Sponsored

Hard Tri-Fold Vs Hard Roll-up Tonneau Bed Cover - which is better?

Heydaddy91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which one is better and which ine is more durable? What would you choose or what did you choose? Why?
Sponsored

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a roll up some years ago. Always sagged a little but I hear they have improved that a lot. Currently have a hard trifold on my truck that looks new after 3 year with no sags. The trifold sits above the bedsides and some folks dont like that but I like having the maximum depth of the bed available for stuff. The tri fold can be removed in under a minute for full bed access but I rarely have removed. So, I’m getting a tri fold for my maverick. Greetings from Arkansas and good luck

Greg Berger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
My thought was that the role up would be better since the bed is already small. Seems to me the role up would give you moor room. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

oh thanks for shutting down my thread. You're very kind.
I think you forgot to add "and making me spend about 11 seconds searching....."

The purpose of my post was to inform you a simple search would result in more info than you would get from this single thread. So, I was helping you.

You are a sweetheart.

OP
OP

Heydaddy91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you forgot to add "and making me spend about 11 seconds searching....."

The purpose of my post was to inform you a simple search would result in more info than you would get from this single thread. So, I was helping you.

You are a sweetheart.
Well.. you can just ignore my post and scroll past through, and let others gather more feedback....But your time... You energy. Suit yourself...😜
Oh, I know.
You're welcome

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had a roll up some years ago. Always sagged a little but I hear they have improved that a lot. Currently have a hard trifold on my truck that looks new after 3 year with no sags. The trifold sits above the bedsides and some folks dont like that but I like having the maximum depth of the bed available for stuff. The tri fold can be removed in under a minute for full bed access but I rarely have removed. So, I’m getting a tri fold for my maverick. Greetings from Arkansas and good luck
Make and model please. 👍🏼

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T
This is going to be my first truck, I decided to order it with the hard rollup cover. I wanted something stronger & more resilient than the soft rollup, but I didn't like how the hard folding cover blocked the entire rear window when opened to the maximum. The pictures I found of the hard rollup, on the Ford Accessories site, appear to leave the upper half of the rear window open for improved visibility while providing the same, or darned nearly the same, open area in the bed.

My two cents,
pat----

Sponsored

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
Do you have any concern with the back edges (those closest to the cabin) flipping up or at least raising up at highway speeds? Looks to be a bit of a gap on their website.

MarcoG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max Energi PHEV, Maverick Lariat Hybrid DEC2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plenty of threads addressing this. Just search. Good luck.
Just so you don't feel left out...roll ups are crap IMO. NO protection, no weight hold, eventually look like S@#t. Trifold so much more convenient and safer/better looking, but more $$.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You lose 1/3 of your bed space vertically with a tri fold. I've always had roll ups and never had a problem. However, I always bought ones recommended by friends or review sites. Current one is from Realtruck. Good quality.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You lose 1/3 of your bed space vertically with a tri fold. I've always had roll ups and never had a problem. However, I always bought ones recommended by friends or review sites. Current one is from Realtruck. Good quality.
You mean the vertical space when you fold it up? Checking to make sure I understand.
Sponsored