Sponsored

Hard Tri-Fold Vs Hard Roll-up Tonneau Bed Cover - which is better?

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My thought was that the role up would be better since the bed is already small. Seems to me the role up would give you moor room. Just my opinion.
You aren't supposed to travel with passengers in the bed.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The space not covered by the folded up cover.
I must not understand what scenario and type of space you are describing. Are you talking about when the cover is fully covering the bed or when it's folded up?

I assumed when folded up it covered 1/3 of the bed. Is it actually more than that?

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must not understand what scenario and type of space you are describing. Are you talking about when the cover is fully covering the bed or when it's folded up?

I assumed when folded up it covered 1/3 of the bed. Is it actually more than that?
Seriously?

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seriously?
yeah. what you are saying doesn't make sense so I'm asking. are you saying the cover extends down 1/3 of the way into the total bed height? that's the only option I've got left here but that sounded like kind of a lot.

Sponsored

SKurj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 mx-5, 23 XL eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i got the ford roll up on mine, it's pretty solid certainly not weak, the cross pieces are aluminum and it would support some weight i am sure, but i don't think any of the tonneau's are designed to carry anything on top.

I didn't like how the fold up blocks the window either, but to be fair the rollup doesn;t rollup all that small. Well at least this time of year (i've had the truck just a few weeks). wasn't long ago the rollup was more expensive than the trifold, that seems to have changed now too.

MarcoG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max Energi PHEV, Maverick Lariat Hybrid DEC2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You lose 1/3 of your bed space vertically with a tri fold. I've always had roll ups and never had a problem. However, I always bought ones recommended by friends or review sites. Current one is from Realtruck. Good quality.
I think that third is a bit off. From what l measure, it's a foot and that deprlends what it is. If we r talking about an upright bike, yes; lay it down and it's zip.

MarcoG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max Energi PHEV, Maverick Lariat Hybrid DEC2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that third is a bit off. From what l measure, it's a foot and that deprlends what it is. If we r talking about an upright bike, yes; lay it down and it's zip.
DEPENDS, LOL.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeh, I was talking about the tri fold type where the folded tonneau stays on the bed. Haven't seen that many that fold up against the rear window. What tonneau are you referring to that only leaves a foot covered?
Sponsored