Sponsored

Turn signal recall - truck is still on the train.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're right, I wouldn't necessarily know which light was out, but at least I would know whether driver or passenger side. Does the new lamp alert specify which bulb of the possible three? Honest question.
I don't know if you are still concerned about this, but...

If the turn signal indicator on your dash flashes very fast when you put on your turn signal -- indicating a bulb out -- there's a special procedure for figuring out which bulb is the problem.

But it's way too complicated to explain here...:sneaky:
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if you are still concerned about this, but...

If the turn signal indicator on your dash flashes very fast when you put on your turn signal -- indicating a bulb out -- there's a special procedure for figuring out which bulb is the problem.

But it's way too complicated to explain here...:sneaky:
Good to know regarding how to figure out which bulb other than observation. If not in the manual, then maybe a YouTube video can reveal the procedure.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
maybe a YouTube video can reveal the procedure.
Like I said... it's a complicated, multistep procedure. But you don't need a YouTube video.

Just remember the acronym "G.O.A.L."

Which stands for --> Get... Out... And... Look. :sneaky:

S Dundee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Salvadore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like a recall to wait on while Ford gets feedback. Seems like Ford cranked down on the low resistance sensitivity, and from looking online its seems like the Maverick is an outlier now with much lower resistance values than other Ford models. Maybe they will walk it back a little.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like I said... it's a complicated, multistep procedure. But you don't need a YouTube video.

Just remember the acronym "G.O.A.L."

Which stands for --> Get... Out... And... Look. :sneaky:
Ohhhhh . . . Seems I missed the sarcasm or your first post. Got it.

Sponsored

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having the body control module (BCM) reprogrammed next week. Honestly, wa just going to completely ignore the hassle since no biggie deal to me. But! They will send a tech to my home to do the work. If they screw it upI will let them flat bed it to the dealer.

Snakeman89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And that’s 1 recall on 1 vehicle, you would think that’s ample incentive to over haul their QA department.
This happens with every other manufacturer in the world, it's definitely normal.
I had a recall on my 2022 before I got rear ended and it was to replace an emissions sticker under the hood lol. But at least with that, owners had the option to apply it on themselves (they were mailed out) or make an appointment for a dealership to apply for them. I just found it funny haha.

Bigred

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel, 2024 Maverick Lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These manufacturers need to come up with a way to do all these recalls and updates remotely. Yeah, I know some are mechanical but one would think they could update software, firmware, like we do with our phones, televisions, etc Instead of spending a day driving back and forth for a 5 minute fix.

Kritas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer called me yesterday about the recall. I'd been wondering why they didn't do it while the truck was on their lot only two weeks ago. They are sending a mobile tech by today to take care of it.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These manufacturers need to come up with a way to do all these recalls and updates remotely. Yeah, I know some are mechanical but one would think they could update software, firmware, like we do with our phones, televisions, etc Instead of spending a day driving back and forth for a 5 minute fix.

Tesla does it, Ford "could" do it but it introduces some cyber risk as well as risk of a vehicle getting "bricked" from a bad download and/or install.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tesla does it, Ford "could" do it but it introduces some cyber risk as well as risk of a vehicle getting "bricked" from a bad download and/or install.
Ford has been rolling it out, but on models more expensive than the cheapest in their lineup. Sync 4 vehicles can OTA update pretty much all of the modules.

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

[/QUOTE]

I am quoting my own post as I have recently had the recall completed and now I have the driver side acting up. The lights work when used...aka brake, turn, hazards....but the being "on" has some sort of glitch or gremlin in it occacionally where it wont turn on. If I turn off the headlights manually and then turn them back to auto or on...the light turns right back on like new. I have always left it on auto, but as this issue is still happening, maybe I will have to physically be turning them off and on from here on out.

Here is the newest video from a couple days ago...

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer called me yesterday about the recall. I'd been wondering why they didn't do it while the truck was on their lot only two weeks ago. They are sending a mobile tech by today to take care of it.
Had a mobile BCM update done yesterday haven’t driven it yet but hoping that no issues.
Sponsored