Sponsored

What companies will buy the stock FX4 tires for credit towards new tires?

Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck is finally built, and on its way to the dealer...The first thing I want to do (like a loot of us) is swap the Pirelli Scorpions for Falken Wildpeaks, or something with some more aggressive tread. Probably going to stay at 235/65R17...but it is tempting to go up to 245...I have seen some people post they are getting credit for the stock tires when they swap them out, and I am curious of a list of places that offer credit for barely used tires
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems to be up to each local store. Plan a couple hours with the telephone to find your options.

EugeDK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been wondering the same thing. I want to swap the 225s out for 245s as soon as the truck gets in.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People should list how much credit they got for them, that way instead of asking you can just tell them I have brand new crappy Pirellis I'd like to give you with less than a hundred miles on them for $dollars.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As someone mentioned, every store will be different, just call around and make sure to stress they are brand new. Discount Tire was going to give me $75/tire, I negotiated with them for $100/tire. This store said they give anywhere from $50-$100/tire.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck is finally built, and on its way to the dealer...The first thing I want to do (like a loot of us) is swap the Pirelli Scorpions for Falken Wildpeaks, or something with some more aggressive tread. Probably going to stay at 235/65R17...but it is tempting to go up to 245...I have seen some people post they are getting credit for the stock tires when they swap them out, and I am curious of a list of places that offer credit for barely used tires
If you don't like the trade $ consider just donating them to charity that will be happy to find someone who really needs them. Or call your grandmother and ask her if she knows someone who needs them (this may also incur expense of needing to also pay for mounting and balancing).

OP
OP
Dogcmp6

Dogcmp6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't like the trade $ consider just donating them to charity that will be happy to find someone who really needs them. Or call your grandmother and ask her if she knows someone who needs them (this may also incur expense of needing to also pay for mounting and balancing).
This is a good option, I have a few community facebook groups where people are always in need of new tires at a discount...Maybe I will just buy the new tires, and sell the old ones at a steep discount on there...Its not donating to charity, but I need to offset the cost of replacing the tires for it to make sense to do so

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure, and also tell them that you're just looking for credit on new tires, so they are making profit there too.
If you don't like the trade $ consider just donating them to charity that will be happy to find someone who really needs them.
Meh, people already getting welfare don't need brand new Pirellis. That's what mass transit is for, especially with the million "help wanted" signs at every store right now but nobody wanting to go back to work with all the handouts. List them on Craigslist/facebook/swapper/etc if local tire shops don't make good offers.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure, and also tell them that you're just looking for credit on new tires, so they are making profit there too.

Meh, people already getting welfare don't need brand new Pirellis. That's what mass transit is for, especially with the million "help wanted" signs at every store right now but nobody wanting to go back to work with all the handouts. List them on Craigslist/facebook/swapper/etc if local tire shops don't make good offers.
Agree! Having worked 45+ years and now seeing the gimme mentality. Just sad:(

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold a set of Pirelli tires with about 15k miles on them to a guy that sells used tires at a local flea market. Got $60 for all 4 as I recall. He had a ton of used tires for sale.

Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Post them here too. I’m sure some people will be interested in a second set of tires for cheap

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found a smaller local shop that gave me $75 / tire on the Pirelli's and purchased 235's of the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S.

All of the big shops wouldn't give me a dime because they can't sell them with a warranty.

I was happy to get $300 but still feels like a loss overall, wish the FX4 would have just come with better tires...

Alloymaker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt maverick VB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am getting 200$ From my dealer. They putting 235/65/17 Toyo at3w on as soon as it arrives.

Chrisjt0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat EB FX4 LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I swapped the scorpion ATR's for Falken Wildpeak AT Trails in 235/65/17.

The Pirelli's had a couple hundred miles on them and I sold them on craigslist for $350 for the set

Grey Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Cactus Grey, Jeep Wrangler Mango
Discount tire gave me 80 dollars a tire for my scorpions?
I did by a set of KO2’s
Sponsored