First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok...do I have your attention Ford? We made an early commitment to your advertised, pushed, premium prices 'First Edition'. And for myself, I am really, really, really not happy (do you catch where this is going?).

How in the mental world of any entry level marketing genius, do you expect the down right exclusion of 'First Edition' buyers to not being 'FIRST EDITION" receivers. How in this twisted world of politically correct, don't affend, get it for free society..do you expect to NOT get huge blow back for simply shifting your business model to NOT serve the 'First Edition' buyers..first. What planet is your business/marketing/public relations group on...or do they simply work remote from human interaction.

Is this Edsel 2.0 ???
Sponsored

Last edited:

MavDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MAZDA 3 Sedan
Get the frustration, but the FE does have more parts to cover and in a commodity shortage, it only makes sense that your build get delayed... I didn't order a FE but trust me, I feel your frustration.

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Edition has never meant first produced. It's basically just a fully loaded special edition. When did you place an order?
And of course the OBVIOUS retort is ..it should be marketed as "Special Edition" ..but in this world, word definitions mean nothing...we are toast...

Sponsored

testa422

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First Edition has never meant first produced. It's basically just a fully loaded special edition. When did you place an order?
This X1000. Never had and currently doesn’t mean you’re “first”. It’s a commemorative special edition at the launch of a new car loaded with goodies.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seriously..July...seriously ?
There are still june order unfilled. They didn't ship until september for the eco and what, last week for the hybrids?

Patience, my friend.

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This X1000. Never had and currently doesn’t mean you’re “first”. It’s a commemorative special edition at the launch of a new car loaded with goodies.
Not buying the 'spin'..this is obvious a choice of words and marketing that is just not true.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's not at all unprecedented for first editions to be late. When Jeep launched the Gladitor a few years ago the "Launch Edition" vehicles weren't available until long after other models were for sale on dealer lots.

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not at all unprecedented for first editions to be late. When Jeep launched the Gladitor a few years ago the "Launch Edition" vehicles weren't available until long after other models were for sale on dealer lots.
..and 'unprecedented' is not an excuse...just plain cheap scam marketing ploy to price it early for no REAL marketing honesty...make it a 'Special Edition'...or 'Early Sucker' edition...or 'Maybe we will get to you edition'...but 'First Edition' in my world..means 'first'...just a simple grad student with only English as my first language.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok...do I have your attention Ford? We made an early commitment to your advertised, pushed, premium prices 'First Edition'. And for myself, I am really, really, really not happy (do you catch where this is going?).

How in the mental world of any entry level marketing genius, do you expect the down right exclusion of 'First Edition' buyers to not being 'FIRST EDITION" receivers. How in this twisted world of politically correct, don't affend, get it for free society..do you expect to NOT get huge blow back for simply shifting your business model to NOT serve the 'First Edition' buyers..first. What planet is your business/marketing/public relations group on...or do they simply work remote from human interaction.

Is this Edsel 2.0 ???
First Edition does not mean first built. It is commemorates the 1st year of the Maverick's return. Just like the Bronco had. It does not mean first in first out. It is simply a limited edition run being done in the first year only.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understood First Edition meant special edition in which this model was only going to be made in the first year of production. I do not understand how you can justify your anger. We Americans need to learn patience with some understanding of our current economic issues.

OP
OP

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understood First Edition meant special edition in which this model was only going to be made in the first year of production. I do not understand how you can justify your anger. We Americans need to learn patience with some understanding of our current economic issues.
Oh..ok "First Edition' ..meant 'Special edition'...but we didn't use 'Special Edition' because that might imply it is NOT a 'First Edition' ...got it.

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2021 VW ID.4
First Edition's for Ford are Special "Loaded" models that ship in the first model year of a new design. Does not mean you will get it first. Look at the Bronco Sports and full size Broncos. They started shipping way before the Maverick and people are still receiving their FE's of those models after other buyers. Like was said before, we are in a strained parts market and distribution right now and car's with extra gadgets and doo-hickeys will probably feel that strain more then a base XL with no options. It sucks, I understand the frustration, I waited 4 months for an F150 PowerBoost which is not that bad but felt like eternity. Hang in there, they are worth it in the end.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.