First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just received an email from my dealer. Appertly XLT lux is going to be delayed for an unknown timeframe. Maybe even in 2023 ML.

Only solution is the lux 2a package which is a drop in liner not the spray in.

Ugh.....
when was your hybrid Lux ordered?
Sponsored

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When this all started with the spray in liners being swapped i stopped in and talked to my dealer. Found out it wouldn't apply as I was already ordered and I'm getting a lariat anyhow so no change to that package.

While researching what was up they agreed to take the drop in out and have mine linex'd when it arrived if it came with one. They would just put the drop in on a stock unit at some point to recoup the loss.

They have treated me quite well the whole time.

All that said they should drop both liners from the package and make them standalone items. Would save a lot of BS for a lot of people.

If that was the case I'd drop my factory liner in favor of a color matched one done locally.

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also received a text from my dealer today saying something similar. The weird thing is I already received the "Scheduled For Production" email from Ford and it had a VIN attached.

So is my dealer just misinformed or does it have some merit?

Anyway, here is the the screen cap of our texts.
Also might be exactly as they say, makes no sense and might not affect anything but your's on the list.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy

Tim,

Are you advising your customers that if they switch to the XLT Lux Package that has the drop in bed liner, their truck will be built sooner?
I'm not advising them to do either one.. I would hate to tell them to switch it and then it not come any faster.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
When this all started with the spray in liners being swapped i stopped in and talked to my dealer. Found out it wouldn't apply as I was already ordered and I'm getting a lariat anyhow so no change to that package.

While researching what was up they agreed to take the drop in out and have mine linex'd when it arrived if it came with one. They would just put the drop in on a stock unit at some point to recoup the loss.

They have treated me quite well the whole time.

All that said they should drop both liners from the package and make them standalone items. Would save a lot of BS for a lot of people.

If that was the case I'd drop my factory liner in favor of a color matched one done locally.
I wrote a letter to ford about reimbursing me $495 and leave the bed bare. Let's see what they say. Aftermarket spray ins r better than factory-installed.

Sponsored

Matchstick08

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope this isn't old news, but the XLT Lux package on Ford's site now says Spray-in again.

I ordered 11/12 and was subbed with a drop-in. I was displeased, but wasn't going to let it hold up the order. I checked the build configurator on Ford's site a week later and also saw they replaced spray-in with the drop-in (mid November)

Now on 12/7 I checked and it states spray-in again. Were supply chain issues resolved?

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope this isn't old news, but the XLT Lux package on Ford's site now says Spray-in again.

I ordered 11/12 and was subbed with a drop-in. I was displeased, but wasn't going to let it hold up the order. I checked the build configurator on Ford's site a week later and also saw they replaced spray-in with the drop-in (mid November)

Now on 12/7 I checked and it states spray-in again. Were supply chain issues resolved?
There is a disclaimer on the site. We are getting drop in liners. A modular design.

AlzMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey 2013
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a similar email from Chapman Ford. If I want to truck scheduled than drop the spray in bed liner and take the drop in. Dealer said that Ford is having supply issues with spray in bed liner and my order can be delayed by 6 months. FYI ... my order date 7/28/2021.
My response ... Thanks but no thanks ... I will keep my spray in bed liner and let the chips fall where they fall. I mean we are talking about Ford Motor Company and no some new kid on the block, they should have anticipated the supply issues and rectified them rather than giving ultimatums to the customers.
Anyway .. I am in no hurry. I will wait for my XLT, Lux Pack (with spray in bed liner).

Matchstick08

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a disclaimer on the site. We are getting drop in liners. A modular design.
Where is this disclaimer?

Are you referencing "
S4.
The Option Package price and monthly payment displayed is for illustration purposes, only. Prices and monthly payments may vary based on features included in package, financing terms and availability. Some Options are not available separately. Not all Options or Option Packages are available on all vehicles. See your local dealer for details

"
?

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got a similar email from Chapman Ford. If I want to truck scheduled than drop the spray in bed liner and take the drop in. Dealer said that Ford is having supply issues with spray in bed liner and my order can be delayed by 6 months. FYI ... my order date 7/28/2021.
My response ... Thanks but no thanks ... I will keep my spray in bed liner and let the chips fall where they fall. I mean we are talking about Ford Motor Company and no some new kid on the block, they should have anticipated the supply issues and rectified them rather than giving ultimatums to the customers.
Anyway .. I am in no hurry. I will wait for my XLT, Lux Pack (with spray in bed liner).
I agree with waiting, my Eco boost Maverick has all types of Factory Extras that I added because that's what I want. I am however keeping an eye on the 2023 Hybrid, and decided if my current AWD doesn't arrive by March and Ford makes the 2013 Hybrid AWD I will forfeit the Eco Boost AWD and opt for the Hybrid AWD! I'm in no hurry and currently using my 18 Rav4 Hybrid enjoying 33 Miles per gallon.

Sponsored

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where is this disclaimer?

Are you referencing "
S4.
The Option Package price and monthly payment displayed is for illustration purposes, only. Prices and monthly payments may vary based on features included in package, financing terms and availability. Some Options are not available separately. Not all Options or Option Packages are available on all vehicles. See your local dealer for details

"
?
Look under disclosures at the bottom of the 1st page on the build and price.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
It's a pos. It will warp and cause rust. These went out of favor in the 1990's. DON'T COMPROMISE!
not true. most of my family has had nothing but drop in liners in the midwest (snow, rain, sleet, etc) and use them for work trucks hauling lumber, mulch, gravel, sand, you name it. use them hard for 6-7 years and when we go to sell, never any rust under the drop ins.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not true. most of my family has had nothing but drop in liners in the midwest (snow, rain, sleet, etc) and use them for work trucks hauling lumber, mulch, gravel, sand, you name it. use them hard for 6-7 years and when we go to sell, never any rust under the drop ins.
Thats encouraging. Most have had good luck...others not so much. I suppose it depends on the fit and if the paint rubs off. The winter road treatments here in the northeast are brutal. Totally rotted my last f150 bed and frame. Had to junk it. This maverick drop in being modular and not the big tubs of the past may be ok. Also the drainage holes are a plus. We don't have a choice with the lux package...so I guess we will see.
Sponsored