Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Finally!
My Fusion, that I traded, is in the background.

BTW - The dealer is great! Didn’t have to tell them anything about price protection. They already knew to check order date vs purchase date in Smart Vincent. Honored my trade-in price from when I ordered. And they sell for invoice price. Correct, below MSRP. Yes, on a Mav. For my Mav, that is $1018 under MRSP. No haggling, just how they do business.
You do not have to be local, they sell to people all over; I have heard of some in Canada and Alaska. You just have to arrange for shipping; typically people fly in and drive home though.
Van Bortel Ford, ask for Paul Bowers. Tell him Mark B sent you.
Ford Maverick New York Mavericks!! F3DAA7E8-AD21-4E6E-872B-42A38751CDE3
Sponsored

22Ford XL Basic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reserved a velocity blue XL in June 21, ordered it July21
Made, early May 22 Shipped May 18 and Just arrived
Before I was notified that it was in dealer add on were being installed

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I haven't seen one in the wild near me... I hear there a few further east on long island. I did see one on the lot at hasset Ford in Wantagh.
That could of been mine I have a grey XLT loaded all the goodies, have about 1200 miles, Wantagh ford was GREAT, I buy or lease depends on the numbers a new vehicle about every 3 years and worked for a dealer for 38 years, I know the ins and outs of dealer operations, these guys were on point, John D was a pleasure to deal with. I have seen 5 mavericks in the area, seen 2/3 at dealers and another 2 on the road, I go east on weekends only seen one white one out there. Am waiting for the day I pass one on the long island express way or northern or southern state pkw, hasn't happened yet.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

LOL well as someone's who lives in the actual state, when I say "I'm from New York" and they think new York city, it's get very irritating haha
I feel the same way am on Long Island and hate the city haven't been there in 20 years used to go to car show cant bring myself to cross that city line, disgusting.

Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered the alto blue with same rims from levitown ford, 11/13. Was hoping for a 3 month turnaround time but looks like it will be much longer. I since switched to area 51.... I need a vin or someone to back out of an order I can get in on one sooner to help me from flip flopping on the color.
I walked out of Levittown ford, the salesmen knew nothing about the Maverick, you would think they would watch a few u tube video's theres only 100s of them, then overheard a women asking about her order and they told her when it gets here it gets here, walked right out.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Finally!
My Fusion, that I traded, is in the background.

BTW - The dealer is great! Didn’t have to tell them anything about price protection. They already knew to check order date vs purchase date in Smart Vincent. Honored my trade-in price from when I ordered. And they sell for invoice price. Correct, below MSRP. Yes, on a Mav. For my Mav, that is $1018 under MRSP. No haggling, just how they do business.
You do not have to be local, they sell to people all over; I have heard of some in Canada and Alaska. You just have to arrange for shipping; typically people fly in and drive home though.
Van Bortel Ford, ask for Paul Bowers. Tell him Mark B sent you.
F3DAA7E8-AD21-4E6E-872B-42A38751CDE3.jpeg
Congrats. I ordered from the same dealer. Just waiting on it to come in .....

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Congrats. I ordered from the same dealer. Just waiting on it to come in .....
Nice! While I was picking mine up, a carrier showed up with Cactus Gray Hybrid. I hope you are tracking the rail car.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice! While I was picking mine up, a carrier showed up with Cactus Gray Hybrid. I hope you are tracking the rail car.
I haven't been tracking the rail car. It's not going to make it come any quicker. It's been showing "shipped" status since the first week of July but i know it's probably going to be a 1-2 month wait until delivery to dealer.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I haven't been tracking the rail car. It's not going to make it come any quicker. It's been showing "shipped" status since the first week of July but i know it's probably going to be a 1-2 month wait until delivery to dealer.
Mine took about a month. Was ’stuck’ in Chicago area for a while. Guess there was some track issue causing re-routes, plus rail car went to maintenance. So if you avoid that, might be here next week. 🤞

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine took about a month. Was ’stuck’ in Chicago area for a while. Guess there was some track issue causing re-routes, plus rail car went to maintenance. So if you avoid that, might be here next week. 🤞
A month isn't bad. Some members on here have had thier Maverick stuck in a lot for weeks.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A month isn't bad. Some members on here have had thier Maverick stuck in a lot for weeks.
That is mainly Hybrids, because they had recalls to had to be fixed first. I have an Eco.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is mainly Hybrids, because they had recalls to had to be fixed first. I have an Eco.
I ordered an Eco AWD as well so crossing my fingers. I see Van Bortel still has the Area 51 Ecoboost sitting on thier lot for test drives. That is the one that I tested. At VB set aside a Maverick for test drives. Some dealers just sold every Maverick that came in so many buyers on this site had to order one without even being able to test drive one. :rolleyes:

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered an Eco AWD as well so crossing my fingers. I see Van Bortel still has the Area 51 Ecoboost sitting on thier lot for test drives. That is the one that I tested. At VB set aside a Maverick for test drives. Some dealers just sold every Maverick that came in so many buyers on this site had to order one without even being able to test drive one. :rolleyes:
You should be good then. No recalls as of Tuesday when I picked mine up. Just had to get in the queue for delivery.
And yeah, still have that Area 51. My understanding is they ‘bought it’ to have it for test drives. Probably trying to keep the miles under 3,000; like they do for service loaners.
I’m glad they had it, because I didn’t want to order until I drove one.
Sponsored