2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Special edition
I just received mine yesterday. Did you actually have to remove the driver side wheel to install?
Thanks for your assistance.
Yes indeed you have to remove the wheel and the fender felt. I never edited my video about it but I probably will eventually. The instructions didn't include a few extra screws and clips I had to remove.

With the wheel off and felt pulled back just enough you can see the speaker and connector in this hole indicated here. It's very tight quarters, but it is possible to then squeeze your hand through the area indicated and reach the connector harness.

Ford Maverick Whirring noise from Electric Motor 1655468967703

Ford Maverick Whirring noise from Electric Motor 1655469142712
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes indeed you have to remove the wheel and the fender felt. I never edited my video about it but I probably will eventually. The instructions didn't include a few extra screws and clips I had to remove.

With the wheel off and felt pulled back just enough you can see the speaker and connector in this hole indicated here. It's very tight quarters, but it is possible to then squeeze your hand through the area indicated and reach the connector harness.

1655468967703.png

1655469142712.png
Thanks! The speaker is definitely tucked away. My project for today.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! The speaker is definitely tucked away. My project for today.
Since it's not obvious, here's a 3D view of the female connector at the end of the wiring harness, you have to depress this clip here downward, where the arrow is, and then you can pull this female connector off the speaker. It can be done with one hand but be prepared to curse because it's a really really weird angle for your hand. I didn't have a tool long enough/at a good angle to depress the clip from the 'view port' hole.

Ford Maverick Whirring noise from Electric Motor 1655471612558

Last edited:

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since it's not obvious, here's a 3D view of the female connector at the end of the wiring harness, you have to depress this clip here downward, where the arrow is, and then you can pull the connector off the speaker. It can be done with one hand but be prepared to curse because it's a really really weird angle for your hand. I didn't have a tool long enough/at a good angle to depress the clip from the 'view port' hole.

1655471612558.png
Hot and humid now, looks like a early morning project tomorrow.
On behalf of me and my neighbors, thank you!

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@clavicus you are the man!

I spent over an hour trying to disconnect the speaker and was unsuccessful. However, I did learn a few words like M***** F****** piece of S***. Did you fail to mention that you're a contortionist ?
It appears the speaker is held in with one bolt, looks tempting.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@clavicus you are the man!

I spent over an hour trying to disconnect the speaker and was unsuccessful. However, I did learn a few words like M***** F****** piece of S***. Did you fail to mention that you're a contortionist ?
It appears the speaker is held in with one bolt, looks tempting.
I almost took off the whole fin bumper the first time I tried. My hands are medium size not small not large so it may be impossible with large hands. It is not a fun effort lol. Finally got it after a long time trying. I don’t have any more tricks or advice unfortunately but honestly i wonder if taking off the bumper isthe next step for ya. However i am completely unsure if that gives you a definite easy access or not i dont know what it’s like without the bumper

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I almost took off the whole fin bumper the first time I tried. My hands are medium size not small not large so it may be impossible with large hands. It is not a fun effort lol. Finally got it after a long time trying. I don’t have any more tricks or advice unfortunately but honestly i wonder if taking off the bumper isthe next step for ya. However i am completely unsure if that gives you a definite easy access or not i dont know what it’s like without the bumper
I now know the enemy. I will give it some thought and try again. Wondering if removing the PCM will help.

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My mechanic hooked it up and I installed a disabler on that stupid annoying noise while he was doing the oil change

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My mechanic hooked it up and I installed a disabler on that stupid annoying noise while he was doing the oil change
I tried accessing the speaker thru the fender well. Maybe accessing that way will work.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How did you get to the speaker?
You have to remove a tire and dig. I just gave it to my mechanic to do while I got my oil change and didn't bother. Instructions come with it though and looks difficult but not prohibitively so

OP
OP

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm gonna live with it. The NTSA report was enough for me.
Sponsored