Sponsored

What companies will buy the stock FX4 tires for credit towards new tires?

HALWADE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sold them locally on OfferUp. Got $170 cash (well below most of the trade-in amounts in this thread), but helped a guy who needed them more than I did—his ‘87 Toyota was rolling on Baldini Maypops.

Pay it forward…
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My local Discount Tire would only give me $25 credit per tire. $100 total. No thanks. My local Les Schwab gave me $250 credit toward my MAXXIS RAZR AT's. I was hoping to get the $80-$100 that others got from Discount Tire, but settled on the $62.50.

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
I'm looking to sell my stock pirelli scorpion tires atr 400 obo 300 miles on them.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you’re getting 235’s already they are the falken wild peaks, however if’s you’re interested in trading out first ask your dealership as they sell tires too & maybe give you best offer? or as other members have said that you can check your local tire dealers for best “swap” prices I believe either way you’re going to get the best price from whom ever you buy the new tires from.

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
What is the benefit of the Falken Wildpeak tires?

Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
What is the benefit of the Falken Wildpeak tires?
If you're looking for/in need of it they are a much more capable mud/snow/off road tire compared to the Pirelli Scorpion tires, look up ratings on tirerack.com for the two and you will see how much better they are rated by consumers.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My local Discount Tire would only give me $25 credit per tire. $100 total. No thanks. My local Les Schwab gave me $250 credit toward my MAXXIS RAZR AT's. I was hoping to get the $80-$100 that others got from Discount Tire, but settled on the $62.50.
The $100/tire can only be expected if tread still has "nipples" and less than 100 miles but it varies from store to store and their local market.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The $100/tire can only be expected if tread still has "nipples" and less than 100 miles but it varies from store to store and their local market.
Yeah, I tried to work it out a few days before I took delivery. I was willing to drive it straight from the dealer, about 7 miles away. I told the store manager about all the reports online, and he said every store is different based on local market conditions. He said that to him tire trade ins aren't very valuable and they are just basically treating the credit as a discount.

And truth be told, I was going to buy the tires and I was willing to cast these off even for nothing. But I wanted to get the best deal possible, purchase price with trade in credit. If someone was less expensive with zero credit, I would do that deal. At the time, Les Schwab was the best deal for me. But might not be now.

I'm at 46,000 miles on my Maxxis RAZR AT's. Last quarter of life. Will replace before the winter. Now what to buy next? :unsure:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I tried to work it out a few days before I took delivery. I was willing to drive it straight from the dealer, about 7 miles away. I told the store manager about all the reports online, and he said every store is different based on local market conditions. He said that to him tire trade ins aren't very valuable and they are just basically treating the credit as a discount.

And truth be told, I was going to buy the tires and I was willing to cast these off even for nothing. But I wanted to get the best deal possible, purchase price with trade in credit. If someone was less expensive with zero credit, I would do that deal. At the time, Les Schwab was the best deal for me. But might not be now.

I'm at 46,000 miles on my Maxxis RAZR AT's. Last quarter of life. Will replace before the winter. Now what to buy next? :unsure:
Yep, things vary. I have 20,000 on my Michelin Primacy in my hybrid lariat first edition 55k tires. But that's down to 2/32" tread and I normally replace at 4/32" and they only have 8/32" new. Dealer has buy my tires get free alignment special. I guess that's his reward for "use my shop please" I am considering General altimax 45's (replaces altimax 43's and has 10% better wear 🤷) 75k warranty with 11/32" tread. I really like Discount and their certificates so who knows which way I will go. I might even consider UTIRES.COM.

SKurj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 mx-5, 23 XL eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
one of my last cars i told the dealer to keep the oe tires and install my lowering springs in exchange.. they were more than fine with it.
my brother negotiated to have the tires on his last vw swapped before pickup and they did so at no charge.
when my maverick finally arrives i will be negotiating to have the tires swapped to something i want also, i've done my research... there is a 5$ difference new between the tires that come on the truck vs what I want. if i have to, i will offer to pay the labor to swap them.

The dealer can sell off the takeoffs easier than we can...
Sponsored