First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How is everyone doing in terms of cosmetic upkeep? First week I got it I did an iron remover, clay bar, wash, sealant. Then I’ve been doing wash and spray wax once a week since. Seems to be doing a pretty good job.

Trying to keep the shine of the new factory paint as long as possible and keep some UV protection with me living in Florida.

Thinking I’ll do another round of sealant around month three and try to keep up the weekly washing and spray waxing.

Also just bought a spray and rinse ceramic wax from meguiars. Going to add that in occasionally.

Anyone else have a routine going or a favorite product?
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
a couple days after getting, I washed, clay bar, waxed. That was Dec 18th. Did put on generic mud flaps front and back. Only got 1100 miles on it. Stays in garage at night. Still looks pretty clean so I will wash it when it doesn't.

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Mine gets washed when it rains except today, I broke down and drove it to the car wash!

Sponsored

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is everyone doing in terms of cosmetic upkeep? First week I got it I did an iron remover, clay bar, wash, sealant. Then I’ve been doing wash and spray wax once a week since. Seems to be doing a pretty good job.

Trying to keep the shine of the new factory paint as long as possible and keep some UV protection with me living in Florida.

Thinking I’ll do another round of sealant around month three and try to keep up the weekly washing and spray waxing.

Also just bought a spray and rinse ceramic wax from meguiars. Going to add that in occasionally.

Here's my routine and products: I use the two (2) bucket routine, one with the soapy water with a DETAIL GUARDZ The Dirt Lock Car Wash Bucket Insert and the other with plain water. I use water from my water softener because I live in an area with hard water that leaves water spots with minerals. I use an electric pressure washer with a 40 degree spray head and I use a foam cannon. The first wash I use Decon Wash Soap. Next I use a clay lube and clay rub followed by a good rinse. I then cover the vehicle with foam from the foam cannon. I use a microfiber wash mitt and wash the vehicle. Every so often rinsing the mitt in the plain water followed by dipping the mitt in the wash bucket with soapy water and detail guardz (traps dirt particles). Rinse off using pressure washer. Dry with micro fiber drying towel. Apply initial ceramic sealant followed by a Graphene Burst Coat. After the initial application of the ceramic sealant and Graphene coat, car washing goes very quick and easy. With the car sealed, car wash is just a foam cannon cover rinse and dry. If car gets really dirty, then after the foam cover do a two bucket wash routine where you use the micro fiber mitt. If not real dirty the touches method works just fine (foam cannon, rinse and dry). Now as far as products I use: P&S Professional Detail Products - Brake Buster Wheel Cleaner. Spray this on the rims and tires. Let sit a few minutes then use the TUF SHINE Tire Brush to scrub the tires. I use the WOOLLYWORMIT Wheel Brush Car Detailing Kit for the rims with Wheel Woolies 9" Wheel & Fender Boars Hair Detail Brush. For bugs, sap and tar removal I use either Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover or Schaeffer's Manufacturing 266 Citrol Cleaner and Industrial Degreaser. The soap I use is Chemical Guys CWS_402 Mr. Pink Foaming Car Wash Soap. Great for both the foam cannon and wash bucket. Drying the car a MUST HAVE is Chemical Guys MIC1995 Gray Woolly Mammoth Microfiber Dryer Towel (36" x 25"). Awesome drying towel. I love this drying towel! To go along with the drying towel I use The Rag Company - Edgeless 365 Microfiber Towels - Premium 70/30 Blend, Professional Polishing, Wax Removal, Auto Detailing, 365gsm, 16in x 16in, Royal Blue + Gold (10-Pack). Great for rims, small areas and for applying sealant and buffing. 303 Aerospace Protectant for tires, rubber and plastic. Chemical Guys MIC_292_02 Premium Grade Microfiber Applicator for applying sealant. I reapply the ceramic sealant after 3-6 months along with another coat or two of the Graphene Burst Coat. Most of the items listed above I purchased from Amazon. Some items I purchased from Torque Detail. Adams Polishes https://adamspolishes.com also has some great products. So you asked and look what you got. I suppose you could just buy a container of Turtle Wax Gold Series Car Wash soap and do a quickie wash . . . but . . . how serious are you about maintaining your vehicle. If not that important to ya then just go through the drive through car wash. You will get swirl marks and scratches by doing that though. If you want to know more on how to take care of your vehicle both exterior and interior I suggest going to U-Tube and check out some of the professional detailers videos. Some great ideas. Good luck!

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m looking into Optimun No Rinse for regular washes as needed (try big red sponge?), and I got some Meguiars quick detail spray to keep in the truck for bird bombs if I notice something nasty and want to get off of before I get home.

Beyond those two choices I feel completely overwhelmed trying to research what I need to do for my first full wash, clay bar, sealant?, then wax spray?

I really need to do this but I’m finding it stressful to figure out the correct process while I’m also distracted by other truck projects I’m thinking about lol. I foresee more youtube for me.

Last edited:

22Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's my routine and products: I use the two (2) bucket routine, one with the soapy water with a DETAIL GUARDZ The Dirt Lock Car Wash Bucket Insert and the other with plain water. I use water from my water softener because I live in an area with hard water that leaves water spots with minerals. I use an electric pressure washer with a 40 degree spray head and I use a foam cannon. The first wash I use Decon Wash Soap. Next I use a clay lube and clay rub followed by a good rinse. I then cover the vehicle with foam from the foam cannon. I use a microfiber wash mitt and wash the vehicle. Every so often rinsing the mitt in the plain water followed by dipping the mitt in the wash bucket with soapy water and detail guardz (traps dirt particles). Rinse off using pressure washer. Dry with micro fiber drying towel. Apply initial ceramic sealant followed by a Graphene Burst Coat. After the initial application of the ceramic sealant and Graphene coat, car washing goes very quick and easy. With the car sealed, car wash is just a foam cannon cover rinse and dry. If car gets really dirty, then after the foam cover do a two bucket wash routine where you use the micro fiber mitt. If not real dirty the touches method works just fine (foam cannon, rinse and dry). Now as far as products I use: P&S Professional Detail Products - Brake Buster Wheel Cleaner. Spray this on the rims and tires. Let sit a few minutes then use the TUF SHINE Tire Brush to scrub the tires. I use the WOOLLYWORMIT Wheel Brush Car Detailing Kit for the rims with Wheel Woolies 9" Wheel & Fender Boars Hair Detail Brush. For bugs, sap and tar removal I use either Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover or Schaeffer's Manufacturing 266 Citrol Cleaner and Industrial Degreaser. The soap I use is Chemical Guys CWS_402 Mr. Pink Foaming Car Wash Soap. Great for both the foam cannon and wash bucket. Drying the car a MUST HAVE is Chemical Guys MIC1995 Gray Woolly Mammoth Microfiber Dryer Towel (36" x 25"). Awesome drying towel. I love this drying towel! To go along with the drying towel I use The Rag Company - Edgeless 365 Microfiber Towels - Premium 70/30 Blend, Professional Polishing, Wax Removal, Auto Detailing, 365gsm, 16in x 16in, Royal Blue + Gold (10-Pack). Great for rims, small areas and for applying sealant and buffing. 303 Aerospace Protectant for tires, rubber and plastic. Chemical Guys MIC_292_02 Premium Grade Microfiber Applicator for applying sealant. I reapply the ceramic sealant after 3-6 months along with another coat or two of the Graphene Burst Coat. Most of the items listed above I purchased from Amazon. Some items I purchased from Torque Detail. Adams Polishes https://adamspolishes.com also has some great products. So you asked and look what you got. I suppose you could just buy a container of Turtle Wax Gold Series Car Wash soap and do a quickie wash . . . but . . . how serious are you about maintaining your vehicle. If not that important to ya then just go through the drive through car wash. You will get swirl marks and scratches by doing that though. If you want to know more on how to take care of your vehicle both exterior and interior I suggest going to U-Tube and check out some of the professional detailers videos. Some great ideas. Good luck!
I think after all that you can have your own you tube video. I envy your dedication.

OP
OP
tcw8848

tcw8848

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info! I also use the two bucket method with grit guards, always hand wash. Usually rinse first, then foam cannon, then microfiber mitt. Been using a meguiar tire shine gel and turbo wax wheel cleaner each week as well. Currently using Adams car shampoo for the washes. Used iron x and Jescar Powerlock plus sealant after first wash. Then Meguiars quik wax weekly.

I should probably look closer at getting better microfiber. I have just what I picked up at Walmart, though I always thoroughly check for any debris before each use.

I’d like to keep trying different things though, so nice to hear what others are doing.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have very little idea what most of those words mean, but they sound like fun, I guess.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the info! I also use the two bucket method with grit guards, always hand wash. Usually rinse first, then foam cannon, then microfiber mitt. Been using a meguiar tire shine gel and turbo wax wheel cleaner each week as well. Currently using Adams car shampoo for the washes. Used iron x and Jescar Powerlock plus sealant after first wash. Then Meguiars quik wax weekly.

I should probably look closer at getting better microfiber. I have just what I picked up at Walmart, though I always thoroughly check for any debris before each use.

I’d like to keep trying different things though, so nice to hear what others are doing.
The online bros seem to drape these towels on a holy pedestal:

https://theragcompany.com/collections/all-microfiber/products/eagle-edgeless-500

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The rag company (Amazon) has a great assortment of microfiber towels. There really is a difference between quality towels vs low end. Edgeless towels are great! Those towels with sewn edges scratch the clear coat. Having a good sealant (ceramic/graphite) helps protect surface from things like that though. Another thing to consider is how to take care of your microfiber towels. I use "Rags To Riches" premium microfiber detergent to wash my microfiber towels and microfiber
wash mitt. I wash them separately from other items, by themselves. I use warm water to wash and dry in a dryer on "extra low" temperature. Never use regular laundry detergent, fabric softener, bleach or other products in your wash. In the dryer don't use the softener fabric cloths. Don't use anything. Dry either on extra low or air dry. Can also hang on drying rack and air dry. Towels come out really nice. Also suggest washing new towels before first use. By the way, there are other brands of microfiber detergents out there that will work just as well as the brand I am using. Good luck.

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, thank you for the detailed info! I hadn't thought of using the 303 on the tires, I'll try it, works great on the plastic interior, and I already have a gallon on hand.
I'll have to try the Woollywormit wheel brush, bought the small angled brush from Adams and it's too big to fit between the calipers on front tires.
Post a pic of your Mav after washing.
Sponsored

Last edited: