Sponsored

Twin Clutch or Single Clutch Rear Differential in Maverick?

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is anyone aware of what type of differential is under the Maverick? I am hoping that they are using the twin clutch unit that they use in the Bronco Sport Badlands, at least in the FX4. I believe that the more capable off-road spec should have this equipped.

Does Ford have any mention of these specifications?
Sponsored

Last edited:

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Watch the video on the TFL discussion with the Ford guy. He mentioned at around 26 minutes, that the Maverick is similar to Badlands, but only a single clutch - not double like the Badlands.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Is anone aware of what type of differential is under the Maverick? I am hoping that they are using the twin clutch unit that they use in the Bronco Sport Badlands, at least in the FX4. I believe that the more capable off-road spec should have this equipped.

Does Ford have any mention of these specifications?
I wish I could find what the BASE torque split is for the non dual clutch.
but the system can send out 100% of torque to front wheels and up to 70% to rear wheels.

now the dual clutch system can then send 100% of the 70% to one of the rear wheels for better grip.
the regular system still has to send “SOME” power to each wheel. No specification mentioned any where of how much. But I would guess close to 40/60 split.

OP
OP
ZipperKid

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Watch the video on the TFL discussion with the Ford guy. He mentioned at around 26 minutes, that the Maverick is similar to Badlands, but only a single clutch - not double like the Badlands.
Thanks for the pointer. I wish that they had put the twin clutch in the FX4 as it is "supposed" to be the off-road package. I hope that I can find out more about this single clutch setup. When I briefly read about the bronco sport, they mentioned the base model was an open rear differential with brake-assisted traction control. If that is the case with the Maverick, then I will just hope that they chose a common ring carrier size so that I can get a limited slip differential...

I think I am getting ahead of myself, though, since I haven't made my first payment... and my truck is still at zero miles!

D K

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado, M3, Corvette
I hope its nothing like the Evoque or the Focus RS

Sponsored

docwatson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissans
I wonder if you can just swap the rear end from a Bronco Sport with the dual clutch in?

I can't find a good source for the Bronco Sport's gear ratio. Maybe 3.8?

Maybe they are waiting to make a Maverick Timberline

OP
OP
ZipperKid

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe I read that the BS Badlands is 3.81 like the 4K tow Maverick. The swap would probably involve wiring that the Mav doesnt have, since I'm guessing that the twin clutch is electronically controlled. I think the best course of action for a LSD would be an aftermarket option when it becomes available.

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe I read that the BS Badlands is 3.81 like the 4K tow Maverick. The swap would probably involve wiring that the Mav doesnt have, since I'm guessing that the twin clutch is electronically controlled. I think the best course of action for a LSD would be an aftermarket option when it becomes available.
The Tremor version of the Maverick will have the twin/dual clutch rear axle of the BS Badlands.
Sponsored