Sponsored

What is going on with Maverick production?

RichnDelia

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, mustang, Torino, Lighting, Mercedes
Ordered mine January 22 couldn't get one in PHX through Costco so ordered through LHM Ford Draper Utah they still don't know when I will receive my Maverick!!!

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered mine January 22 couldn't get one in PHX through Costco so ordered through LHM Ford Draper Utah they still don't know when I will receive my Maverick!!!
That dealership called me on 10/19/22, apparently I had called 12 months earlier looking for a retail Maverick and they finally had one. XL EcoBoost, no options, paid MSRP that day. Two weeks later I got notification that my September 15th order was scheduled to be built December 5th (today!).

IBCA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barbara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

. . .
It's too late now, but I followed Tim's @fordvideoguy 's instructions on what to tell the dealer when I ordered. That made a MUCH bigger difference (I believe) than anything else.
Rats, what were those instructions?

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Your second-best fiend is called "patience"

Good to know my 2nd best ‘fiend’ (sic) is patience!

Sponsored

ViperAir

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every manufacturer is having the same issues with supply chain. The industry I work in is paying 3 times as much for materials and contracted labor than we did just a few years ago. We also still have lengthy delivery schedules that are often further delayed due to a number of factors. At least you can make a custom order with Ford, most other manufacturers you can't even make a factory order which makes that a moot point. Try making a factory order from Toyota or Hyundai. Also, you want one of the hottest vehicles on the market right now, demand far outweighs supply plus Ford is most likely putting their resources into more profitable models which limits their production for the Maverick. I don't see how someone telling you that you have to wait every month would change anything. You just ordered, how are you going to feel a year from now if you get rolled over to a 2024? You ordered on the second day of the order banks being open, maybe your dealer only gets allocated 12 Mavericks, 1 a month and maybe you were order number 13 or worse because a bunch of people ordered on the first day? I really don't get the communication part, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the supply chain is a problem for everyone and the Maverick is a low priority seller for Ford when they can put those resources into very profitable Lightnings. Also, you should understand that Ford doesn't produce these things first come first served.
Don't buy the Supply Chain excuse 3 years after COVID. You can walk into any Bestbuy and buy 100 Apple laptops, TVs, iphones, etc, without any problems. Cars are made with Robots as well of the many of the parts, so I don't buy into their excuses about Supply Chain. They are making record profits by chocking off the supply and not have to sell below MSRP or give incentives. The dealers are making out on the back end with selling them over MSRP, it's a win-win for them under this model. Three years of Supply Chain excuse is a bit much....

Moon

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram. Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it's because I followed Tim's recommendation. I wouldn't put the order in unless it was priority 10.

What's everyone else's priority number?
My dealer kept insisting that he could not change the order from a 19 to a 10. He said that’s what Ford allocated them, and I was their first order. So I felt there was nothing I could do.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dealer kept insisting that he could not change the order from a 19 to a 10. He said that’s what Ford allocated them, and I was their first order. So I felt there was nothing I could do.
Priority 10-19 is COMPLETELY dealer assignable! They lied.

OP
OP

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered one hybrid on Aug 2021 and I am still waiting. Patience my fellow future maverick owner.
I have a 22. Ordered Aug of 21. Like it so much ordered 2 more for the family. The wait isn’t the problem, it is the flip flop and lack of communication
Sorry that has happened to you I can see it is stressful. But that has not been my experience. My calls have been professionally answered and though they did not always have the information I wanted they did a good job of explaining what they did know.

Chat in particular has been most helpful and accurate. I did receive different information several times, but it was still accurate on that day. The situation is fluid and CS can only tell you what is in their system at the time you call.

I am not sure what information you are trying to get. You placed two orders and unless they are being looked at for scheduling the only thing anyone can tell you is that you have two confirmed orders. They might get built in January or in July or never. No one can tell you anything different.

Chat with Ford and ask them to give you the order status for your orders. Or walk into your dealer and ask there, don't call, don't email, walk in and sit down. If the orders say "confirmed - clean" then that is absolutely all the information that is available.
goes way back to my 2022 order. Call after call to Ford yielded contradictory information. No record of the order….it will be built in 2 weeks…2 weeks later: it will be built in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later.. no record of your order. Granted, they have improved with the 2023 orders, but still no sense to a lot of statements, and no communication with the dealer. I was a marketing professor for 12 years, and a lot of work is still needed.

Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no communication with the dealer.
If you are saying that Ford is not communicating with your dealer, that simply isn't true. Ford sends out a lot of info on a regular basis. Some of that gets leaked here and on Facebook. Now what your dealer does with that info is another matter. Some pass it on to all employees, some keep it at the management level, some don't bother to even read it. But none of that is Ford's issue. There are some really good dealerships around the country, I am blessed to live very near one. But there are also some that believe the only thing that matters is today's sales and giving salespeople too much information just distracts them.

I am truly sorry you have had such a poor experience, but no one here can help you. If I were you, I would go to my dealer and have a face-to-face discussion on where we are, how we got there and where we go. If I wasn't happy with the answers, I would find a new dealer.

Your original post was complaining about your two hybrid '23 orders. Now you are complaining about a '22 order, did you ever receive that truck? Or are you waiting on that one plus 2 additional hybrids? Sorry, I am starting to get confused what you are upset about.

OP
OP

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are saying that Ford is not communicating with your dealer, that simply isn't true. Ford sends out a lot of info on a regular basis. Some of that gets leaked here and on Facebook. Now what your dealer does with that info is another matter. Some pass it on to all employees, some keep it at the management level, some don't bother to even read it. But none of that is Ford's issue. There are some really good dealerships around the country, I am blessed to live very near one. But there are also some that believe the only thing that matters is today's sales and giving salespeople too much information just distracts them.

I am truly sorry you have had such a poor experience, but no one here can help you. If I were you, I would go to my dealer and have a face-to-face discussion on where we are, how we got there and where we go. If I wasn't happy with the answers, I would find a new dealer.

Your original post was complaining about your two hybrid '23 orders. Now you are complaining about a '22 order, did you ever receive that truck? Or are you waiting on that one plus 2 additional hybrids? Sorry, I am starting to get confused what you are upset about.
False statements, made up stories, whether on the 23 or 22 model years are wrong. Simple. To say that false information given to customers is ok, is just plain wrong. Customers have the right to the truth, nothing more and nothing less. Communication with Ford Customer Service is better than in 22, but still, the lack of information is just wrong, and does the one thing a customer service dept should not do: aggravate customers.

OP
OP

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious what exactly you would like from Ford? Just seeing as how they are still producing units for 2022 carryovers, I'm not really sure what you expected? What could Ford do to make you feel better about the situation? I guess I don't understand how having to wait is unprofessional......
Simple: Truth and being kept informed

OP
OP

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't buy the Supply Chain excuse 3 years after COVID. You can walk into any Bestbuy and buy 100 Apple laptops, TVs, iphones, etc, without any problems. Cars are made with Robots as well of the many of the parts, so I don't buy into their excuses about Supply Chain. They are making record profits by chocking off the supply and not have to sell below MSRP or give incentives. The dealers are making out on the back end with selling them over MSRP, it's a win-win for them under this model. Three years of Supply Chain excuse is a bit much....
My dealer say that even with limited supply of new vehicles, they have never made so much money

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Simple: Truth and being kept informed
My father has waited since January for his Maverick. It's just getting ready to be delivered to the dealer from the rail yard. Once a month I checked in with the Ford chat for him to get a status report. Not once did he ask me about anything since I told him it was in high demand and he knew about the supply chain issues. It seems more like you want to be coddled and made to feel special. It sounds more like you just have a terrible dealer which is not Ford's problem since they are independently owned. The Ford chat and phone lines are easy to use. I would say if you want info, get it yourself otherwise as a "marketing professor" you should be able to make your own deductions as to why it's taking so long to get people the Maverick they ordered.
Sponsored