First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took a roadtrip to GA over the weekend and had a blast!! Ran all over Hell's Half Acre in the FWD EcoBoost Maverick and from start to finish got about 29mpg running between 70-80mph (much slower on the back roads). Did a lot of exploring on gravel roads (some with fairly impressive climbs) and FWD was more than enough to get the job done. Never felt the need for AWD.

For the record, GA is beautiful. Love those little country towns. Got back to my area and it was an immediate culture shock. Love the beach but there's too many people in this area of Florida.

Camped the entire time. Weather was beautiful. Need to take truck to get washed and vacuumed. It's dusty from one end to the other.

Ford Maverick Roadtrip to Georgia sunset
Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Ewww, Georgia. I hope you took a good shower when you got away.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My son and I been thinking of taking a trip to GA via Anniston, AL (to visit the CMP and get another M1 Garand). I have an aunt and uncle and some cousins that live in Keenesaw that I haven't seen in a while. Planning for a fall trip after school starts so there's less traffic. I don't know if we'll go if gas prices don't come down.

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My son and I been thinking of taking a trip to GA via Anniston, AL (to visit the CMP and get another M1 Garand). I have an aunt and uncle and some cousins that live in Keenesaw that I haven't seen in a while. Planning for a fall trip after school starts so there's less traffic. I don't know if we'll go if gas prices don't come down.
How do you like Anniston? Almost moved to Cedar Bluff area once. The lakes up there look beautiful.

Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
What's wrong with Georgia, other than Atlanta? Won't ever go back to that area.
I’m just trying to stir up Georgia folks. I grew up near Anniston. It seems to have gone downhill since most of the manufacturing left.
Cedar Bluff is a beautiful area. Not too far from Chattanooga.
As far as Georgia goes, it could be worse, it could be Florida.
🤣

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m just trying to stir up Georgia folks. I grew up near Anniston. It seems to have gone downhill since most of the manufacturing left.
Cedar Bluff is a beautiful area. Not too far from Chattanooga.
As far as Georgia goes, it could be worse, it could be Florida.
🤣
As a native Floridian, I approve of this message. Definitely have a love/hate relationship with this state. I've never been to Alabama. What am I missing?

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
As a native Floridian, I approve of this message. Definitely have a love/hate relationship with this state. I've never been to Alabama. What am I missing?
Right now I bet it’s about like Florida. Hot as hell and everybody’s grouchy.
I like FL and like the beaches but the last couple of times I’ve been it’s getting crowded. Seems like everyone is moving to FL.
I love north AL and north GA. At least north of Birmingham and Atlanta.

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right now I bet it’s about like Florida. Hot as hell and everybody’s grouchy.
I like FL and like the beaches but the last couple of times I’ve been it’s getting crowded. Seems like everyone is moving to FL.
I love north AL and north GA. At least north of Birmingham and Atlanta.
"Hot as hell and everybody's grouchy." <---Those would be the NY'ers moving to this state. (I can rag on NYer's because I married one, and even he hates his home state.) Only the truly masochistic move to this state. I've said it once and I'll say it again, there's no reason to move to this state unless you have immediate access to a body of water. I live 1/10th of a mile from the beach which is great, and likewise relieved it's the "no drive" section of the beach. The beaches DO fill up quickly around here. We get a huge influx of folks from Orlando into this area, all going to New Smyrna Beach. The area is a fuster-cluck when you have everyone trying to get on the beach and go explore the town.

Purposely NOT looking for future retirement property in the Northwest part of GA because I don't want to be anywhere near Atlanta. Worst driving experience ever.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How do you like Anniston? Almost moved to Cedar Bluff area once. The lakes up there look beautiful.
I've only been there twice to go to the CMP. I never went into Anniston proper. Both times I stayed in a motel near I-20, visited the CMP the next morning, got what I went there for and went back to Pensacola.
Sponsored