First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll make a plug for fuelly.com to track our fuel mileage once we get our hybrids. I've used it over the years for my Ridgeline and my Camry but not so much with my Highlander because it has an MPG tracker and when I've manually compared the data the computer has been about right on it.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Does anybody understand that anything can get those mpg figures over 25 miles. Oh wait a GM full size crew cab 4wd 3.0 diesel non hybrid did way better. If you are really expecting 40+mpg calculated at the pump over a tank of fuel you are in for a shock.

Screenshot_20211002-110250.png
I understand why people think like you on this, but your reasoning is outdated.
Manufacturers used to give an estimate and it was like > Sure ! On a downhill, with a 40 mph tailwind, and burning super unleaded, with octane boost !
But then their were some major lawsuits, and Ford lost millions for BS'ing about mileage with the C-max. Hyundai got slapped pretty hard too
And guess what ? Now, when a manufacturer says X mpg's, it pretty much means "X mpg's with normal real world driving, maybe even just a touch more.
Case in point, my 2019 Prius was rated at 48 freeway, 52 city. I drive it HARD to make money with it. And I've still averaged 52.2 mpg's combined, for the entire 58k miles I've owned it. I know guys on the Prius forum who practice hyper miling techniques and are getting over 70 mpg in the same car ! Crazy right ? I just don't have time for that 😉

40+ in the Maverick is great, but it hardly surprises me.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want to see how much style and technique matters, read up on the 'Mobilgas Economy Run' of last century. Or read up on the mpg recorded by solar-assisted vehicles.
Likely the EPA numbers will be realistic for those who pay just a slight attention to how they drive, how they brake, and the environment.
Always interesting. Just like 'what oil?' questions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My build date is 10-17 so hoping for a
11-6 birthday present. I can’t wait to hear the hybrid mpg figure. I’m guessing 41 or 42 city.
Mine is on the line as of 10 4. 11 18 delivery date

ojustracing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo. GM, Honda.
I understand why people think like you on this, but your reasoning is outdated.
Manufacturers used to give an estimate and it was like > Sure ! On a downhill, with a 40 mph tailwind, and burning super unleaded, with octane boost !
But then their were some major lawsuits, and Ford lost millions for BS'ing about mileage with the C-max. Hyundai got slapped pretty hard too
And guess what ? Now, when a manufacturer says X mpg's, it pretty much means "X mpg's with normal real world driving, maybe even just a touch more.
Case in point, my 2019 Prius was rated at 48 freeway, 52 city. I drive it HARD to make money with it. And I've still averaged 52.2 mpg's combined, for the entire 58k miles I've owned it. I know guys on the Prius forum who practice hyper miling techniques and are getting over 70 mpg in the same car ! Crazy right ? I just don't have time for that 😉

40+ in the Maverick is great, but it hardly surprises me.
I understand it fully. Problem is when somebody goes in an posts 25/50mpg instant figures most people ASSume they will get that for a tank of fuel. But when you caluclate the tank out it gets rated or less. You want to drum up popularity for something? play a numbers game that most don't understand!!! 55 MPG @ 25 MILE, 45mpg@50 and a regen on avg 246 miles. 400@ see below. calculated 36.7 mpg.

Ford Maverick 43.6 MPG Hybrid Maverick fuel mileage snapshot by Alex on Autos Screenshot_20200916-164329

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I understand it fully. Problem is when somebody goes in an posts 25/50mpg instant figures most people ASSume they will get that for a tank of fuel. But when you caluclate the tank out it gets rated or less. You want to drum up popularity for something? play a numbers game that most don't understand!!! 55 MPG @ 25 MILE, 45mpg@50 and a regen on avg 246 miles. 400@ see below. calculated 36.7 mpg.

Screenshot_20200916-164329.png
With the example I gave for my Prius, I'm citing an example that I think everyone can easily understand. As I say, my Prius had a window sticker that stated, 52 city, 48 highway, 50 combined. For the entire 60K miles I've driven it, it has averaged 52.2 mpg's. I can take a photo of that and post it, if anyone doubts me. Keeping in mind, I don't baby it for better mileage. If I did, I think I could improve my mileage to at the the high 50's... maybe even 60 mpg's.
I'm feeling like the Maverick, because its a hybrid, and Ford will be wanting to show off the mileage it gets, will have a similar onboard readout of the mpg per trip, per tank, per the lifetime of the vehicle, and even customizable.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same statement today from Maverick Team rep.. She said "It's going to be great to have a truck getting 50mpg". I was asking about order status. I repeated her statement and she said yes, expecting 50mpg just waiting on official epa..
That would be great if true! Seems possible as I don't think Ford would be telling people that if it wasn't true.
Sponsored