First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been reading threads on this website for quite a while and I noticed a lot of both about having a trickle charger another type of chargers for the hybrid is there something wrong with them. I've never heard anybody else with a hybrid have to do that. Is it just a Maverick problem?
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not an issue for MOST Hybrids...I guess if someone leaves either Maverick in a garage for 3, 4 months they might hook up a trickle charger to keep the 12v battery charged. It does appear batteries have issues. Two motorcycles I've purchased in the last 5 years had batteries go bad, one in a few weeks and another in 6 months.

Last edited:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been reading threads on this website for quite a while and I noticed a lot of both about having a trickle charger another type of chargers for the hybrid is there something wrong with them. I've never heard anybody else with a hybrid have to do that. Is it just a Maverick problem?
Search the terms: deep sleep, dead battery, won't start, etc. That will give you some history/insight

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far after almost 2 years mine still starts and I only have 3500 miles on it. That tells you how little I drive it (I work from home and we usually use my wife's Bronco Sport) . With that said 90% of the time mine is in deep sleep and no interior lights work but it still starts. This happens more in the winter time.

Last edited:

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
more of a BMS problem than engine type though it seems hybrid owners have more complaints.
no I didn't say hybrid owners complain more ;)

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1- There have been a small number of Hybrids that have some sort of weird power issue- they go into "deep sleep" mode or even fail to start. Something is draining the 12v battery and/or the battery isn't getting charged.

Fixes have included better batteries (first batches may have been duds), replace the charging cable from the generator under the hood to the 12v battery, and others.

2- If you tow the Hybrid behind a motorhome, you have to put it into a neutral tow mode. The owner manual says turn the truck on every few hours and let the engine run. If it's in the tow mode presumably it's using a little bit of battery.

ALSO some people wire the truck brakes to trigger the Maverick tail lights (Brake and turn signal) when the RV lights go on. That would use some battery in some cases, in others, they wire the RV light signals directly to the Mav lights.

If the battery died and the truck came out of neutral during towing it could cause serious damage to the transmission/ motors. So to be safe, the RVers hook up a trickle charge to keep that 12v battery charged up.
--- ---

3- Knock on wood our Hybrid hasn't had a single issue with this over the year we've owned it.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't know. Never used either on my Maverick.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because the stock battery is/was weak/low quality.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Search the terms: deep sleep, dead battery, won't start, etc. That will give you some history/insight
And after you do these searches, keep in mind that There Is No Alternative to the Maverick Hybrid. Anywhere. By any other manufacturer in the whole wide world. This distresses those other manufacturers, some of whom promised that every car they made in 6 years would be an EV. Maybe those Goofy Muthas have to post disinformation, and regularly start new phony threads, about the Hybrid Maverick to justify their phony baloney jobs.

Maybe.

I have two Maverick Hybrids and have never experienced deep sleep, dead battery, won't start, or any other malfunction. Just oil changes.

There are totally cool trucks. The internet is a sewer.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far after almost 2 years mine still starts and I only have 3500 miles on it. That tells you how little I drive it (I work from home and . With that said 90% of the time mine is in deep sleep and no interior lights work but it still starts. This happens more in the winter time.
I notice my interior lights along with the gauge cluster does not light up either. As soon as I put the key in the ignition the dash lights up. Then I turn the key and get the ready to drive info along with seat belt connected check list. I had mine since Oct. 15 2023 and only have 2350 miles on it. I once got a message on Ford pass app that read drive vehicle to ensure battery charge. Has anyone else gotten that message? Only thing I noticed after that message is my Moto G7 phone is not showing up on my info display center display. Just reads connect phone. Worked fine before.

Sponsored

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And after you do these searches, keep in mind that There Is No Alternative to the Maverick Hybrid. Anywhere. By any other manufacturer in the whole wide world. This distresses those other manufacturers, some of whom promised that every car they made in 6 years would be an EV. Maybe those Goofy Muthas have to post disinformation, and regularly start new phony threads, about the Hybrid Maverick to justify their phony baloney jobs.

Maybe.

I have two Maverick Hybrids and have never experienced deep sleep, dead battery, won't start, or any other malfunction. Just oil changes.

There are totally cool trucks. The internet is a sewer.
I had a 2019 Kia Niro hybrid and it only had a little over 12,000 miles when I sold it as soon as I learned of the Hybrid Maverick. I never drove it in the winter if there was snow or crap on the roads. It sat for at least 2-3 months without me starting it. Never no issues. I would say all hybrids are basically the same. They are cars instead of a small truck so they are the same except for the body or platform that it is based on.

We Are

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat EB FX4 & 2022 Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have a 2022 Escape Hybrid and it goes into deep sleep if you don’t drive it for 3-4 days.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Basically I see three options:

Do nothing. Take your chances. 90%+ chance you will be fine. If 12v battery fails in the first 3 years / 36,000 miles Ford will give you a new one.

Use a trickle charger to GUARANTEE the 12v battery lasts a minimum of 3 years. Work for you at home, but no headache of going to a dealer for warranty claim. You'd be doing Ford a favor.

You can replace your 12v battery with something of higher quality from a different maker. A little more cost maybe, but you'd be doing yourself and Ford a favor.

🤷🏻‍♂️

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't forget, almost 80% of Maverick customer orders are also for the Hybrid model.
Orders are not deliveries as you might have forgotten that in 2022 was less than 40%. they are all in the mix when reporting problems.
Sponsored