Sponsored

First Year Model

Grey Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Cactus Grey, Jeep Wrangler Mango
My first Ford and First new model. Not to worried Ford builds trucks better than anyone.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick will be my very first Ford. I bought my current Kia Niro with a leap of faith when it was first year model...and it has been 100% flawless. It;s only got 22k miles and maintains 49-53 mpg's. I hate to trade it in but I'm single and dont need two vehicles.....but it will be a good hybrid for someone who wants to save $$$$ by not buying brand new.
Just rec'd notice today my Maverick hybrid XLT/360Focus has been moved up to Number 2 from previous 19 10 status. I expect to hear from Ford very soon.
Don’t get your hopes up. My hybrid has been Priority 2 for two months.

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First time ever buying a new car.

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an early production 2013 Focus ST. I bought it used but just barely. It was low mileage so it was practically new and it's been an awesome car. The only issues I've had with it was 4 rear-main seal failures while under warranty and on the 4th failure they discovered there was a defect in the oil pan that was chewing up the rear main seal so they replaced the oil pan and it's been fine ever since. Then the syncro on 2nd gear went out at 47k miles and I got a new trans under warranty and FWIW the transmission isn't even produced by Ford.

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
first ford and first MY. Cant be worse then my 2014 jeep wrangler JKU sport. Started having problems after the first year. I hope ford canada is better at doing warranty work then FIAT Chrysler

Sponsored

X17Ridgeline

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus Manual 5S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think there is some truth that you want the bugs worked out of the first few thousand so you don't want to own those. But I bought a 2017 Honda Ridgeline (First year of gen2) that was made at the end of the model year and had no issues. For all of us waiting, the longer the better as for Ford moving down the learning curve to build defect free Mavericks. Maybe the end of the first model year will be the best of all worlds. The 2023 is certain to cost more with less chip heavy standard equipment. Consider it a consolation prize for waiting for the 22!! XLT Hybrid Carbonized Gray ordered OCT23.

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought a first-year Dodge Demon (1972), Renault Alliance (1983), Mazda Protege (1992), Subaru Forester (1997), and Ford Ranger (2019). I consider all of those to have been good cars that delivered as advertised, especially the Protege, Forester, and Ranger. I am not worried in the least about buying a first-year Maverick.
IMO, the old tale of first-year cars being problematic is right up there with "Better hope your car wasn't built on a Friday."

P.S. Just remembered I also bought a first-year Pontiac Firebird Formula WS6 (1996).

Last edited:

AC13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT / 1964 Ford Fairlane 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Several firsts for me:

- First "First Year" vehicle.
- First Ford.
- First pickup or truck of any kind.
- First hybrid.
- First time pre-ordering a vehicle.
- First time making a purchase decision on a vehicle without a test drive.
- First vehicle to APPRECIATE in value when I drive it off the lot. :sneaky:

Last edited:

Goose..you there?

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first! Bought an Ioniq in the 2nd year and had several recalls..but an amazing car. I feel very good about the Mav, many of the components have been around and being used in other models.

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first! Bought an Ioniq in the 2nd year and had several recalls..but an amazing car. I feel very good about the Mav, many of the components have been around and being used in other models.
LOVE my Ioniq. 60-62mpg mixed driving, 65-70mpg hwy.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First new vehicle/first year vehicle, first Ford, and first pickup. A little concerned about it, first year is always a little risky, so I delayed putting in my order until early November. Figured that way I would at least avoid the early production issues.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t get your hopes up. My hybrid has been Priority 2 for two months.
Two months at Priorty 2 ? Wasn't expecting to see that! 😳. Guess I'll just cool my jets & forget about for another 2 months or more. Last Tuesday I did hear Tim Barth saying Ford wants to get out a lot of Mavericks in January/February so perhaps they vetted a LOT of orders to process during this time period. Thx for posting your Priority 2 status. I only deal in reality!

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you

Are you keeping Ioniq or selling when Maverick is purchased?
The Ioniq is the wife's car. Keeping it. I sold my 2019 Ranger to generate funds for the Maverick. Plus, I have will have 3 other cars.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 1948 F-1, it was a first issue. So far no problems although the paint is fading a bit. And yes my father bought it new.
Sponsored