Sponsored

Unwritten Constraint - Full Size Spare? - NOPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyTee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tonytrafficlight.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid, 2023 iRacing F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a full size spare on my build this week. It's "in production" so hopefully no issues.

Ford Maverick Unwritten Constraint - Full Size Spare? - NOPE! Untitled
Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was talking about THIS week's unscheduled orders not orders that have already been scheduled. OUR orders that are previewing don't have full size spares on the order. Hybrid with Luxury Package OR Co-Pilot 360 Package come with Full Size Spare which is probably why 0 of our 12 hybrids previewing have either of those 2 packages.
legend. Thank you for the clarification!

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even if it was the same size tire, it would be mounted on a cheap steel wheel so you wouldn’t use it as part of your rotation anyway.
Cheap steels wheels are awesome. Steelies for life!

(This one prob isn't nicely painted tho)

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Helen8437

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Helen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Figures, only options I have are full size spare and a block heater with an fx4 package.
My order was rejected. The only option that I got was the full size spare. Go figure......

Sponsored

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was talking about THIS week's unscheduled orders not orders that have already been scheduled. OUR orders that are previewing don't have full size spares on the order. Hybrid with Luxury Package OR Co-Pilot 360 Package come with Full Size Spare which is probably why 0 of our 12 hybrids previewing have either of those 2 packages.
Wish I stayed on team Ditch the Hitch now. This probably would have been my week🤦‍♂️. It’s just more annoying since they a scheduling all of May.

Axlesup

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85K10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
correct, but that is where I’m confused. Are all mavericks with a spare being held up?Packages and otherwise? Just the single selected tire? V confused lol
I ordered my xl with three options. Standalone hitch, full size spare, 400-watt inverter. So not only did I get the cheapest truck and a non rollover truck but it came in in 4 months with two "constrained" items. Not to mention the hybrid itself is constrained LOL

With that said today I went down to Walmart and picked up an actual full size spare and had it mounted to the spare wheel and put under the truck.

Maybe I got lucky okay for sure I got lucky but also the internet's kind of full of crap. Worry less live more!

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wish I stayed on team Ditch the Hitch now. This probably would have been my week🤦‍♂️. It’s just more annoying since they a scheduling all of May.
You sure have a lot of confidence considering your ordered hybrid only has a 50% of being built.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You sure have a lot of confidence considering your ordered hybrid only has a 50% of being built.
More just the one time the constraints would have line up on my original build or hitch less order build since I also don’t have copilot 360. Probaly right and won’t even get a truck.

Sponsored

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thread is nuts. ONE salesman at ONE dealer noticed ONE possible commonality on a handful of PREVIEWING orders.... And it results in some 'sky is falling' comments, some comments asking 'what did he say about this' (it's a youtube video, anyone can watch it), some misinfo posts from people saying all hybrids come with full size spare, etc.

This thread is literally a net loss for the community as far as good info is concerned. It is almost 100% garbage. No offense to any one person, but this thread is such a distilled internet forum post echochamber game of telephone.
Ford marketing is probably having a field day with all the customer engagment they get. Instead of buying another vehicle or just waiting, they have rabid customers constantly trying to figure out the internal workings of Ford based on a little bit of previously non-public information being released. Some people have hundreds of posts trying to game the system with adding and deleting potentially constrained items. I hate to take pleasure in other people's misery, but a lot of this stuff people bring on themselves.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Glad I was wrong about the full size spare possibly being a constraint. Orders being previewed on Tuesday and Wednesday won't always be the ones scheduled on Thursday. This week is proof of that. Maybe Ford was trying to see what orders they had that reflected a supply shortage or they got confirmation of full size spare shipment and didn't have to schedule accordingly. Either way, I'm glad to see our older orders were the ones scheduled this week. I hope everyone understands that I was observing a trend I saw on our orders and thought it might be something interesting to share. I was not trying to create a controversy or start a myth. Guess I created my own Is It True for next Tuesday night, lol.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad I was wrong about the full size spare possibly being a constraint. Orders being previewed on Tuesday and Wednesday won't always be the ones scheduled on Thursday. This week is proof of that. Maybe Ford was trying to see what orders they had that reflected a supply shortage or they got confirmation of full size spare shipment and didn't have to schedule accordingly. Either way, I'm glad to see our older orders were the ones scheduled this week. I hope everyone understands that I was observing a trend I saw on our orders and thought it might be something interesting to share. I was not trying to create a controversy or start a myth. Guess I created my own Is It True for next Tuesday night, lol.
You are filled up on your allocations already or is there still more to go for this cycle?

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Status
Not open for further replies.