First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been searching Ford dealers who might have a Customer not go thru with their order. Have found several, the most recent at Sound Ford Renton. Sales Manager Frank Smith wants ADM(additional dealer markup)of $10,000. So the XL they have can be purchased for $33k. I have found several of these situations where the Customer supposedly did not go thru with the order. I know how everyone is dying to get their Maverick. Who’s not going to show when the vehicle is here. Makes me wonder if cars were ordered by dealers with fake names so they could do all this ADM they are doing. Happening way to many times. Just my 2 cents worth.
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bowen Scarff, Mullinax and Awesome Ford have had several good transactions spoken about at MSRP for retail orders and lowish ADM's for dealer stock.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been searching Ford dealers who might have a Customer not go thru with their order. Have found several, the most recent at Sound Ford Renton. Sales Manager Frank Smith wants ADM(additional dealer markup)of $10,000. So the XL they have can be purchased for $33k. I have found several of these situations where the Customer supposedly did not go thru with the order. I know how everyone is dying to get their Maverick. Who’s not going to show when the vehicle is here. Makes me wonder if cars were ordered by dealers with fake names so they could do all this ADM they are doing. Happening way to many times. Just my 2 cents worth.
Customer orders have to have a copy of the drivers license to be approved by Ford. Sure, every dealership employee could put in an order and then sell them at a markup. but Ford also audits to see when a truck is sold to someone other than the person on the driver's license.

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone have dealings with Westhills Ford/Mazda in Bremerton?

2thGAP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes and Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If this happens to me I would get up and walk away. $10K is exorbitant. I ordered mine thru Frontier Ford in Anacortes. Additionally I also reserved F150 Lightning thru the same dealer.

Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
From what I understand it's pretty common for people to place an order for a vehicle and then not be able to get any kind of financing once it's produced and delivered to the dealership. I imagine that's where most of the "abandoned" special orders are coming from. I'm sure dealerships aren't exactly going out of their way to get approvals for some of these customers considering what they stand to gain but not everyone knows that they can get outside financing. I say if you have to finance in the first place, if you can't get approval direct through Ford on their site before even going to the dealership, should you really be financing a 20k+ new vehicle??

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Life changes, what you need/want months earlier can change.
I don’t need a vehicle, just wanted a maverick. As time goes on it’s becoming more apparent to me why bother.

Dawgonit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every time someone takes a test drive a dealer gets another copy of a drivers license. They use these to make orders.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every time someone takes a test drive a dealer gets another copy of a drivers license. They use these to make orders.
not true. It's been years since I was asked to give DL for a test drive. At my local dealers, they basically just throw me the keys and say "have fun, let's us know how you liked it when you get back".

track me

First Name
Soon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, / CRV
From what I understand it's pretty common for people to place an order for a vehicle and then not be able to get any kind of financing once it's produced and delivered to the dealership. I imagine that's where most of the "abandoned" special orders are coming from. I'm sure dealerships aren't exactly going out of their way to get approvals for some of these customers considering what they stand to gain but not everyone knows that they can get outside financing. I say if you have to finance in the first place, if you can't get approval direct through Ford on their site before even going to the dealership, should you really be financing a 20k+ new vehicle??
Also from some posts here on the forum there were those that ordered a couple to see what came in quicker or which trim they liked better.

Sponsored

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well if the ratio of customers getting their panties in a wad over every little rumor and hearsay and claiming they're walking away from this truck on this website is reflected in the rest of the country there'll be an unending supply of Mavs for dealers to sell at ADM.

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just my opinion, but I did not order my Maverick from Sound which is just few miles from me…. Great experience from Bowen Scarff, but I also ordered it, so no mark up. Good luck

WeylandYutani

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have dealings with Westhills Ford/Mazda in Bremerton?
Yes, based on my experience, West Hills Ford are one of the good guys. In Jan, I purchased a stock/declined order hybrid Maverick for MSRP, no ADM.

$150 doc fee, they did try to add on flashing CHMSL and etching for $300 each. I removed the flashing CHMSL (they hadn't installed anything) but gave then the etching. At first they tried to get me to finance with them at 5% interest, but I told them I wanted Ford's 0% for 36 mo rate. No hard selling on financing or anything else.

There were minor hiccups, no fault of theirs. I was delayed a few weeks because of the fuel tank recall and I discovered later my Maverick didn't have the emergency fuel funnel or front license plate bracket. They were very responsive and mailed me both parts after the sale.

Only other thing was my Maverick was selected for random road testing, documented at 31 miles but had ~60 miles when I took delivery. While I did not order it, I did put a $500 deposit on it about a month before it arrived. They said no customers took it for a test drive but maybe each employee took a turn behind the wheel. I wasn't bothered by it.

Only downside is they appear to be a smaller dealer, not sure how many more available Mavericks they will have.

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, based on my experience, West Hills Ford are one of the good guys. In Jan, I purchased a stock/declined order hybrid Maverick for MSRP, no ADM.

$150 doc fee, they did try to add on flashing CHMSL and etching for $300 each. I removed the flashing CHMSL (they hadn't installed anything) but gave then the etching. At first they tried to get me to finance with them at 5% interest, but I told them I wanted Ford's 0% for 36 mo rate. No hard selling on financing or anything else.

There were minor hiccups, no fault of theirs. I was delayed a few weeks because of the fuel tank recall and I discovered later my Maverick didn't have the emergency fuel funnel or front license plate bracket. They were very responsive and mailed me both parts after the sale.

Only other thing was my Maverick was selected for random road testing, documented at 31 miles but had ~60 miles when I took delivery. While I did not order it, I did put a $500 deposit on it about a month before it arrived. They said no customers took it for a test drive but maybe each employee took a turn behind the wheel. I wasn't bothered by it.

Only downside is they appear to be a smaller dealer, not sure how many more available Mavericks they will have.
Yes.....they seem to be straight shooters there, responsive to my questions and after visiting a couple other dealers decided to go with them. They used to be a independent ford dealer but were bought our by WestHills auto group. I've traded my 2001 Toyota Tacoma for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4 along with purchases of many other vehicles there (traded my 2009 Taco there and got a great trade in value.) West Hills auto group sells and services MANY other makes and models and is quite large. Not sure of their "allocations" with Ford though...."no ADM on a stock/lot Maverick", advertise "No markups"
is also a good sign.

FiremarshalBill49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3 LR and 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
HYPOTHETICALLY, if person #1 had a Maverick ordered, built, and in transit to their Western WA Ford dealership, but person #1 also had another identical Maverick (assigned a VIN and a scheduled April build date) but ordered through a different Western WA Ford dealership... could person #1 somehow offer that second Maverick to person #2 whose build date might be several months out? Asking for a friend.
Sponsored