot as to when your vehicle will get built. Commodity constraints, raw material shortages, COVID. Any of those ring a bell?

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to clarify...Ford's best guess for me is February ...that is 6 months after my order...I
I'm supposed to be getting my truck in January, 7 months after my order.

I think the only fair thing to do is for Ford to hold on to your truck until March so that we both end up waiting 7 months.

I realize they are producing your truck quicker than mine simply because they are able to do so, but that's no excuse for being unfair. o_O

edcrawfordlv

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For sure..in the future..if I ever buy a new vehicle, I will not assume it will be delivered in the same year I order it...and of course if I pay even a bit more for the higher trim model, with more features and a label that says 'First'..or 'Early'... or 'Special' ..or 'Urgent order ..or anything above base model, expect it to be delievered 3 to 4 months AFTER every other order...got it...just didn't understand the common sense rules of those that are happy campers...
You ordered a vehicle that wasn't even being made at the time you ordered it. And the Hybrids did not start delivery until December. Your initial supposition that FE meant first, while incorrect, had logic to it. All your further arguments are silly.

trenado88

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Ok...do I have your attention Ford? We made an early commitment to your advertised, pushed, premium prices 'First Edition'. And for myself, I am really, really, really not happy (do you catch where this is going?).

How in the mental world of any entry level marketing genius, do you expect the down right exclusion of 'First Edition' buyers to not being 'FIRST EDITION" receivers. How in this twisted world of politically correct, don't affend, get it for free society..do you expect to NOT get huge blow back for simply shifting your business model to NOT serve the 'First Edition' buyers..first. What planet is your business/marketing/public relations group on...or do they simply work remote from human interaction.

Is this Edsel 2.0 ???
I feel your frustration. I ordered a Hybrid Lariat LUX on 7/6 and I still donโ€™t have a built date. There are people from June still waiting on a built day. I seriously donโ€™t know whatโ€™s going on with Ford. Some folks here got built dates for August/September orders with the same specs as mine. Iโ€™m ready,one more time,to get disappointed this coming Thursday

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ps
Please just dont call the manager on us purty please