Sponsored

4BoysMom

First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 F250, 1973 Camaro, 2022 Maverick, 2022 Mini
Ordered my hybrid lux Lariet from Covington Ford on 6/11. 7 months later I have a VIN, window sticker and build this coming week. They’re accepting X-plan pricing which is a bit under MSRP and will help on the typically high Georgia dealers doc fees. Long wait, but I’m going to enjoy this truck.
I have my VIN # & scheduled to go into production next week but when do I get the window sticker? Should I have it already or ask for it?

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have my VIN # & scheduled to go into production next week but when do I get the window sticker? Should I have it already or ask for it?
The sticker will become available online in PDF format soon after the truck is scheduled. I think confirmation comes in an email. It was a while after the VIN was assigned.

4BoysMom

First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 F250, 1973 Camaro, 2022 Maverick, 2022 Mini
The sticker will become available online in PDF format soon after the truck is scheduled. I think confirmation comes in an email. It was a while after the VIN was assigned.
I havent been getting any email confirmations from Ford or really my dealer. Its only when I reach out that they confirm things for me. THe dealer manager just confirmed for me last week that it went into production early...January 11.

Sponsored

Toots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500
Just ordered mine last week from Ed Hardy Ford in Dallas and it was great. It isn’t necessarily local to me but after shopping around with all of my local dealers, most wouldn’t accept x plan, charged some sort of markup, and weren’t willing to agree on a final price when I ordered. Hardy gave me a signed buyers order with x plan pricing and aren’t going to be adding any useless fees or markups like a lot of other places. Also incredibly easy to work with. Highly recommend them

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From MLowe05, a GA resident who bought from Chapman Ford in PA:

My build with Ed @ Chapman 4% under invoice:

Cyber Orange Lariat Lux Hybrid - MSRP $31,360
My OTD price after 4% under invoice = $31,918 (this includes all GA taxes and all fees).

Local dealer - $31,360 + $699 dealer fee + $130 license + $2,080 tax = $34,139 OTD

So I am saving $2,351 by going with Chapman.
Same experience - I, in person, went to 3 Ford Dealers in metro Atlanta in June with my printed Build Sheet in hand and not one of them would place my order but were continuing to try to pressure me to change my order to a Ranger or F150...non stop emails convinced me to place my order out of state. It wasn't for the price but saved $2,990 off MSRP with no unreasonable fees...but after dealer fees, saved $4,200 off what one dealer quoted me a few weeks ago. The dealer in Sandy Springs had a basic XL for $31,000 last week and charged $999 for SIBL and $700 for tinted rear windows that I got for $490 & $190.

Most dealers do not understand some customers know what they want...and don't want to hassle with them trying to change them. Last 5 vehicles I have purchased were done over the internet....so much easier.

Last edited:

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered Hybrid (details in signature below) July 30th on internet with Chapman, Pennsylvania, went into production Nov 8, changed to Nov 16, then changed again to Nov 30...delays were due to parts availability. Build finally started Dec 5th, completed Dec 22, shipped Dec 28th, rail shipping delivery is supposed to be Jan 10-14th but as of Jan 15th still not delivered to Pennsylvania. Once delivered most dealers need a week to schedule prep and service (tire pressure, anti-freeze, remove rail dust from paint, wiper fluid tank, and review of recalls that may have occurred.

Anyone taking delivery to Chapman in Pennsylvania between Jan 17-30 please PM me.

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jim Tidwell Ford offered me an unclaimed Lariat Lux hybrid for $41,000 the other day. Given that it was not a special color, that amounts to exactly $10,000 ADM. I told them to stuff it.

I also talked at one point to Krause Family Ford. Oddly enough they were adding $999 charge for spray in bedliner on all of their inventory Mavericks, even Lariat lux ones.. so basically they were charging you for a SIBL that was already on the truck from the factory.

Dealers are just scum, for the most part. I'm always surprised by the number of people who will defend them. The entire dealership model sucks, is broken, and is predatory. It should be eliminated.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not all dealers behave as if piracy was the norm. The dealers that have a future are those that cooperate with their customers instead of holding them hostage, and rifling through their pockets to scrape every nickel they can... ONE TIME.
They poison the customer-supplier relationship at their peril.

I know I will not patronize dealerships that treat me as a side of beef to be stripped of everything they can.

Chapman was honest and above board. I would recommend them to anyone in the market. Wade Ford in Smyrna, GA was also very professional. It was a positive experience to deal with each.
If there is a next time, they will both be on my list of good dealers.
I think FoMoCo is starting to change the dealer:manufacturer contract, and expect that 'internet sales' will be more a part of the 'experience'. YAA onYT seems to also be a good source for how to make a comfortable transaction making most people's second largest purchase. They also offer for purchase extended warranties at competitive prices. I am not affiliated and have not made a purchase from them. Their YT posts are very watchable.

tom

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh Chapman has been great as is Long McArthur. But the dealerships in my area have not been. Not sure about Wade Ford.. but if they're not selling at MSRP, I'm not interested anyway.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh Chapman has been great as is Long McArthur. But the dealerships in my area have not been. Not sure about Wade Ford.. but if they're not selling at MSRP, I'm not interested anyway.
Frustrated after 5 month delay...drove by Wade Ford and sales were nice enough but I knew far more about the Maverick than their sales rep....They tried and would not drop the subject of "upgrading" me to a Bronco....They too had high markups. I've received a weekly email from Hennessey wanting me to come in to test drive a Bronco...always replying that I'm interested in a Maverick...but their next weeks automated email will be about the new Bronco that just came in.

No doubt the internet will eventually wipe out automobile sales reps.

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wade Ford worked with us to accept the Courtesy Delivery when Chapman was offering this service, and at a good price. My truck isn't here yet but feel certain Wade Ford will hold true.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually that was the reason I went by Wade was the Conv Delivery...several other Chapman customers locally are using Wade...usually $250. And yes they do have a good reputation...I just decided to inspect Marv at Chapman before turning over a check, since flight is free ...with weather like it is may not have been the right decision next week..

Last edited:

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jim Tidwell Ford offered me an unclaimed Lariat Lux hybrid for $41,000 the other day. Given that it was not a special color, that amounts to exactly $10,000 ADM. I told them to stuff it.

I also talked at one point to Krause Family Ford. Oddly enough they were adding $999 charge for spray in bedliner on all of their inventory Mavericks, even Lariat lux ones.. so basically they were charging you for a SIBL that was already on the truck from the factory.

Dealers are just scum, for the most part. I'm always surprised by the number of people who will defend them. The entire dealership model sucks, is broken, and is predatory. It should be eliminated.
Tidwell Ford...lol..They tried selling me a Bronco when I went in to look at a Maverick. Agreed that most dealerships that I contacted so far are the ones I wouldn't buy anything from. I've ordered a hybrid from Chapman and will have it CD to Wade Ford when it comes. The only fee I'm paying is the $200 to Wade Ford for holding my truck. All the paper work will be completed by Chapman when I take delivery.
Sponsored