First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This shortage of chips and other imports from China IS WHY WE NEED TO BUILD IN AMERICA !!!
I've read a number of articles that Ford and other companies are going to start building chips here in the United States, but it's going to take a couple of years for that to effect the market.
Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah this is no longer amusing IMO. Especially because we have absolutely no idea. I mean some of us need new cars sooner than later. I may have look at something else soon. I can’t afford to wait until February/March.
I agree, we have no idea what is going on even though Ford promised us we would know. Yes, we get it the world is different but communication is easy with emails. Here is their promise to all of us:

In the Oct 21 Ford email that gave us the free stuff, there was no apology for the hybrid delay. It said "Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated." Next year can be Jan or it could keep getting delayed to next summer for our orders. This email did not explain why the dates keep getting bumped or why already built hybrids are still sitting at the factory.

Notice the ecoboost got shipped mid Sept not long after EPA was issued while the hybrid EPA was released weeks ago but already built trucks are still on hold and won't be delivered for another 1 1/2+ months into Jan.

I asked my dealer what the real reason for the delay and he and told me he does not believe the EPA is still an excuse but Ford has not even told him why. He seemed a little upset because with so few cars to sell, this is holding up his commissions. Seeing his bare lot, I actually feel bad for him.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've read a number of articles that Ford and other companies are going to start building chips here in the United States, but it's going to take a couple of years for that to effect the market.
I kind of doubt Ford is going to build their own semiconductor fab plant...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kind of doubt Ford is going to build their own semiconductor fab plant...
One article stated that Ford and GM were funding the building of factories along with companies to make the chips, still it's going to a couple of years before they affect the car companies.

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Freddaman

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Mirage
My hybrid is already built but Ford is not shipping. Deliveries even on built ones supposedly still 1 1/2 months into January for some reason. I asked my dealer and he did not even know. With so few cars they can sell off their lot, he sounded a little upset Ford's hold on hybrids is also holding up his commission.

Bobbi

First Name
Bobbi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Yeah this is no longer amusing IMO. Especially because we have absolutely no idea. I mean some of us need new cars sooner than later. I may have look at something else soon. I can’t afford to wait until February/March.
.....We need a new vehicle NOW...we also are 76 & 78 yrs old...

DNGRZON

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Subaru Crosstrek, '18 Subaru Forester
Good luck to everyone on getting your Mavs in production and into your garages soon. I got to the point where the pushbacks and lack of real information are too much and too far out into the future. I've canceled my Maverick order and bought a 2022 Frontier SV.

Maybe a Mav is in my future, but not this time around.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't seen any build dates for 1/17. Does that mean more emails are coming out today? If not, what happened?
Seriously. For having three weeks scheduled it seemed awfully slow. I have a feeling that the 11/29 scheduling week might be a big one for people.

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck to everyone on getting your Mavs in production and into your garages soon. I got to the point where the pushbacks and lack of real information are too much and too far out into the future. I've canceled my Maverick order and bought a 2022 Frontier SV.

Maybe a Mav is in my future, but not this time around.
I doubt your dealer canceled with Ford so you probably just handed him a 10k bump in the price to someone else. I would have taken delivery and re-sold it myself.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This shortage of chips and other imports from China IS WHY WE NEED TO BUILD IN AMERICA !!!
That should be no problem.

Just convince everyone you know that it's better to pay more money for products with American made chips, etc. And have them convince everyone they know. And so on.

Simple, really. Shouldn't take long...

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That should be no problem.

Just convince everyone you know that it's better to pay more money for products with American made chips, etc. And have them convince everyone they know. And so on.

Simple, really. Shouldn't take long...
Yup. And even if everything is made domestically in the US, doesn't mean that it will prevent resource shortages in the future. I love living in the US, but the US still needs to import many things for manufacturing. The world doesn't revolve around us.

DNGRZON

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Subaru Crosstrek, '18 Subaru Forester
I doubt your dealer canceled with Ford so you probably just handed him a 10k bump in the price to someone else. I would have taken delivery and re-sold it myself.
Not worth my time.

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Does anyone know if there’s a specific time of day the scheduling emails get sent? Like will I be able to wake up to the possibility of an email tomorrow morning, or will I have to sweat bullets all day, constantly refreshing my email until my battery is dead? I ordered a Hybrid on 10/26, and I know it’s a long shot, but I’m so nervous! 😫
It used to be on Thursdays, but got an email yesterday around 7pm EST that my build week had been moved FOWARD from being pushed BACK in late Oct to Dec 6th. Now we are in a buildd week of Nov 29th. Hope the Ford workers are well rested after the Holidays to start building our Mavericks.
Sponsored