Lariat
AWD, 2.0 EB
4K tow
Co-Pilot 360
Spray in liner
Full size spare
Floor Liners
$32,965

Can someone explain why the Lariat is so much? Is it the Active-X seating? It looks like the only way to get heated seats on the Lariat is to get the Lux package, which then bumps the price up to $35,695.

Is the 4K tow package a waste of money if we don't plan to tow with it? I like the extra capacities of oil cooler and radiator as a longevity thing. It doesn't say anything about stiffer springs. Seems the FX4 package also offers similar stuff. All 3 packages offer a trailer hitch so there's some double dipping between packages.
Sponsored

‘80F100

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 F100, 1996 Ram 2500, 2001 Ranger, 2014 Edge
I wouldn’t get the tow package unless you plan to really work the truck. The package also adds a different rear gear which will help acceleration at the expensive of top end speed.

The lariat also adds some other things such as the sync system, signature LED lighting, power passenger seat, intelligent access with push button start.

The packages do have several things in common and unfortunately having one doesn’t reduce the price of the others.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
4k also adds 7 pin trailer connector, different gear ratio, and integrated brake controller. As for price difference lariat adds the power rear sliding window, the ActiveX you mentioned, push button start, dual zone climate, and the led accent lights in the headlights and different looking taillight.

OP
OP

RBElectrical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
This will be a truck for one of my employees. Mostly just driving to and from work (office) and occasional to job sites. I was looking at the Escape, but the Maverick seems like a better option.

Those little extras don't seem worth the additional 4.5K

If I dump all the extras except LUX & 360, XLT=$30,610, Lariat=$34,815

After tax of 8%, $33K & $37.6K Yikes.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This will be a truck for one of my employees. Mostly just driving to and from work (office) and occasional to job sites. I was looking at the Escape, but the Maverick seems like a better option.

XL Hybrid is $12K to $18K less, and will save you tons of gas money. Seems like that might be a better option for an employee transit vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RBElectrical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
XL Hybrid is $12K to $18K less, and will save you tons of gas money. Seems like that might be a better option for an employee transit vehicle.
My only issue with the hybid is FWD and lack of AWD. Last year we got quite a bit of snow and FWD can be a struggle and not as safe imo.

buyacar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My only issue with the hybid is FWD and lack of AWD. Last year we got quite a bit of snow and FWD can be a struggle and not as safe imo.
Won't be a problem in suburban or urban area, government should clean the main road quickly

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has been discussed ad nauseum on this board, tires are exponentially more important when it comes to traction and safety in inclement weather than the drive wheels (what and how many). It's a fact, a FWD vehicle with snow tires is significantly more capable in the snow than the same vehicle with AWD and all-seasons. You may also want to do some research on the limitations of the AWD system on the Maverick. Get your employee some snow tires and save yourself $10k.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Won't be a problem in suburban or urban area, government should clean the main road quickly
This depends on the city you live in...

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Damm, 8% tax. I'll be paying 3%

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This depends on the city you live in...
I've lived and driven FWD compact cars in St Paul for 20 years without issue, and St Paul is the worst when it comes to plowing. They only do full plowing for shows over 3-4 inches. Oh well, it's not like we get winter anymore anyway.

OP
OP

RBElectrical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Yea right. The plows don't come out here until everyone has crashed or is at work.

This has been discussed ad nauseum on this board, tires are exponentially more important when it comes to traction and safety in inclement weather than the drive wheels (what and how many). It's a fact, a FWD vehicle with snow tires is significantly more capable in the snow than the same vehicle with AWD and all-seasons. You may also want to do some research on the limitations of the AWD system on the Maverick. Get your employee some snow tires and save yourself $10k.
I've had FWD + snows. I currently run snows on my AWD M340I and I got snows for my Daughter with a FWD Renegade, but not the one with the AWD Renegade. I am well aware of the benefit of snow tires. And the upfront difference between an XLT FWD+2.5 Hybrid and XLT AWD+2.0 EB is only $3,305. Obviously less once you purchase a snow tire/wheel set. At the end of the day, I want the 2.0 + AWD so not sure why that is such a big deal to some.

Also by my calculations, the difference in fuel consumption will be minimal over the 5 year depreciation. He drives mostly highway, and the 2.5 only rates 4mpg better on the highway. My calculations has his total monthly gas bill @ $300 with the 2.0 and $240 with the hybrid. A $60 savings over 60 months is only $3,600. And that is being generous since I figured just average economy on the 2.0. Total savings of $7,000 over 5 years for a vehicle more complicated and less capable (imo) and likely less resale.

Last edited:

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've lived and driven FWD compact cars in St Paul for 20 years without issue, and St Paul is the worst when it comes to plowing. They only do full plowing for shows over 3-4 inches. Oh well, it's not like we get winter anymore anyway.
If you have snow tires with a FWD, you should be just fine. However FWD without snow tires is another story in my experience , especially where there are steep slopes.
Sponsored