Sponsored

Has anyone that ordered a hybrid with a spray-in bed liner heard...ANYTHING?

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On June 10th I ordered an XLT hybrid, cyber orange, with about 8 additional options. The only back order items at the time being the mud flaps and spray in bed liner. I THINK all other options are in stock, but still not sure about the spray in bed liner. I ordered from Upper Marlboro Ford, in Maryland. A small dealership about 30 minutes east of Washington DC.

I haven't gotten ONE update since June 10th. No VIN. No scheduling. No build date. And yes I've called my dealership and the main Ford number multiple times now. I have seen others in similar situations...but also others that ordered MONTHS after me that already had their truck built, and I'm just trying to figure out why.

Everyone, please, if you post about your truck getting shipped, mention your options. Also, if you post about your truck NOT being shipped yet after a long wait, mention your options.
Sponsored

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered June 15th and I’m scheduled for the week of Dec 13th with spray in bed liner. Today’s your day…approximately 2:40 EST.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered XLT Lux Hybrid 6-29. Got confirmation and fits emails but jack since

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
same here

Sponsored

maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely no updates from Ford, but to be fair I ordered a month after you. I'm not sure why Ford is struggling with the SIBL when I can drive to my local dealer and have it Line-X'd the same day.

Have you received a build sheet from your dealer showing that you have a Retail order and not a Stock order?

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drop the bed liner I did just that and got scheduled the very next week, i just took delivery last Monday on my hybrid

OP
OP
Mite-o-Dan

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely no updates from Ford, but to be fair I ordered a month after you. I'm not sure why Ford is struggling with the SIBL when I can drive to my local dealer and have it Line-X'd the same day.

Have you received a build sheet from your dealer showing that you have a Retail order and not a Stock order?
Yup I confirmed with my dealer and called the main Ford line twice now. No one has an answer. Just keeps telling me "should be soon." Which it never is and never will be.

Pretty sure I'm the longest going on this page and possibly the world, with waiting the longest without an update.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Maverick Hybrid with the spray in liner. It was suppose to be built the last week of December. Yesterday I heard it will be built Jan 8, 2022.

OP
OP
Mite-o-Dan

Mite-o-Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drop the bed liner I did just that and got scheduled the very next week, i just took delivery last Monday on my hybrid
For once, I'm finally considering it. I've waited over 6 months now for ANY update. Nothing. Once I heard about others with the spray in were getting scheduled, it gave me hope that I was next. But week after week after week...everyone else who ordered after me with a spray in got scheduled.

It's like, I waited this long...why not wait longer.

But now, I'm seriously worried I won't even get a 2022 at this point. That's my only reason now I'm thinking I might drop the liner.

Ford won this waiting game. I feel really defeated.

Edit- Today December 17th, I just went to Ford and got rid of a the spray in. Hopefully it works. If I don't get notified by the end of the year that my truck got scheduled, then I'm going to feel even worse.

Last edited:
Sponsored

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On June 10th I ordered an XLT hybrid, cyber orange, with about 8 additional options. The only back order items at the time being the mud flaps and spray in bed liner. I THINK all other options are in stock, but still not sure about the spray in bed liner. I ordered from Upper Marlboro Ford, in Maryland. A small dealership about 30 minutes east of Washington DC.

I haven't gotten ONE update since June 10th. No VIN. No scheduling. No build date. And yes I've called my dealership and the main Ford number multiple times now. I have seen others in similar situations...but also others that ordered MONTHS after me that already had their truck built, and I'm just trying to figure out why.

Everyone, please, if you post about your truck getting shipped, mention your options. Also, if you post about your truck NOT being shipped yet after a long wait, mention your options.
I just got an email from my dealer a few days ago that said the spray in bedliner was causing a delay and asked if I wanted to go with the drop in bedliner which I did. I asked about the tri-fold tonneau cover I ordered and he said they were causing delays a couple of months ago, but are available now.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For once, I'm finally considering it. I've waited over 6 months now for ANY update. Nothing. Once I heard about others with the spray in were getting scheduled, it gave me hope that I was next. But week after week after week...everyone else who ordered after me with a spray in got scheduled.

It's like, I waited this long...why not wait longer.

But now, I'm seriously worried I won't even get a 2022 at this point. That's my only reason now I'm thinking I might drop the liner.

Ford won this waiting game. I feel really defeated.
you only have a 3% chance nationwide to get picked

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Spray in liner is a big problem. Quick fix would be for Ford to offer to all LUX package orders the option of a credit to delete from your order. Don't see this happening though.
Another option is to switch to the Lux package with the drop-in bed line (dibl)

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another option is to switch to the Lux package with the drop-in bed line (dibl)
I will wait an additional month if necessary for a spray in liner. I would just throw the drop in out. Then have to pay again for a Line X

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't absolutely need the truck right this second, why not wait for exactly what you want? Scheduling is done for this year and it appears end of Feb or first of March will be the next possible schedule window anyway, so you dropping the liner that you obviously want isn't going to make it appear overnight anyway.
Sponsored