2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Current Maverick owners or prospective buyers can chime-in here for recommended dealers, or dealers to avoid. List any dealers not doing markups/honor MSRP, deposit or no deposit, no high pressure selling, etc.

This would take most of the guess work from buyers like myself still stumped at which dealer to do business with. I already know what I want and the price I want to pay, it’s come down to shopping the dealer.
Sponsored

2thGAP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes and Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First time for me to buy a vehicle from Bellingham Ford and I can only say good things about them. Get in touch with Matt Robinson. He's a good guy with very nice approach to selling. He doesn't do an stressful dealing (or of that nature) but he makes you feel comfortable with making your own choices and decisions. He gives you good information if you need it.
I'm a California transplant and buying vehicles there is stressful and takes up a lot your time, sometimes the whole day.
if you ever deal with Matt tell him Robert from Sudden Valley recommended him.

Lexx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Fugate ford is great as well. Ask for Shayne McNeil and be rest assured he‘ll go above and beyond for you.

OP
OP

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After visiting a few dealers, all of them asked for $500 refundable deposit (and $500 non-refundable from Bickford), I decided to do business with Bill Pierre Ford because no deposit required from them. The ordering process was quick and painless, the sales rep didn’t pull any fast ones and I got the email order confirmation from FoMoCo within a half-hour.

Now the wait begins.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Highly recommend Bellingham Ford. No deposit, no add ons. Ordering took 5 minutes, I had the Ford confirm email in 30 minutes. Salesman sent a copy of my "COVP - Approved" two days later.

So far super nice folks to deal with. I even asked if they needed a deposit and they just said, nope you are all good.

Sponsored

minnow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Miata, 2007 V8 4Runner, 2019 GTI SE 6MT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bellingham Ford is great so far. I've been working with Marty Walker on my order, and he's been a straight shooter the entire time. He was honest with the supply chain issues and set expectations appropriately. As a plus, he is also a Maverick owner! Perks of the job, I guess :)

Reactions: bgn

SEA_Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just purchased my Maverick from Harris Ford in Lynnwood a week ago. My salesperson Mahdi, he was very kind & not pushy at all. He did a great job answering all my texts & e-mails + modifying my order a few times since my first day ordering. At the most it would just take a couple days to get back to me on non-urgent requests. I didn't have a signed purchase agreement ahead of time so I was a bit anxious about how it would go, but thankfully I was able to purchase it at MSRP & they made sure I got price protection + the Ford Credit rates (I couldn't combine my Farm Bureau so I'm trying to pursue it separately with Ford). Despite having the rail car # (provided by Ford Chat), the truck arrived a week earlier than expected so thankfully Mahdi called me first thing in the morning when it was on the carrier.

Overall very happy with the truck & the salesperson I was dealing with. When doing the paperwork they did try to soft sell the extended warranty, prepaid services, etc but I politely declined & they didn't pursue it further. Paperwork took a bit longer than expected but it was only a few hours total & it was a Friday evening with others ahead of me so I understood. It did help that I already had pricing from Flood Ford for the Ford Protect Plan to compare just in case they could match (which was much cheaper than the dealer). Only minor thing was the truck was missing the center wheel caps on the steel wheels (ones with ford logo) & the front license plate bracket wasn't installed. The truck did arrive only a couple hours before that same day I purchased it, so they probably didn't get a chance but they are doing it this week.

I mentioned in the other Western Washington thread that I hope we do a Washington meetup soon.

Burro

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sentra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went through kendall ford. It's my first time ordering from a company. The ordering process was really fast for me too. They did want 500 down which I'm fine with. I also got the COVP email the day of ordering.

They were open with the time tables and my sales person Levi is very upfront with the emailing vs calling if you recommend that.

SEA_Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went through kendall ford. It's my first time ordering from a company. The ordering process was really fast for me too. They did want 500 down which I'm fine with. I also got the COVP email the day of ordering.

They were open with the time tables and my sales person Levi is very upfront with the emailing vs calling if you recommend that.
I recently purchased a Kia Sportage from their sister store in Idaho, it was a very easy experience. I had custom ordered it & they sold it to me for MSRP with no games. I wish they didn’t require a higher deposit for orders but at least they seem likely to honor the MSRP & have an easier process.

captredbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just an update that Ford of Kirkland told me that price protection was not a thing, I had to give them the dealer notification from this forum to get them to honor original msrp. They also refused to give me financing from the time of order and ended up "comprising" with a rate in between then and now. They also tried to add gps tracking which is pretty funny since the Maverick has gps tracking in the My Ford app.

Update: The salesman sent a satisfaction email to me the next day and I let him know I was not happy at all about what went down, and to expect a lambasting on yelp etc. The sales manager called an hour later and said he was going to make it right and re-did my deal to what was expected when I ordered. On one hand am upset but on the other it's rare for someone to admit they messed up and fix it especially after I already signed. From these forums about half the dealers seem to be messing with price protection and finance rate locks.

Last edited:
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just an update that Ford of Kirkland told me that price protection was not a thing, I had to give them the dealer notification from this forum to get them to honor original msrp. They also refused to give me financing from the time of order and ended up "comprising" with a rate in between then and now. They also tried to add gps tracking which is pretty funny since the Maverick has gps tracking in the My Ford app.

Update: The salesman sent a satisfaction email to me the next day and I let him know I was not happy at all about what went down, and to expect a lambasting on yelp etc. The sales manager called an hour later and said he was going to make it right and re-did my deal to what was expected when I ordered. On one hand am upset but on the other it's rare for someone to admit they messed up and fix it especially after I already signed. From these forums about half the dealers seem to be messing with price protection and finance rate locks.
Yeah, this tracks with the impression I got from Ford of Kirkland when I was inquiring about doing a pre-order a few months back. I did not end up going with them.

"Two things, though, and this is very, very important. The first is that sometimes, between when a truck is ordered and when it arrives, the MSRP changes from what it is estimated it will be when built. If, when the truck arrives, the MSRP on the sticker is lower, you will pay the lower MSRP. If it is higher, you will pay the higher MSRP."

Riiiiiiiiiiight......when I pushed back about price protection the story changed slightly to.....

"Just an FYI that on the most recent factory order I sold, Ford's price protection capped out at $900."

Riiiiiiiiiiight......

Hopperdropper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought from the Ford dealership in Mt Vernon and had a good experience. Similar bad vibes from kirkland above. Bellevue was in close communication and offering all Mavericks at msrp (including cancelled orders) but mount Vernon had what i wanted faster.
Sponsored