Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a Ford-branded Gator SFX soft tri-fold that came on my First Edition. When I traded that truck in, I made sure to keep it for my current Mav. :cool:

It flaps. It has been about 99% waterproof. I can think of only 2 occasions in torrential rain that it leaked at all. But, if I bought again, I wouldn't buy this one.

Why? Because the first answer to your thread was spot-on: what you want/need matters a whole lot as to what's best.

I can't fit a MTB on my tailgate without removing my soft tri-fold, so I seriously remove and reinstall it probably 15-20 times a year. Not fun, but nowhere near daily, either.

I want a hard tri-fold for security and the ability to put stuff on top of it. And while some of them fold flat against the rear window so you can use the whole bed, I don't want to do that, I want to see my MTB or whatever I'm hauling in the bed. So instead, I would choose a WeatherTech Alloy Cover which folds and then pulls out. I would then put it either in the bed next to my bikes, or just leave it at home.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does it lock ?
No there is not a lock on the cover, only the clamps hold it down. The tail gate locks and you cannot get into the back without prying up the hard cover (breaking the clamps). So, I would consider it somewhat secure, but I would not leave anything super valuable back there.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did your cover come with the shock or did you purchase it separately? Also, what does it connect to for support in the bed?
It has rails on both sides that attach to bed and tonneau attaches to . those are not shocks but are support rods on each side that you use to keep the 3 sections up if using the whole bed . they keep sections from hitting / leaning on cab . they came with tonneau . they unclip and reconnect to keep sections up . if two sections open it also has straps which clips into holders to keep them in place as shown in picture .

Ford Maverick Which bed tonneau cover is best?? 20230603_170959

Sponsored

MavGirl!

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the hard tri-fold. Love it and no leaks.
IMG_0585.jpeg
Brand? or a link, please? I like this one, as it appears to sit flush with the sides of the truck bed. Thanks for any info you can offer to help in my search.

MLJ8787

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marco and Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It has rails on both sides that attach to bed and tonneau attaches to . those are not shocks but are support rods on each side that you use to keep the 3 sections up if using the whole bed . they keep sections from hitting / leaning on cab . they came with tonneau . they unclip and reconnect to keep sections up . if two sections open it also has straps which clips into holders to keep them in place as shown in picture .

20230603_170959.jpg
Thank you. I am familiar with the side rails, clips and straps. Ours did not come with support bars and I was thinking they might be shocks to help lower the portion that is folded up.

MavMan53

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Brand? or a link, please? I like this one, as it appears to sit flush with the sides of the truck bed. Thanks for any info you can offer to help in my search.
I don’t have a link. When I ordered my Maverick I ordered the factory tri-fold in the build.

Jwaz68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Tremor AWD, 2020 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got mine from @Realtruck. Under $500 with the Maverick Truck Club discount.

Ford Maverick Which bed tonneau cover is best?? 1

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you. I am familiar with the side rails, clips and straps. Ours did not come with support bars and I was thinking they might be shocks to help lower the portion that is folded up.
Yea . tonneau is undercover armor . came with support rods . it was $900 about 2 years ago at realtruck with mtc discount . very secure and useful for me . wife finds it heavy to open but gravity takes care of closing . I just leave them slam done on own . doesn't seem to damage it imo . time will tell .

Ford Maverick Which bed tonneau cover is best?? 20240521_100529

Sponsored

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Yea . tonneau is undercover armor . came with support rods . it was $900 about 2 years ago at realtruck with mtc discount . very secure and useful for me . wife finds it heavy to open but gravity takes care of closing . I just leave them slam done on own . doesn't seem to damage it imo . time will tell .

20240521_100529.jpg
Great pic! The slam latches are meant to hold up to the weight of the tonneau cover, so no worries there!

Rcrew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Odd man out here. I’m going with the Leer HF650M 4fold hard cover.

However, it’s still in the box waiting for my Maverick to be delivered.

Jwaz68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Tremor AWD, 2020 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How weather tight is it!? I’m on the fence regarding a tonneau or a cap…
1 have had it about 7 months and I get barely any water leakage. Here in FL we haven't had a lot of rain yet, though.
Sponsored