First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see almost daily YouTube postings often about the Maverick by "Johny" from Johnny's Car Care. He does not seem to be with a Ford dealership and looks to be based in Canada. Is he legit? What gives him an inside track to production information and what are his credentials?
Sponsored

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He has a lot of info but I can't handle the typical "YouTube-style" voice inflection where the creator is compelled to add pauses between the last few words... of... each... few... sentences. All that's needed is a heavy dose of "that being said"s to make for a perfectly horrible YouTube viewing experience. :)

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He has a lot of info but I can't handle the typical "YouTube-style" voice inflection where the creator is compelled to add pauses between the last few words... of... each... few... sentences. All that's needed is a heavy dose of "that being said"s to make for a perfectly horrible YouTube viewing experience. :)
The Doug Demuro syndrome

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had an old boss who insisted on saying “Going forward” and “ xyz dropped the ball”. I am a huge sports fan and even I hated the phrases. He couldn’t go two minutes without saying them.

Sponsored

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had an old boss who insisted on saying “Going forward” and “ xyz dropped the ball”. I am a huge sports fan and even I hated the phrases. He couldn’t go two minutes without saying them.
Those are irritating "as well." :LOL:

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saying "right?" at the end of every third sentence has to be the most annoying verbal crutch to infect the english lanquage.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He promises "pedal to the metal" and then lots of delays and going sideways before getting to the point.

I usually exit the video within a few minutes, I tire of waiting for him to get to it. Unfortunately, the desire to maintain engagement for monetization purpose is far too evident with some YouTubers.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I read he’s a dealer. He had one of the first test drive videos, which was from a dealer event.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I feel like all this guy does is follow up FordVideoGuy's videos echoing the same exact information.

Sponsored

Jmsilver25

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Maverick XLT AWD ordered
Instead of bashing and nitpicking every little thing Johnny does.. just don't watch his videos if he bothers you that much.
I get the impression he may be in the ford community just cannot outright tell us his job for whatever reason..
He is extremely helpful and gives as much information as possible. Every youtube account fills videos with 80% unnecessary content. He does not have to post the videos he does, but chooses too because he has a community that enjoy his interactions.

Watch his videos if you want to engage with the Maverick community and learn a few tidbits as well.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A good performer should accept and consider critique. It doesn't mean the critiquer is always right, as it often comes down to personal preference. I only wanted to know Johny's credentials and if he knows of what he speaks. As for his style, my opinion is that he takes way too long to say what needs to be said. I can't say I've ever watched his posts until the end.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I see almost daily YouTube postings often about the Maverick by "Johny" from Johnny's Car Care. He does not seem to be with a Ford dealership and looks to be based in Canada. Is he legit? What gives him an inside track to production information and what are his credentials?
He's a salesmen at a Ford dealer in Quebec, cannot recall what dealer.

Saying "right?" at the end of every third sentence has to be the most annoying verbal crutch to infect the english lanquage.
As for his speech, English is clearly his second language, you can hear the French Canadian accent when he talks.
Sponsored