Sponsored

Would you Flip your Mav?

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
What is the best way to sell? Carvana and vroom offers weren’t that great and I doubt a dealership would beat them. Autotrader seems like it just filled with a bunch of scamming bots. I have two weeks to sell my EB before my hybrid comes in and it seems like this is going to be a little more challenging than expected.
Sponsored

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not my Maverick, but maybe the second one I ordered.
My Lariat that I ordered in June is expected to arrive late Feb. My wife wanted one that we ordered in July, We have since changed directions as we went ahead and purchased a Bronco Sport after seeing one and test driving. Pulled that trigger and now she loves it. Must say, it is fun to drive. So now that I have a second one on order, XLT Hybird (see signature below), I'm in a different situation. Dealer wanted to know if I was cancelling. Told them wasn't sure, will let them know once it arrives. I really don't want to go thru the hassle of trying to resale privately and I understand all the tax ramifications but if I can make it worth my wile, maybe. We'll see.
Ahh the Bronco Sport. I too ordered in July Lariat FX4 Lux 4K Area 51 and got tired of waiting so I picked up the Bronco Sport Outer banks Cactus Gray. I really like it - nimble, quick and great on gas - hit 32 MPG highway to Florida. Found an XLT FX4 Sunroof, Velocity Blue in December. Registered it on January 5th AM and wouldn't you know, I got an email form Ford with a build date of Feb 28th for the Lariat. So I too will have too many vehicles. I thinking of selling the the XLT between now and April.

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is the best way to sell? Carvana and vroom offers weren’t that great and I doubt a dealership would beat them. Autotrader seems like it just filled with a bunch of scamming bots. I have two weeks to sell my EB before my hybrid comes in and it seems like this is going to be a little more challenging than expected.
Try a For sale window sign in vehicle the wind sticker. I am going to put the window stick on mine and For sale tag and number. At least with the wind sticker, all the questions are answered by someone checking it out.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just wonder... Knowing my dealer would jump at the chance to convert my Maverick to a stock sale well over MSRP, maybe I can swindle them into giving me $2000 just to walk away?
nope. nobody is gonna pay you squat to walk away. they owe you nothing if you fail to complete the purchase contract and pay them.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
nope. nobody is gonna pay you squat to walk away. they owe you nothing if you fail to complete the purchase contract and pay them.
A long, long time ago my dealer offered me $1500 to walk away from my 1994 Camaro Z28 T-tops 6-speed factory order. I didn't, so I don't know the details of how that would have gone down nor is that even in this century. But it did happen.

Sponsored

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid over sticker but I had high hopes caravan would beat that, they offered 2500 less than I paid. So looks like I'm keeping her!

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, since i decided to pick up a BS Badlands, have a 2015 F150, and a 1994 Camaro Z28 (garage queen), I will be "constrained for space" when the Maverick finally gets built/delivered.

So when that happens it will be decision time.

2015 F150 XLT (302A) advantages: Paid for, has a lot of useful life yet (80K miles on it), can haul wood and tow my tractor. Has a great sound system (I upgraded it to have Pioneer Sub, focal speakers front & rear, sound deadening, in-line amp). I have a Undercover Tonneau on it which makes for nice, dry, lockable bed. I've gotten over 20MPG so far (including hauling things, snow tires half the year) so the mileage has been great (for the size). 3.5L Eco-boost provides more than enough power, especially for towing. Biggest vehicle if I want to travel around the country/camp.

1994 Z28: Keeping it, just because.

2021 Bronco Sport Badlands: Fun vehicle so far! MPG is better than the F150, but not enough to make a serious difference. (About 26MPG so far.) Apple Car play is nice. I will have to eventually upgrade the sound system if I decide to keep it long term (Note: It is better than the factory system that was in the F150.) Having the GOAT modes, "lockable" rear diff, skid-plates is nice. (Note: I also added real RCI skid-plates on the F150.)

2022 Hybrid Maverick Lariat: Unknown at this point, as it doesn't yet exist. Advantages will include much better mileage. Disadvantages: FWD only, can't really tow much (2K limit isn't even enough to tow my trailer w/o the tractor on it.)

I am likely to keep either the BS or the Maverick, but not both. (However a friend is already laughing at this telling me I will end up keeping all of them.) If I sold the F150, I could "get by" in terms of towing the tractor by occasionally borrowing a truck or renting one. (I typically only have to tow it a couple times a year).

It probably makes the most sense to sell the Maverick (given I already have a truck), but I really like the idea of it and getting 35-40 MPG. So who knows.
Sell the hybrid Mav full ADM value to a PP. Then order a more capable AWD for better towing and safer driving in weather. It is worth every penny. $3305 includes the eco engine, AWD, 8 speed trans, and upgraded independent rear suspension. If this is mostly a road trip vehicle, hwy mpg not much different than hybrid even with way more power.

Last edited:

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will be much easier to sell the rare hybrid for +10k or more to a PP. (Not to a reseller like Carmax because they will only pay wholesale.) Keep the eco for now and order another hybrid in the summer if you really want one.

Or keep both. Use the hybrid for city driving. Use the eco for road trips.

Eco hwy mpg is not much different than the hybrid even with way more power, more fun to drive in sport mode, safer passing, more towing with 4k, AWD better when wet or snowing and not forced to chain up.

A full size would cost about the same total so you will have 2 trucks for the price of 1. By not putting all the miles and wear and tear on one truck, your Mavs should last years longer. The gas savings compared to a full size or even a Colorado (especially with the Mav hybrid city mpg) could pay for the extra insurance cost.

If you decide to keep both, you can always sell one later probably for more than you paid as inflation goes up.

CactusMav

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick AWD 4K
Assuming you already own another working vehicle, would you flip your Mav for a profit? Scenario: I bought my MAV @ Chapman 4% under invoice. I went to the parts department at the local dealer, and while I was waiting the used manager came up and said they would give me 2k over MSRP if I sold my truck.

After doing some quick rough math.
giphy.gif
I would come out with a little over 2k profit after taxes paid.

It's not much, but I'm also on the fence about ordering a Hybrid, instead of sticking with my Ecoboost.

Thoughts?
Mayyyybe. The more I drive it the more I love it even though I was in the market for a new midsize truck. I would still consider trading for a new crew cab 4x4 ranger as a homeowner however :) but I really do love my maverick

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a new Kia Sorento in 2018 (it was a 2018 model) for about $24500 (LX FWD 4 cylinder, so not a popular model at the time, MSRP was about $31k). I owned it for about 3 1/2 years and only put 30500 miles on it. It was in excellent condition and was a very easy and enjoyable vehicle to own.

I sold it to Carvana in November for $25,300...$800 more than I paid for it new. I didn't really want or need to sell it, but getting more than I paid new for a almost 4 year old new car was a deal I couldn't pass up.

I just ordered a Maverick to replace it and my wife and I are going to make due with one car until my order arrives. I won't "flip" a vehicle I special ordered and waited on, but if I drive it for a few months and decide I don't like it, I will absolutely sell it for a profit if the car market is still on it's head.

Sponsored

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is almost too niche to replace. I'd flip my Mach-E instead since it's less of a necessity and demand is still through the roof.

MT MAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit VW Jetta Tdi Wagon
Sell the hybrid Mav full ADM value to a PP. Then order a more capable AWD for better towing and safer driving in weather. It is worth every penny. $3305 includes the eco engine, AWD, 8 speed trans, and upgraded independent rear suspension. If this is mostly a road trip vehicle, hwy mpg not much different than hybrid even with way more power.
Hwy MPG not much different than Hybrid? I've been seeing 40 MPG posted by some owners of Hybrid and fuelly has Eco at 24 MPG
Sorry, you stated HWY MPG which you're right isn't much different

Last edited:

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Initially - I said no, no way at all. I have a Bronco (BaseSquatch) and a MavBrid on order. Reason and rationale were prevailing up until last week when I got the window sticker and official build date for my BaseSquatch (1/24).

Trending towards me buying the Bronco since the Maverick is nowhere in sight.

Still plan to purchase the Maverick as well.

Can't keep both. One will have to go.

Gryphandor

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Versa
I am already waiting 8 months. I don't even think 5k over MSRP would motivate me to sell it. This will be my first ordered new vehicle. Now 10k on the other hand...

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are they offering?
Sponsored