Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Truck is looking great! Did you use the nightshade on this badge again? Also how’s the audio coming along?
Yep Niteshades again, though this time I did it thicker and let it dry longer
Hopefully it’ll hold up better

Audio is moving slowly, was too tired after messing with the fog lights to work on it
All the parts are here, just need time and energy
Sponsored

OP
OP
volksnuts

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey look a new section just for builds
I was looking for my thread in the photos section and thought mine got deleted

OP
OP
volksnuts

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Minor update, no pics because I didn’t take any
Got the wires run, power and speaker wires (not into the doors yet tho) put all the frontal plastic trim pieces back so the truck looks less like a theft recovery
I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the drivers kick panel off (where the hood latch is)
Didn’t want to mess with it too much and break it so I just worked around it as much as possible
With the wires all run past the box I made a trim panel and laid the carpet down
Carpeting a box is so much easier OUTSIDE the vehicle…. Especially a low one
I’m feeling it today
Next up is finalizing the amp rack layout
Then it’s time to wrap up the rear part
Still have to do the front speakers but having to wait for the replacement dash to finish

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would like to see six 12s in the back with the fat bass track - Thx

Sponsored

OP
OP
volksnuts

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Would like to see six 12s in the back with the fat bass track - Thx
Not sure I could squeeze those under the seat….
Actually there are already two bagged Mavericks with at least 6 in the bed

Bsoute00

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 F250, 21 Bronco Sport, 23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you are running new wire into the doors and not using the factory wire. I have already done this and this may save you some time. Just a heads up it easier to pull the doors.

1. There is a center pass through on the door molex plug it is wide open to run your wires through. The white body plug clips locations:
a. one on the very top and bottom s
b. one on the side facing you in the center and one on the back facing the fender area (very hard to get to fender side to release it.
2. The black molex on top has the release clips on top, the bottom white one is on the under side, I was not able to release the bottom molex. There is not a lot of room in the rubber boot, but I did fit two wire runs through it.
3. I spent hours messing with the molex and rubber boot, decided to do like some others cars we have had in the shop and pull the doors. After pulling doors, running wire and putting doors back on, it was took 15 min. Recommendation save yourself hours and just pull the doors.
4. I will get some pics up of the access point from under dash with access through body into molex, how to remove molex.
5. This is a big one, on the white body plug the black rubber boot is held on with rubber tabs that pull through the side and hook, do not cut them, just pull the tabs down to release the boot. There are two on the front side and two on the back side of the white body clip.

I will work to get some pics and possible a write up on how to run new speaker wire into the door and how to remove driver side kick panel.

OP
OP
volksnuts

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you are running new wire into the doors and not using the factory wire. I have already done this and this may save you some time. Just a heads up it easier to pull the doors.

1. There is a center pass through on the door molex plug it is wide open to run your wires through. The white body plug clips locations:
a. one on the very top and bottom s
b. one on the side facing you in the center and one on the back facing the fender area (very hard to get to fender side to release it.
2. The black molex on top has the release clips on top, the bottom white one is on the under side, I was not able to release the bottom molex. There is not a lot of room in the rubber boot, but I did fit two wire runs through it.
3. I spent hours messing with the molex and rubber boot, decided to do like some others cars we have had in the shop and pull the doors. After pulling doors, running wire and putting doors back on, it was took 15 min. Recommendation save yourself hours and just pull the doors.
4. I will get some pics up of the access point from under dash with access through body into molex, how to remove molex.
5. This is a big one, on the white body plug the black rubber boot is held on with rubber tabs that pull through the side and hook, do not cut them, just pull the tabs down to release the boot. There are two on the front side and two on the back side of the white body clip.

I will work to get some pics and possible a write up on how to run new speaker wire into the door and how to remove driver side kick panel.
Any issues refitting the doors alignment wise?

Bsoute00

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, they lined up very easily, just pull the doors and not hinges from the body. I pulled first door by my self and re-installed it. I can tell you it is way easier with two people, had two for the second door.

OP
OP
volksnuts

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No, they lined up very easily, just pull the doors and not hinges from the body. I pulled first door by my self and re-installed it. I can tell you it is way easier with two people, had two for the second door.
I figured two people was the way to go
My daughter will be overjoyed when I tell her she gets to help me

Sponsored

Bsoute00

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So was my daughter. I have her coming over thur-Sun to try and get mine back on the road. I have parts arriving daily. I just have not posted anything on my truck yet but I am headed as the same direction as some of you guys, lowered and adding custom stuff.

2toFly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ha! I bought the Maverick for the same reason...MTB'ing! I just ordered the same tail gate pad. Also love your build, I plan on doing something very similar...except in a different color. My wife calls the Maverick a 30K bike accessory.