First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm originally from Silver Creek, then moved to Dunkirk, but left out of that area in '81 when I joined the Army, and never looked back. I spent nearly 12 years of my life in the Army until I began to have problems with my feet, neck, and back, and then was medically discharged. We moved to Pensacola, FL, and have been here since 1993.

I go back to Dunkirk, Silver Creek, Fredonia, Brocton, and Amherst to visit relatives once or twice a year for a few weeks each time. I was just up there in mid-September, and saw an Area 51 Maverick in Fredonia a few times.
Sponsored

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Tonawanda here. Grew up in Hamburg, and spent much of that time out in Boston and Eden. Love what's south of the city, just not the snow with some of the winters we've had.
My order just got scheduled for April, so hopefully be cruising the southern tier this summer in mine.

samspritzer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CRV, 2008 Accord, 2009 Quintana Roo Kilo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Found this a little late but none the less.
<---------------meet Sidney...over there on the left!

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Born and raised in Geneva, Queen of the Finger Lakes. Retired and live in Texas now. Love my Lariat.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can now officially count me in as a member of the MTC, picked up my Maverick a little over a week ago. Growing on me more and more, too.

I see a white Maverick in Tonawanda at a dentist office every week when I go into work late, and for some reason I thought, I'm going to be disappointed in having gotten white. For some reason it didn't look so good to me. Needless to say, there are a lot of the colors that look pretty good, but I've been happy with my "white choice" so far. Gotten a few compliments on it too. It's also funny that I've been looking for Mavericks on the road all along, but since getting mine it seems I'm finally seeing more of them.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plenty of them in the towns east of the queen city from what I've noticed. Some of the parts stores are running them as well now.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Plenty of them in the towns east of the queen city from what I've noticed. Some of the parts stores are running them as well now.
Yes, seen numerous Mavericks enlisted in parts delivery duty since they first started rolling out last year. We just had three white XL Hybrids roll through with little doubt they were heading for the same duty.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depending on your definition of Western, Rochester here.
Of course, Western NY. Grew up there. Rochester and Buffalo areas make up Western NY. Syracuse is Central NY.

Rochester is also Upstate NY. I think of Upstate as Albany and west of there.

But to NYC people, Upstate is anywhere north of NYC. (This is sure to start an argument.) Anyway, hope you see more Mavs.

Last edited:

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tonawanda here. Grew up in Hamburg, and spent much of that time out in Boston and Eden. Love what's south of the city, just not the snow with some of the winters we've had.
My order just got scheduled for April, so hopefully be cruising the southern tier this summer in mine.
Hopefully, you’ve got your Mav by now. If it’s a hybrid, you have it just in time to experience the benefit of warmer temperatures on mpg’s.

Grew up in Hilton and Clifton Springs NY.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hopefully, you’ve got your Mav by now. If it’s a hybrid, you have it just in time to experience the benefit of warmer temperatures on mpg’s.

Grew up in Hilton and Clifton Springs NY.

Tomorrow will be the two week mark that I've had my Maverick. I'd have gone with the Hybrid if there had been an AWD option, but I'm enjoying the 2.0L just the same. My mileage hasn't leveled off yet, it keeps gradually creeping upwards since I picked it up with the trip computer reading 3.4 mpg. In the roughly 200 miles I've driven it's come up to 19.6 mpg, and as I said, keeps creeping upwards. As my morning commute is light traffic at a more elevated speed, it helps; but I take a different route home which is mostly stop and go and destroys fuel economy. Still a long way to go before it's broken in and levels off.
Sponsored