First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford should give you a Gold Medal for this review. You hit the nail on the head! The Maverick is the best "Bang for the buck " out there. no vehicle is perfect. My Mav will be 1 year old on 3/9/23, it's a Hybrid with less then 4,000 miles on it. by the way, what time is dinner? looking at your grill is making me hungry!
Hmm, I never got a survey from Ford??? Maybe its too soon as I took delivery only 3 months ago?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Skeeziks

Skeeziks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape; 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this vehicle simply FWD ? Mine is AWD with 4k tow and FX4 and gets just barely over 24 mpg.
It is AWD with 4k tow. I'm probably a pretty conservative driver, ACC set to 68-70 on city freeways, 73-74 out on the open road. A good share of my driving around town involves the freeways where the little mpg meter runs 30-40 quite a bit I use ECO mode whenever I remember to hit the button, but no idea if that makes a difference. I suppose I'm a little OCD about MPG; like trying to time my speed to catch as many green lights as possible on city streets. Plus, I'm old enough that I'm not in a hurry to get someplace anymore.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really enjoyed reading your review. I have one just like it except in Area 51. I opted not to order the sunroof as it wouldn't be used most of the time, it robs headroom and it eliminates the sunglasses holder on the dome light assembly which is a no-no for me. Just like your Maverick, I'm approaching my one-year anniversary and couldn't be happier with it. I enjoy it more than the day I picked it up as well. It's the best vehicle I've ever owned bar none.

I love having all the creature comforts and advanced safety features that I've never had before such as Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear-Cross Traffic Alert, heated seats/steering wheel, LED headlights, etc. Not to mention it's the first vehicle I've ever pre-ordered which provided me the opportunity to spec it exactly how I want. I always look back and stare at it in the parking lot and actually prefer it over my mom's Bronco Sport. The driving experience is more refined and less buzzy in the Maverick. As a result, it's the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven as well. I rarely ever get fatigued after a long trip. It's that good.

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One year ago today I drove home my new 2022 Alto Blue Maverick EB and I love it more today after 17,314 miles than the day I drove it home.

Here are some highlights from my experience as an ordinary, non-technical driver.

Fuel Economy: Over those 17,314 miles the average MPG is 29.3. Approximately 10,000 of those miles occurred in 2 cross country road trips where it averaged around 32 MPG over all kinds of terrain and fully loaded with camping gear, with well over 400 miles and often close to 500 miles between fuel stops. The remaining miles were mainly within the city of Phoenix with a mix of some freeway and local streets. Fuel economy is way better than I expected, better even than my previous 2018 Escape.

Comfort: The Maverick has the most comfortable ride of any vehicle I have ever owned (no caddies in my past) and at my age that means a lot. Seat comfort, adaptive cruise, and lane-keeping assist all contribute to being able to drive long distances without fatigue. Needing only a light touch on the steering wheel and having freedom in foot positioning makes a huge difference for me. Having a multi-functional vehicle that is this comfortable to drive is a big deal for me. Plus, once you gain confidence in the lane-keeping ability, you can do a little more sightseeing while driving. ;) Unless time is a factor, we will drive anywhere in the country rather than fly. We live in an amazing country an there is so much to see from the road that is missed from 30,000 feet.

Looks: The Maverick is such a sharp looking vehicle and I love the Alto Blue, which can look dark, almost black under certain lighting conditions. I still can be seen with a slight smile as I walk back to it in the parking lot, even after a year of ownership.

Drivability: For my purposes the motor has plenty of giddyup when needed. Smooth ride on the freeway and no noticeable shudder when passing large trucks. Passing other vehicles on a two-lane is a non-issue. It handles mountain roads with ease. I had one situation where, on a wet road I had to stop suddenly, the ABS system worked flawlessly, preventing a fender bender.

Sound system: I am not an audiophile, but to my ears the BO sound system is great. We have a decent sound system in the house but the Mav is noticeably better with certain music, especially the deeper bass sounds. I'm mainly a country music guy and Walker Hayes "Fancy Like" can't be properly reproduced in the house or on any other devices; so far only in the Mav.

The only modification I've made is to add the Truxedo soft rollup Tonneau cover. And I have not done any towing yet so I can't speak to that although that is the main reason I went the the 2.0 EB with the tow package. A lightweight travel trailer is still on the horizon.

The only thing I might complain about is that it could be a little quieter in terms of road noise. Still, it's quieter than my previous 2018 Escape so this isn't much of a complaint.

The only add-on that I probably wouldn't have gotten is the moonroof. I added it because my wife thought it would be nice but still have yet to find a good reason for it.

All in all, after one year of ownership, I couldn't be happier with my Maverick. Such a smooth riding vehicle. I still love seeing it in my garage. I love keeping it shined up. (Pro tip: No soap. I once saw a bright shiny red Chevy Equinox at a rest stop in NC. It was a couple of years old so I ask the owner how he kept it so pretty. His answer: No soap. So I now hand wash with no soap, 2 buckets sometimes 3. Keeps the detailed finish shiny longer)

I recently responded to a Ford survey request on the Maverick and one of the questions was what did I like least. I couldn't think of a thing.
mav.jpg

IMG_20200704_114728[1].jpg

IMG_20200704_114728[1].jpg
Thank you for the very passionate ownership review! I get similarly passionate about our alto blue lariat hybrid. I love that every 15 sec, light touch lane centering.

BTW…we agree about the moonroof, as we ordered ours without the moonroof😆.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excellent review. Beautiful truck, but I'm a bit bias as I have the same color in the Lariat but with the hybrid power system. Glad to hear how satisfied you are with the Maverick. I should point out that your pictures intended for the BBQ Rib Club ended up here, but their loss, our gain.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Nice write up. Mine will be a year old in May. 7.5k mile hybrid Lariat and I LOVE it! I do like the moon roof and as far as road noise, I went from a prius c to the Maverick. Prius was a good little car but it could get LOUD especially on a long uphill. I believe this is the quietest vehicle I've ever owned. I'm averaging over 45mpg and couldn't be happier with it!
We are so glad to hear that you're loving your Maverick! Thanks for being a part of the Ford family.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dropped off our Maverick at Ford Service today to get the side air bags recall done, and saw another Maverick in for service too.

BLZ57

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick on order; 2016 Shelby GT=H
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had my XLT LUX "ALTO BLUE!" for about 3 weeks now. I love the color!!!
I have about 900 miles and am averaging 29 MPG on 80% I-5 driving with AWD.
I got the moonroof as my #1 must have option and love the feel of extra head room and just plain openness. I don't plan on any off road, so I didn't get the FX4, just the AWD for better driving for all conditions. Plus I got the 4K tow. I figure if I end up off road, I got bigger problems.

BLZ57

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had my XLT LUX "ALTO BLUE!" for about 3 weeks now. I love the color!!!
I have about 900 miles and am averaging 29 MPG on 80% I-5 driving with AWD.
I got the moonroof as my #1 must have option and love the feel of extra head room and just plain openness. I don't plan on any off road, so I didn't get the FX4, just the AWD for better driving for all conditions. Plus I got the 4K tow. I figure if I end up off road, I got bigger problems.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

<< snip >>
I got the moonroof as my #1 must have option and love the feel of extra head room and just plain openness.
<< snip >>
When I ordered my Maverick, I did not order the moonroof because I've never seen one that didn't significantly reduce the headroom inside the truck. But, to my surprise, the moonroof that came on the First Edition Maverick Hybrid that I bought is actually far less intrusive than I expected. I suppose it technically does impinge on headroom a small amount, but the Maverick has such good headroom that it's not a problem for me. Heck, I could probably wear my Stetson in this thing!

And that is categorically the first ever sunroof / moonroof on any vehicle that I could say that about... You really do get that "open and airy" feeling when it's open, even though the opening itself is a bit behind and beside you, not directly overhead.

All in all, a nice surprise to realize it's actually a nice feature with very little compromise - especially combined with the remote controlled sliding rear window. Adds some nice air movement without a lot of noise and turbulence!

Color me a convert!

BLZ57

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great review Jim!
Before I bought my truck. I stopped in a dealership that had a customer ordered Maverick that had just arrived. I wanted to sit in one briefly to get the feel.
I am just over 6' and felt a bit cramped as my first impression. No moonroof.
When I picked mine up, with moonroof, I felt I had all sorts of headroom-when the moonroof is open. Probably more of a feel than fact, but nonetheless it feels very roomy to me with the moonroof. Also, a big plus in the PNW during the cloud filled days! Brent

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Brent, it's possible that the first truck you sat in had the seat bottom raised to the highest position... The Maverick has a LOT of adjustment in that regard.

Rickrollin'

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered my Maverick, I did not order the moonroof because I've never seen one that didn't significantly reduce the headroom inside the truck. But, to my surprise, the moonroof that came on the First Edition Maverick Hybrid that I bought is actually far less intrusive than I expected. I suppose it technically does impinge on headroom a small amount, but the Maverick has such good headroom that it's not a problem for me. Heck, I could probably wear my Stetson in this thing!

And that is categorically the first ever sunroof / moonroof on any vehicle that I could say that about... You really do get that "open and airy" feeling when it's open, even though the opening itself is a bit behind and beside you, not directly overhead.

All in all, a nice surprise to realize it's actually a nice feature with very little compromise - especially combined with the remote controlled sliding rear window. Adds some nice air movement without a lot of noise and turbulence!

Color me a convert!

I'm a HUGE sunroof/targa/convertible/ttop/etc fan, always have been. The sunroof was a no brainer for me to get. I was/am shocked at the amount of headroom even with the shade shut, and the openess it provides with the shade open. I used it almost daily for a little fresh air flow vented up and the rear power slider open a couple inches (or fully, depending). I do have a KIA dimming mirror ready for install to help with headlight glare when I have the rear slider open at night.

JohnieM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford should give you a Gold Medal for this review. You hit the nail on the head! The Maverick is the best "Bang for the buck " out there. no vehicle is perfect. My Mav will be 1 year old on 3/9/23, it's a Hybrid with less then 4,000 miles on it. by the way, what time is dinner? looking at your grill is making me hungry!
We love our 22 Maverick Lariat so much we turned down our 24 Maverick that just came in. Just can’t part with it. First vehicle we have ever had that actually can’t part with.
Sponsored