Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It isn't if you 'haven't figured out that the world isn't fair' ..but if you are willing to stand up to the a hail storm of those who support that unfairness. It isn't an easy path to expose it...but then I understand you really don't care...so wasted text..
Yes. Because THIS is the greatest injustice in the world,

Having to wait for a truck.

Man, your life must be so hard.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is this still open?

@Administrator PLEAAAAAASEEEE
Because social media can't stand an opposing point of view...this is NOT a major injustice...but in my humble opinion...it is a 'sucky' marketing decision, and after 20 years of military service and wars...I take issue with the light weights that can't navigate criticism of piss poor marketing, planning, and communication..and NO I am not canceling my order..and I am waiting on my truck...but happy talk for failed business planning is not in my genes...and you 'kids' go back to your kool aid..

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Because social media can't stand an opposing point of view...this is NOT a major injustice...but in my humble opinion...it is a 'sucky' marketing decision, and after 20 years of military service and wars...I take issue with the light weights that can't navigate criticism of piss poor marketing, planning, and communication..and NO I am not canceling my order..and I am waiting on my truck...but happy talk for failed business planning is not in my genes...and you 'kids' go back to your kool aid..
Look, Marvin, I’m pretty sure your computer time at the home is over. Go take some Metamucil.

It’s not Ford’s fault you assumed it meant first come, first served. It’s not our fault you’re entitled. You’ve done nothing but criticize and condescend everyone in this thread, whether they tried to help you/sympathize with you or otherwise. No one cares that you feel slighted. We care less that you have a “difference of opinion”. People on here own different cars and no one attacks them for it. Assuming and making an ass of yourself is not a difference of opinion; it is you being an entitled dick.

And Ford doesn’t give a damn.

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look, Marvin, I’m pretty sure your computer time at the home is over. Go take some Metamucil.

It’s not Ford’s fault you assumed it meant first come, first served. It’s not our fault you’re entitled. You’ve done nothing but criticize and condescend everyone in this thread, whether they tried to help you/sympathize with you or otherwise. No one cares that you feel slighted. We care less that you have a “difference of opinion”. People on here own different cars and no one attacks them for it. Assuming and making an ass of yourself is not a difference of opinion; it is you being an entitled dick.

And Ford doesn’t give a damn.
...and thank you Ford..for that kind response...

Sponsored

edcrawfordlv

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to clarify...Ford's best guess for me is February ...that is 6 months after my order...I don't think that is being 'pissy'...
Did you order in August? But Ford was taking orders before August, so clearly even if "First Edition" meant first to ship, you weren't going to be first because there was 2-4 months worth of First Editions ahead of you.

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you order in August? But Ford was taking orders before August, so clearly even if "First Edition" meant first to ship, you weren't going to be first because there was 2-4 months worth of First Editions ahead of you.
..nope..BEFORE August...but come on folks...my b.s. warnings are flagging...you mean to tell me you are HAPPY with Ford's communication to customers...you put down a big chunk of income to buy a product..you get a happy email "thanks for being a customer'..and then 6 months later you STILL don't have ANY information from ANYBODY about when, or if, or in what quarter of if you get the product. This is not some off the cuff rant, I got to believe any company is concerned that this is not a good model to follow. Slam me all you want..for what ever reason..but some times shinning the light of discontent is good for a company. This is NOT good customer relations, all the best to the hard working Ford folks...but someone has to get the message.

Last edited:

Vinhnguyen54

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Edition does not mean first built. It is commemorates the 1st year of the Maverick's return. Just like the Bronco had. It does not mean first in first out. It is simply a limited edition run being done in the first year only.
Why bother

RussellP IL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav hybrid. 20 escape hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
honestly, I ordered in October and wanted the first edition...i couldnt order it, and am bummed about that. i think it will be worth the wait.

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RichApple, Sorry you are so down on Ford. This probably will not help but I happen to know someone who works for Ford in Dearborn (for over 30 years now so I can speak with confidence what I was told was spot on)
Verbatim was told "Do not expect to see any Hybird vehicle until after first of the year. If it comes sooner then you would be one of the lucky ones". How true this has turned out to be.
Constraints are a major issue in this era, not just the automobile industry but every industry. You know this already since a lot of posters has said this repeatedly.
So surly you cannot be surprised that so few "First Editions" have been built.
I appreciate your 20 years of service and say Thank You!.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RichApple, Sorry you are so down on Ford. This probably will not help but I happen to know someone who works for Ford in Dearborn (for over 30 years now so I can speak with confidence what I was told was spot on)
Verbatim was told "Do not expect to see any Hybird vehicle until after first of the year. If it comes sooner then you would be one of the lucky ones". How true this has turned out to be.
Constraints are a major issue in this era, not just the automobile industry but every industry. You know this already since a lot of posters has said this repeatedly.
So surly you cannot be surprised that so few "First Editions" have been built.
I appreciate your 20 years of service and say Thank You!.
Thanks...I am not down on Ford...I am down on piss poor communications. Gosh they have great products, hard working smart folks, and they have nailed the customer 'demand' details. But communicating with the REAL buyers is a disaster in the making..in my opinion. Some how ..they seem to think direct communciation with the buyer..who is already on the hook..is no longer necessary. That is a huge error, in my view..someone needs to rattle their cage...or things will go south quickly. Still waiting on my purchase....but I want Ford to succeed and get the message.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi @RichApple.

You'll find plenty of people on here who agree with you about Ford's planning and communication. There seems to be a new thread every day where people complain about that and other people complain about them complaining.

But planning and communication are really straw men here. What people actually disagree with you about is your apparent belief that (1) calling a trim level "First Edition" meant it would be produced first and (2) ordering the most expensive trim level should advance you in the schedule.

Those are your actual "opposing points of view." The problem for you is that very few people agree with you about them. People can hurl insults all they want, but that basic disagreement is probably not going to change.

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi @RichApple.

You'll find plenty of people on here who agree with you about Ford's planning and communication. There seems to be a new thread every day where people complain about that and other people complain about them complaining.

But planning and communication are really straw men here. What people actually disagree with you about is your apparent belief that (1) calling a trim level "First Edition" meant it would be produced first and (2) ordering the most expensive trim level should advance you in the schedule.

Those are your actual "opposing points of view." The problem for you is that very few people agree with you about them. People can hurl insults all they want, but that basic disagreement is probably not going to change.
Noted...agree...you can't say I haven't raised a red flag...just sayin

MavrickEcoBoost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
My only complaint with FE is I think they should have had the first vins. Other that I am in production and I should have it beginning of January. But I never felt it should be first just because of the name. If you want to see some people who have a large gripe go over to Bronco and there are people who ordered FE and are still waiting some 450 days later.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.