Sponsored

Where is everyone getting OEM tire credit when swapping tires?

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had planned on swapping the OEM tires for 245 65 R17 Falken WildPeaks like many on here, but both the dealer and a local Monroe are considering the OEM tires "used" even though I haven't even taken delivery yet (and both say they don't sell used tires and essentially have no use for them). Where are people going that they're getting credit for their OEM tires toward the aftermarket tires?
Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once they are mounted on the vehicle they are "used". You might be able to sell them yourself of sell them to a place that sells used tires but they are used the second they are mounted at the factory. Not sure any reputable tire shop would give you a "credit" for your used tires, as they say, they aren't in the business of selling used tires.

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Once they are mounted on the vehicle they are "used". You might be able to sell them yourself of sell them to a place that sells used tires but they are used the second they are mounted at the factory. Not sure any reputable tire shop would give you a "credit" for your used tires, as they say, they aren't in the business of selling used tires.
Just like when you drive the car off the lot - it becomes a used car.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here in nc its not hard to trade take off tires for different ones but at a 50% or more discount. .they have to resale them to get their money back so dont expect to get much for them.or just sell them yourself 😁

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
list them on craigslist, etc.

Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
list them on craigslist, etc.

Exactly right. CL or Facebook Marketplace, or local maverick group. I'm sure someone will buy them, just not a tire store that only sells new tires. PS - they only sell new tires because they can warranty them, if they sell used than they are taking on the liability of something goes wrong. Not worth the risk for the business.

OP
OP
Trucklet

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems that the issue is that a bunch of people are fibbers. :LOL:

Thanks for talking sense into me - as much as I like the look of the larger Falkens, I'll swap 'em when it's time to replace the OEM's.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had planned on swapping the OEM tires for 245 65 R17 Falken WildPeaks like many on here, but both the dealer and a local Monroe are considering the OEM tires "used" even though I haven't even taken delivery yet (and both say they don't sell used tires and essentially have no use for them). Where are people going that they're getting credit for their OEM tires toward the aftermarket tires?
In Texas some are trading them in for their replacements at Discount tire (search threads here). If so it's best to check with different stores as each manager can price them. If you buy their "certificates" you will get more $. (Also you can go in and just buy their road Hazzard/warranty certificates on tires bought anywhere if you buy it within 30 days (I think) of purchase). If you want to trade them in drive new truck straight to discount for best deal. Also of interest, Discount bought Tire Rack in December 2021, I do not know if they are using same certificates and other Discount procedures or not. If you are in tire rack territory they might be option. Good luck!

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In Texas some are trading them in for their replacements at Discount tire (search threads here). If so it's best to check with different stores as each manager can price them. If you buy their "certificates" you will get more $. (Also you can go in and just buy their road Hazzard/warranty certificates on tires bought anywhere if you buy it within 30 days (I think) of purchase). If you want to trade them in drive new truck straight to discount for best deal. Also of interest, Discount bought Tire Rack in December 2021, I do not know if they are using same certificates and other Discount procedures or not. If you are in tire rack territory they might be option. Good luck!
This.☝

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Seems that the issue is that a bunch of people are fibbers. :LOL:

Thanks for talking sense into me - as much as I like the look of the larger Falkens, I'll swap 'em when it's time to replace the OEM's.
Good choice
Sponsored