Sponsored

You are driving continuous for more than four hours, take some rest...

OP
OP

Firstfordguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2009 Mazda Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Must be a new thing my 22 doesn't do it. It does on a long trip with twistie roads and crossing the right line pop up on the dash that I need to rest. I think it is the lane keep assist. On fun twisties you gotta have fun.
Mine does not have lane keeping assist. I originally chose 360 option in 2021 and but you know the story, it took more than 2 years to get the truck. The dealer converts my order to '24 with luxury option. No 360, no spray-in bedliner but a dropin instead.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Firstfordguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my wife's case she had to have surgery and have her eye lids lifted. Medicare will pay if they droop into the area of the pupil. In my case I had to tilt my seat back a little straighter up and not look at the drive mode and selector buttons as frequently. I think it also triggers "driver needs a nap" screen if you hug the edges of the lane.
In your case maybe you are paying too much attention to nearby motorcycles? Perhaps you are drifting in front of a cycle close to if not in your blind spot?
Nah none of that. My motor boys disappear either behind or in front of me. And I don't recall ever feel tired or asleep. We stopped every two hours or less anyway.

OP
OP

Firstfordguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yah I do read manual, almost daily in the first few weeks. Lots of things to learn there. I chose not to turn it off yet since it might have helped in other cases, who knows right. I think the software has a defect.
It's based on how much "swerving" you do : how many times you come out of your lane without signaling.

My 2022 does it
Two Toyotas we owned did that same thing.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's based on how much "swerving" you do : how many times you come out of your lane without signaling.

My 2022 does it
Two Toyotas we owned did that same thing.
It's how the "algo" game is played. I have home screen shortcuts to Lowe's, tractor supply, harbor freight, my Ford dealer which I will click on at least one every time I get on phone or computer. 90% of ads I get are related to those so I minimize weird ads to sites I don't recognize. You can play the "red screen need a nap game" open mouth, tilt head close one eye while nudging stripe. = Bingo! But be aware that your insurance company could possibly be purchasing your driving history like the guy who testified before Congress committee that his insurance company bought his driving data and got a 206 or 260 (I don't remember which) page report of his driving habits.

Sponsored

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
Maybe there's a "Jewish mother " setting somewhere that you can toggle off....

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's trying to be nice, pretty sure this is activated by how you're driving, not for how long.

Optimus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This sounds like one of those GPMS systems as advertised on the Bob and Tom Show many years ago called the Nagigator:

(youtube audio here)

Luckily my Mav does not seem to include that “feature.”

OP
OP

Firstfordguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nah...swerving or weaving is not my driving style, even when I was young. Getting older is wiser and calmer. The only time I go fast and fun when I ride my motorcycle to the nearby mountain twisty. But on the cage it is more relaxed. In fact I love and enjoy my Maverick. It's way more fuel efficient than my Miata. Sitting higher and more comfortable. Climbing in and out of Miata is like crawling out of hole.

PapaRico

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Couple weeks ago I took my brand new 2024 Maverick Hybrid XLT to Vegas trip with some friends who drives their motorcycles. After an hour and half or two I heard a very friendly voice saying "You are driving continuously for more than four hours, please take some rest". Nice but hey I just drove a couple hours. Then we stopped for gas at Baker and then rolled out again. After awhile the voice came up again. And you know the rest of the trip it keeps saying that. Even after a good night sleep and some nice breakfast, the annoying voice said again when I kicked off my 2nd day...Does anyone have this issue? I plan to call my dealer sometime next week or so. Obviously I never drive for more than four hours during my trip and it just does not make sense. This is clearly a defect.
I get a voice message every couple of hours on road trips. My small bladdered wife needing to stop and pee. Of course she also has to buy a drink while stopped, thus perpetuating the every 2 hour stop.

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The thing that bothers me about this is where is this information going to? My insurance company? A foreign country's mainframe computer? A Galaxy far, far away?

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get a voice message every couple of hours on road trips. My small bladdered wife needing to stop and pee. Of course she also has to buy a drink while stopped, thus perpetuating the every 2 hour stop.
After dealing with blood clots a few years ago, she's doing you a favor.

HRG

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can play the "red screen need a nap game" open mouth, tilt head close one eye while nudging stripe. = Bingo!.
I think the only Ford with a driver survalance camera is the Mustang E, I don't think the Maverik has one.

Sugarbush Bob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 23 XLT talks to me after two hours . Also tells me to keep two hands on the steering wheel.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think the only Ford with a driver surveillance camera is the Mustang E, I don't think the Maverick has one.
no, quite a few MY24 Ford vehicles offer BlueCruise. F150 Lightning, F150 (higher trim levels), Expedition, Explorer, and yes, Mach-E.

there seems to be an industry trend of semi-autonomous / hands-free driving systems including a driver-facing camera and disabling the system if you're not engaged with the driving. the current systems are not capable of operating a vehicle safely in every scenario so hands-free requires that the driver be paying attention and not on their phone, reading a book, or asleep.

OP's system popped up a warning message in the driver's info cluster for sure. I don't believe it actually plays a voice warning.

It also for sure watches lane departure, reaction time to corners, braking, etc. It can be wrong about a driver being tired, but if it is, it's definitely because the driver is not doing a good job. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Last edited: