2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick UAW cites progress with Ford 1000004030-01
Sponsored

Esteban88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback, Maverick XL hybrid (ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interestingly Ford stock price surged today 3-4%.

UAW is expanding the strike nationwide to GM and Stellantis parts distribution centers where top pay maxs out at $25 and takes 8 years to get there. Shawn Fain called on auto makers to end price gouging and invest record profits into sustainable wages and benefits.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've always heard that UAW and Ford seem to get along a little better than the other automakers. Won't be surprised if Ford reaches a deal before anyone else.
might have something to due with Ford being family controled

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fain said Ford agreed to reinstate the cost of living adjustment and other job security provisions that had been taken away in 2009.
given away :)

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Interestingly Ford stock price surged today 3-4%.

UAW is expanding the strike nationwide to GM and Stellantis parts distribution centers where top pay maxs out at $25 and takes 8 years to get there. Shawn Fain called on auto makers to end price gouging and invest record profits into sustainable wages and benefits.
Worked at several parts suppliers in Ohio. There it's more like 15 years and there is only 3 jobs out of several hundred that pay that level. I got $11 while I was thereafter a year I got bumped up to $11.15 yay! That's $400 a year if you work all the overtime.

Glad I am out on a farm in Hawaii making over double that and almost triple if I'm mowing and adding in perks like collecting recycling.

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
might have something to due with Ford being family controled
I kind of doubted your post, but you are 100% right, quote:

Sam Fiorani, vice president of global vehicle forecasting at AutoForecast Solutions, said Ford's family-controlled structure gives it a different focus than the other two.

"GM and Stellantis are looking at stockholder value and Ford is looking a lot more long-term that they have to make friends with labor."
Source

Fain said Ford agreed to reinstate the cost of living adjustment and other job security provisions that had been taken away in 2009.
From the above source link, quote:

Ford also agreed to convert temporary employees with at least 90 days' employment to full-time upon ratification of a deal, he said.
I didn't think any of the companies would agree to that and a big jump in the pay scale, good for Ford and even better for the temporary workers.

catshreds

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Worked at several parts suppliers in Ohio. There it's more like 15 years and there is only 3 jobs out of several hundred that pay that level. I got $11 while I was thereafter a year I got bumped up to $11.15 yay! That's $400 a year if you work all the overtime.

Glad I am out on a farm in Hawaii making over double that and almost triple if I'm mowing and adding in perks like collecting recycling.
I think the col in Hawaii is a tad higher than in Ohio.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think the col in Hawaii is a tad higher than in Ohio.
It is, a lot, and I am still poor. However I can live simpler here. Off grid and with a 1 mile commute helps a bunch.

Sponsored

Esteban88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback, Maverick XL hybrid (ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read this, may or not be true.

Jim Farley is the cousin of the late comedian Chris Farley. Chris is most known for living in a van down by the river.

William Clay Ford Jr., the executive chair of the company, plays ice hockey with UAW members.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is, a lot, and I am still poor. However I can live simpler here. Off grid and with a 1 mile commute helps a bunch.
I have heard that it's not so much what you make but what you do not spend!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I kind of doubted your post, but you are 100% right, quote:

Source

From the above source link, quote:

I didn't think any of the companies would agree to that and a big jump in the pay scale, good for Ford and even better for the temporary workers.
after working at Ford's for almost 30yrs i can say that it sure seems to me that Ford motor co. values their relationship with the UAW far more than any other OEM. somewhat ironic as back in the day Ford was the last and most intransigent of the big 3 to be organized by the UAW. there are accounts that say old Henry the 1st only relented when his beloved wife Clara was so disturbed by the company's often violent efforts to resist the 'Union' that she threatened to sell all her shares (a lot) in the company. Henry was a lot of things but he wasnt stupid or about to let that happen and he signed a deal not long afterwards . by comparison nowadays you could almost call them (UAW/Ford) almost BFF's.
Ford family control of the 'voting' stock allows them to take a longer view than the others, yet they are a multi billion$$$ multinational conglomerate that is quite possibly the largest 'family run' enterprise ever.
if Ford and the UAW can quickly come to agreement on a deal that delivers most of what the UAW has asked for it will exert tremendous pressure on the other 2 OEM's to fall in line B4 the UAW really starts to kneecap their operations even further while Ford's operations are humming right along.
the quick Canadian Unifor deal with Ford and the UAW striking the others parts operations but not Ford's is a sure signal that Ford is ready to get a agreement with the UAW as soon as possible IMHO.
one more thing, i would not be suprised to see Fords new battery & electric projects covered under some type of neutrality agreement or outright automatic recognition of the Ford/UAW master agreement in these and future facilities. this would be HUGE! it would provide a toe hold into the 'right to starve' southern states while also giving the UAW a stronger sales pitch for the transplants that they so desperately want to organize. . Ford helps the UAW with a good contract, the UAW helps Ford by organizing Telsa and the others which would level the playing field when it comes to fixed labor cost's while lifting the standard of living of hundred of thousands people and the communities they live in. win, win, win all around.