George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback sport, Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ive had my Maverick two years today. The dealership (Wiscasset Ford) was fantastic through the order process and delivery so it was a good start. After pickup I almost immediately installed a few things, Gator SFX Tonneau cover, Rockblok mudflaps the ford window deflectors and the Console Vault in the center console. All of the added accessories have been fantastic, I have nothing bad to say about any of them. About the truck itself, I love it! I still love it as much as the day I picked it up. I have only found on thing I dislike and one thing that's just weird. With my seating position, the placement of the mirrors and A pillar there is a nasty blind spot when turning. More importantly it makes it difficult to see pedestrians in parking lots. The weirdness? The auto high beams. They work great normally but Ive found they need some light or contrast to function. I live in rural Maine, there are many streets (mine included) that are pitch black, totally dark. The truck will actually turn the highbeems OFF when turning onto my street, Its not a big deal but it is very weird. If anyone has any other questions, just ask.

George
Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ive had my Maverick two years today. The dealership (Wiscasset Ford) was fantastic through the order process and delivery so it was a good start. After pickup I almost immediately installed a few things, Gator SFX Tonneau cover, Rockblok mudflaps the ford window deflectors and the Console Vault in the center console. All of the added accessories have been fantastic, I have nothing bad to say about any of them. About the truck itself, I love it! I still love it as much as the day I picked it up. I have only found on thing I dislike and one thing that's just weird. With my seating position, the placement of the mirrors and A pillar there is a nasty blind spot when turning. More importantly it makes it difficult to see pedestrians in parking lots. The weirdness? The auto high beams. They work great normally but Ive found they need some light or contrast to function. I live in rural Maine, there are many streets (mine included) that are pitch black, totally dark. The truck will actually turn the highbeems OFF when turning onto my street, Its not a big deal but it is very weird. If anyone has any other questions, just ask.

George
How is the Gator SFX Tonneau? Is it waterproof?

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe the auto high beams deactivate below a certain speed. Perhaps this is why the high beams turn off when you enter your street?
You beat me to it! I thought something weird was happening with my auto headlight setting, too. I think the high beams won't activate below something like 35 MPH. I also believe that if you put the high beams on manually while driving below that speed, they also won't automatically turn off.

Edit to add: My estimate on the speed where the high beams are turned off is inaccurate. They stayed on well below 30 MPH this evening and didn't seem to turn off due to low speed at all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rileyotta

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for Maverick, driving 2013 Kia Sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

George
That’s great to hear, thank you for sharing! It’s been almost a year for me and I still smile with content every time I walk to my Maverick.
Have you had your rockblockz the whole time? How have they stood up? Those and the gator soft roll tonneau are two items I want for myself as well đź‘Ť

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I, too live in a rural area. I found the operation of auto high beams so annoying, I turned that off in settings, the first week I owned the truck.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

George
Heartily agree on the A pillar!

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heartily agree on the A pillar!
+2

The very first thing I noticed about my new Maverick (ordered without ever seeing one in person, let alone test-driving one) when I drove out of the dealership was how restricted my visibility was, compared to my Subaru Forester. I didn't know if I was going to be able to get used to it...

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My auto high beams don't seem to like reflective surfaces like roadsigns or guardrails with markers. Bring back the foot switch!

Sponsored

Jelvismc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two years today 13,000 miles, 3 oil changes, 30+cumulative mpg, no rattles,or gremlins. Been a joy owning my Maverick. Awesome Ford in Chehalis WA has been a great partner in both sales and service….

Ford Maverick Two year ownership review. IMG_0015

Islandman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Almost two years for me and this truck has done everything and more that I need in a truck! The hybrid has been awesome since I tow it on a tow dolly behind our MH. It has been a great combo for our lifestyle at this time in our lives. Our Ford E450 powered MH has also been awesome. Sounds like a Ford commercial but in reality the service of these vehicles has been very good!

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My auto high beams don't seem to like reflective surfaces like roadsigns or guardrails with markers. Bring back the foot switch!
I wonder if there's a sensitivity adjustment somewhere? I have to say that my auto headlight feature has amazed me with how well it works. I think I can only remember one time when it got fooled and it dimmed the high beams for something that wasn't actually an oncoming car or car in front of me.

As for the old foot switch, I often wonder why they disappeared. To accommodate one-legged drivers?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wonder if there's a sensitivity adjustment somewhere? I have to say that my auto headlight feature has amazed me with how well it works. I think I can only remember one time when it got fooled and it dimmed the high beams for something that wasn't actually an oncoming car or car in front of me.

As for the old foot switch, I often wonder why they disappeared. To accommodate one-legged drivers?
Yeah for me growing up the foot switch was like a subconcious reaction. I have to think to remember which stalk and how is the brights now. I will say when I was on the mainland it worked great on the highway and I loved it. But Hawaii just has so many turns and up and downs and reflective signs and markers.

JetFixxxer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat x2, Lux, Co-pilot 360 Assist
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

George
Congrats on your two year ownership.

The auto high beam is a little wonky on all the Fords that I have owned that had that feature. I still like it though and missed it when I didn't have it on my F150.

Growing up in the area.. still too many flatlanders making their way up there during the summer and leaf peeping season. So making it two years without having a M*ss-hole running into you. It's a feat in itself :) ..
Sponsored