First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat Fx4 w/4k tow in Carbonized Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a blast with our trip to Keystone. 2 states, 1,300 miles, 13.4 mpg average.
Mesa Ridge Travel Trailer weighing in at 4,200 loaded, 450# tongue weight, 75#puppy in bed/w 35# crate (yes I said puppy. He is 7 months old), 550# passenger and luggage in cab.

The Maverick did awesome. No problems, plenty of power and comfortable ride.
I was a little worried about the 2 inch squat considering the weight distribution hitch, but did just fine.

Color me impressed again with my little truck!

Ford Maverick Trip to Keystone towing Mesa Ridge Travel Trailer:  2 states, 1,300 miles, 13.4 MPG Keystone 2

Ford Maverick Trip to Keystone towing Mesa Ridge Travel Trailer:  2 states, 1,300 miles, 13.4 MPG Keystone 3

Ford Maverick Trip to Keystone towing Mesa Ridge Travel Trailer:  2 states, 1,300 miles, 13.4 MPG Keystone 4

Ford Maverick Trip to Keystone towing Mesa Ridge Travel Trailer:  2 states, 1,300 miles, 13.4 MPG Keystone Tri
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Robber's Roost

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like a good time! If the squat bothers you, adding a weight distribution hitch should level the truck and trailer out. They aren't very expensive either.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeffr4JC

Jeffr4JC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
13.4 mpg average?
That is what Trip 1 quoted. I watch each tank separately and some were 8.9mpg another was 15.2mpg.
Obviously lower when uphill in mountains, and higher when going downhill or flat lower elevations. I only said average because I am anal enough to track every tank separately.

OP
OP
Jeffr4JC

Jeffr4JC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like a good time! If the squat bothers you, adding a weight distribution hitch should level the truck and trailer out. They aren't very expensive either.
Unfortunately, that is with the weight distribution hitch. 2.5 inches without. Probably just need to get airbags.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here come the warranty trolls....

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last poster got it right. I am surprised you do not already have 12 replies about warranty. With a 4K tow package, you will normally get trolled if total weight comes in at 4,002. I guess at that point they want you to leave a passenger home LOL.

Glad you doing what your truck was designed for - to be driven and enjoyed. Also, beautiful scenery.

BlueRaven

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mav, 01 CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately, that is with the weight distribution hitch. 2.5 inches without. Probably just need to get airbags.
or get a truck thats not at or over max capacity. or a smaller camper. just cuz you can, doesnt mean you should. yeah yeah blah blah it felt safe. if you are in an accident while being over weight, no matter who was at fault you will get fined heavily.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a blast with our trip to Keystone. 2 states, 1,300 miles, 13.4 mpg average.
Mesa Ridge Travel Trailer weighing in at 4,200 loaded, 450# tongue weight, 75#puppy in bed/w 35# crate (yes I said puppy. He is 7 months old), 550# passenger and luggage in cab.

The Maverick did awesome. No problems, plenty of power and comfortable ride.
I was a little worried about the 2 inch squat considering the weight distribution hitch, but did just fine.

Color me impressed again with my little truck!

Keystone 2.jpg

Keystone 3.jpg

Keystone 4.jpg

Keystone Trip.jpg
Nice - Big trailer. Have u hit the scales to verify trailer weight ?

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last poster got it right. I am surprised you do not already have 12 replies about warranty. With a 4K tow package, you will normally get trolled if total weight comes in at 4,002. I guess at that point they want you to leave a passenger home LOL.

Glad you doing what your truck was designed for - to be driven and enjoyed. Also, beautiful scenery.
The other most important number is “payload“, what the truck can carry. Towing capacity is what’s can be pulled. With bumper pull, as oppose to a fifth wheel trailer, the geometry is different, and payload factors in how any truck can handle its tow.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Premium gasoline?

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

or get a truck thats not at or over max capacity. or a smaller camper. just cuz you can, doesnt mean you should. yeah yeah blah blah it felt safe. if you are in an accident while being over weight, no matter who was at fault you will get fined heavily.
not to mention potential invalidation of insurance if they find out you were towing over capacity...

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Pretty good considering the load. It would take 2 hybrids harnessed to pull that trailer.
No not in reality.
3200#
9 feet tall
18 MPG at 60 MPH with 87 Octane
11% max grade pulled uphill.
(Some aftermarket equipment)

Ford Maverick Trip to Keystone towing Mesa Ridge Travel Trailer:  2 states, 1,300 miles, 13.4 MPG IMG_7859
Sponsored