14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a trade I do get it. It'll just be a wholesale piece for the dealer. I was just pointing out the crashing used car prices. I've been periodically checking my car's value at CarMax as I've been waiting for the Maverick. I'd love to sell my Cruze privately. I could probably get $5k for it. But then I'd be waiting for the angry phone call that I sold a defective car. Not worth the bother.
I wouldnā€™t be too afraid to sell it privately. Disclose everything wrong with it and have the buyer sign an ā€œAs Isā€ agreement at the sale/title transfer. Donā€™t show it at your house, go to a police station or somewhere safe in public too if you can.

Iā€™ve sold tons of cheap sub $5k vehicles in Philly, some not running and some needing considerable work and never once had a call back for any of them in 20 plus years too. I detailed out everything good and bad for those vehicles in the ad, disclosed everything in person and they knew what they were getting so everyone walked away happy.
Sponsored

gschmoel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry Hyjbrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2007 Camry Hybrid with 115,000 miles. Things are starting to happen. The video screen went out. The tire sensors have been out for 50K. I am scheduled for 10/17 build so I am hopeful that it will come before I have to renew license in April. The Camry Hybrid has been great. When I bought it the Ford Escape was available with Hybrid licensed from Toyota.

mmarkster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Versa Note SL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2014 Nissan Versa Note SL with a CVT at 155,000 miles. Bought it new in 2013. Been taking good care of it and hope it makes it.

TonyTee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tonytrafficlight.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid, 2023 iRacing F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2018 EcoSport here. It's been driven 43k miles so it'll tide me over until my '23 Maverick gets here.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Used to see them sitting all over around here. Last few years they've all disappeared. Been keeping my eyes open for one but all I've seen for sale is a clapped out rust bucket for $6500. I'll stumble on to one someday.
The one in my shop was a little rusty, but just surface stuff. The interior was shot, but I got new carpet and a complete nice interior in my tan one that has unibody rot. It had special connecting rod ventilation holes in each side of the block, and the irreplaceable oil pan was full of holes. I welded it up nice though and slapped it on my old CJ7 motor that was "built" this century. Found the car on craigslist in Tucson for $600, which with shipping was cheap enough to boat over here. So I got $2400 in a shell. But the unibody is solid and that counts big on Eagles. Gonna be a cool car when Im done. If I decide to go wild I have a Comanche I also got for $600(on island) with a 7" lifted long arm kit. It would put my Tremor to shame with 15" inches or so of clearance at the belly! Really though its IFS handles very nicely. A small lift, wide tires and wheels, MT, and +300hp would just be sooo sweet.

Sponsored

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2002 Explorer XLS has about 200k miles on it, rusted like crazy, and has half the warning lights on the dash lit up. Really hoping it makes it, but if not, I guess I'd buy another $1800 Explorer to tide me over šŸ˜†

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldnā€™t be too afraid to sell it privately. Disclose everything wrong with it and have the buyer sign an ā€œAs Isā€ agreement at the sale/title transfer. Donā€™t show it at your house, go to a police station or somewhere safe in public too if you can.

Iā€™ve sold tons of cheap sub $5k vehicles in Philly, some not running and some needing considerable work and never once had a call back for any of them in 20 plus years too. I detailed out everything good and bad for those vehicles in the ad, disclosed everything in person and they knew what they were getting so everyone walked away happy.
Yup. I had a roommate who was looking for a used car. Found a Mazda3 private sale. Looked mint inside and out and the sellers had a giant stack of repair receipts. Everything looked great. He bought it and registered it. But after driving it for a few days he noticed an odd issue with the transmission. He combed through those repair receipts, called the mechanics, found one instance where the mechanics mentioned the transmission, and then went back to the sellers and forced them to buy the car back from him. Big mess. I'm not going through any of that.

I already know my Cruze doesn't run properly. It never has. No idea what's really wrong with it. I've just tolerated it for the last several years.

Gray Optician 47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10, 2023 XLT Hybrid Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since an impaired driver totaled my 2019 Hoda Civic Coupe I am currently driving a 2000 Chevy S10, 145,000 miles. I have had it for 10 years and have reworked mechanical parts, plus have redone the inside, including upgrading the sound system. Already sold when my Maverick gets here.

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No issue with my car, and the car can probably get another 100k miles out of it at least, but I want the bed.

atlasbluedude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Buick LeSabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2001 Buick LeSabre (Dave Car;)). I switched jobs and no longer got a work truck. I've had work trucks ordered but never ordered one myself. Much more exciting/terrifying!!!

Sponsored

Drkuhar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 cutlass, 2011 silverado,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had promised our 2007 pontiac vibe to my daughter when she turn 16 this November not realizing how long the wait was going to be. Me and the wife will be carpooling and down to one vehicle(full size silverado) till the maverick comes in.

ThePaddyWan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We had just one car in the garage for a long time. The car we had was a 2-door coupe, which was pretty impractical for many things. So we were looking for practicality for car #2.

When I ordered the Maverick, it was with me only working from home (wife commuting) and with part of the house under renovation, I had no reason to go anywhere. Our sales rep originally guessed it would be 6 months or so for delivery (~Feb. 2022). By the time Feb hit the truck wasn't even scheduled. So put an order in for the Polestar 2 and that arrived in May.

We still very much want the Maverick for it's utility and can survive until then barring major changes.

mightymuskrat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Grey XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really don't know - my car is a 2011 Subaru Forester Manual with 290k kms (180k miles). I have an odd misfire and a stalling issue that I and my shop can't seem to diagnose, and I have a bearing gone in the transmission, or perhaps the viscous coupler.

Between biking to work and sharing a few rides, I need it to make 100 trips this year, or about 1300 kms. Crossing my fingers!

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2012 Hyundai Sonata with around 51k miles. It's been reliable. Didn't drive it that much in the past 10 years or so I've had it, but I do want a change in vehicle as I'm tired of it and have a different use case now, but I can be patient for my MY2023 Maverick hopefully coming sometime next year.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No issues with either of my vehicles other than just needing some maintenance, both either sitting close to or just over 200,000 miles, not trading in either one and no worries
Sponsored