Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, RAV4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's the government spy cam.

edit: Wow totally missed the earlier post.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
funny how new owners waited much more than 12 weeks for the new truck and then have ???s

I have read and re-read my owners manual at least twice since Oct 27th order date. and clicked on all the odd questions here on MTC forums

I know what it is
That's the point of this truck club ... to share with others. Not everyone is going to have the opportunity or time to read a manual and put to mind every detail. Good for you that you know what it is. That you didn't feel the need to share that is being snobbish. No place for that here.

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe it's a motion sensor for the alarm.
Wrong.
Interior motion Sensors do NOT exist on the Maverick, even though they are described on page 85 in the Manual.

That is a temperature sensor not described in the manual as someone else said. It IS in the service manual.

See my Post here. The Perimeter Plus Add on will get you a shock sensor, but still no motion sensors. Not sure how that made it into the manual when it never existed and is not an add on option.

Perimeter Alarm on Lariat/XLT, No Interior/Inclination Sensors? | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hamster air vent? Just for the Hybrids.

QE1WaCT.gif
Reminds me of the time I put a high frequency rodent eliminator in the hallway and forgot my daughter had a hamster. Two or three days later she came to me and said "dad somethings wrong with Bernice". I went and looked and she was in the wheel running until she fell out and laid there for several minutes to catch her breath got back in wheel and did it again. Daughter said she had been doing that for two days = I went and unplugged the device. 😂

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool so those things really work? I have issues with rodents in my car and thought this was snake oil.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe it is a camera that watches the driver, to insure that they are alert as the Maverick has a sensor to check if the driver is alert or may need to take a break! If it detect the driver is not alert a warning light that looks like a cup of coffee lights up on the dash and it will make a dinging sound!!

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think interior motion sensor also. Unless I disable the interior motion when my dog is in the truck, he sets off the alarm. I taped up the sensor and it doesn't go off any longer. Yea you can disable it via the menu but the default is the interior sensor on

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think interior motion sensor also. Unless I disable the interior motion when my dog is in the truck, he sets off the alarm. I taped up the sensor and it doesn't go off any longer. Yea you can disable it via the menu but the default is the interior sensor on
The maverick doesn't have a interior motion sensor
Sponsored