Sponsored

Upgrading XLT lights to factory Lariat lights?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am betting the aftermarket will respond pretty quickly with fancy lights for this thing
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The LED headlight units for the maverick cost over $1000 from Ford just a heads up
And any aftermarket one will be the same or more lol head lights are no joke. OP could open up his unit and instal the DRL LED strips though if he so desired to save monies

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
with the model and additional features I am getting the Lariat was just a little out of my budget. That's why I'm asking. Don't have issue paying for them as long as it's budgeted out. So I'm just curious if it is even possible. And it seems like it is. So cool!
Check out MR. Boomā€™s lights then. youtube or i think heā€™s on here someplace. Cuz honestly if you want to replace the head and tail light units youā€™ll end up paying close to the lariat premium lol for a similar price you can get custom ones though from Mr. boom. I think thats what hes called anyways. Heā€™s got a bunch of maverick mod videos on youtube. Good stuff.

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As others said, I am sure the aftermarket will pick up but the swap is totally doable, not sure about the extra wiring but even that if your mechanically savvy should not be too terrible.

But then you are stuck with Vinyl seats.
This is one of the defining reasons why I did not order a Lariat. I too will probably upgrade my lights down the line. Not a big fan of non cloth seats

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait a few maybe 5-6 years till the plastic dulls out on your existing lights, and the aftermarket gears up with crash parts replacements for XL-XLT, and Lariat. You will be able to get rears for about $100 a pair, and fronts for about $200 a pair. I remember when my silverado was new, the composite head lights were stupid expensive. Now I got TYC replacements for the faded originals from rock auto. They were $30 a side.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait a few maybe 5-6 years till the plastic dulls out on your existing lights, and the aftermarket gears up with crash parts replacements for XL-XLT, and Lariat. You will be able to get rears for about $100 a pair, and fronts for about $200 a pair. I remember when my silverado was new, the composite head lights were stupid expensive. Now I got TYC replacements for the faded originals from rock auto. They were $30 a side.
There are enough wrecked ones out there I bet you could source all four corners on the cheap if you have the patience to check the big yards a couple times a week. With all the parts shortages right now they are totaling perfectly repairable trucks strictly based on parts availability. Lights should be an easy find.

Getting them wired up and working properly will be the key. Tail lights are most likely plug and play, the headlights that have more options than the XTL will be more difficult.

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the RP question was how easy will the task be not the costs associated. As someone posted Mr Boom on this forum has some nice how to videos on his youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c/MrBoom50.

Basically the grill has to come off and that is the most tedious portion of the swap.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://bullseyecustomautos.com/products/22-ford-maverick-lariat-headlights

This is your best bet. Though you'll wind up not having having headlights for some time.
I'm liking them Mr Boom lights. Especially w black painted insert. That will really "pop" with my iconic silver. Unfortunately if I had $700 just laying around, a set of Eibach lowering springs, a steeda rear sway bar, and steeda strut tower brace would be headed my way first, before a set of lights.

BTW, they have a blackout package for 2023 in XLT and Lariat trim , so theoretically one could just a hit the parts counter in a few years and get a set of those blackout lights in the lariat version.

Gonna either paint my grille bar iconic silver, or get it wrapped in chrome. Not 100% sure yet. I got to get the bang truck first. It made it to the dealer and has a recall for the electric trailer brake controller so they wont let me take it home yet.

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Old post but if anyone with an XL or XLT is interested in purchasing my original Lariat tail lights with signature led lighting they will be up for sale....like yesterday! I will include a set of my PnP adapters with them. No programming, 100% PnP.

Will also be selling my oem Lariat LED headlights to an XL or XLT owner. šŸ˜‰

I'll be taking quality pics and officially making a FS post tomorrow.

Ford Maverick Upgrading XLT lights to factory Lariat lights? 20220619_211352

Ford Maverick Upgrading XLT lights to factory Lariat lights? 20220529_204919
Sponsored

Last edited: