jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exactly! It costs almost the same to build a Maverick EB as the Hybrid, which has nearly 2X the impact on CAFE.
Source on cost to Ford to manufacture (not sell) the two powertrains being "almost the same"?

What about opportunity cost on investments to increase capacity?

It just amazes me how many people on this forum are salivating over the Maverick hybrid, yet seem to truly believe in this malevolent corporate scheme to deprive them of it, and go to extreme lengths to rationalize their feelings. In
Wait, what does this even mean?

This was your takeaway from well-reasoned facts...?
Sponsored

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As many have said, Ford knows what they are doing and how many hybrid Mavericks they need to sell to meet the requirements. They have no intention of producing more of a marginally profitable hybrid Maverick than they need regardless of customer demand. They know that a percentage of those that don't get their ordered Maverick in a decent timeframe will purchase another, more profitable Ford product. It's a good business model for Ford but not for the customer.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Source on cost to Ford to manufacture (not sell) the two powertrains being "almost the same"?
Since Ford doesn't publish that data, I'm surmising it (subject to error, of course) from the fact that they initially were selling the hybrid for LESS than the Ecoboost, and are now selling them at the same price.

What about opportunity cost on investments to increase capacity?
Applies either way. I don't see your point here.

Wait, what does this even mean?

This was your takeaway from well-reasoned facts...?
That statement wasn't directed at you - I rather enjoy your reasoned arguments, even if I do not agree with your conclusions. Two people, looking at the same set of facts, can come to different conclusions about the reasoning behind the decisions made.

It was more of an observation about the general tone of so many posts on MTC, where people seem to feel (a subjective analysis on my part, admittedly) that "big bad Ford" is out to get them personally because they built a Maverick for someone who ordered after they did and it's just not fair...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.