athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took my Granger FWD EB XL on it's second long road trip this past week (the first being the trip from Des Moines to TN) and had a good time!

My wife's CRV was not big enough to fit a week's worth of suitcases, beach gear, coolers, etc., so we ended up loading up the Mav. It poured rain on the way there and on the way back, and our cargo was dry as a bone! The infamous cheap Tiptop Roll Up tonneau cover held up like a champ. Weathertech mats got covered in sand, dirt, and 6-year old crumbs and spilled drinks. Easy clean up with some wipes mid-trip and a couple months in they are no worse for wear.

Stock Continentals held the road well enough. The trip from Oak Ridge to Chattanooga is full of water standing on the road due to the condition of the highway, but didn't have any trouble driving between 70-80mph. Ride as always is surprisingly quieter than my wife's 2021 CRV, and no issues with Carplay at all.

We made several stops going there and heading back, as we drove with family who rented a minivan for their small kids to make the journey. Also made some short trips to play putt-putt golf, etc. One of our excursions was to 3rd Planet Brewing in Niceville, FL and I would highly recommend stopping if you're in the area. Great brews, friendly laid-back atmosphere.

Final numbers on the trip:
21 hours and 21 minutes of drivng
1108 total miles
29.6 MPG (hand calculated)

Still loving this @Granger Ford truck at 4,000 miles! Hauled our family of 3 and all our crap with no problems. Hoping for many more happy trips in Marty the Mav.
Sponsored

JLUE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took my Granger FWD EB XL on it's second long road trip this past week (the first being the trip from Des Moines to TN) and had a good time!

My wife's CRV was not big enough to fit a week's worth of suitcases, beach gear, coolers, etc., so we ended up loading up the Mav. It poured rain on the way there and on the way back, and our cargo was dry as a bone! The infamous cheap Tiptop Roll Up tonneau cover held up like a champ. Weathertech mats got covered in sand, dirt, and 6-year old crumbs and spilled drinks. Easy clean up with some wipes mid-trip and a couple months in they are no worse for wear.

Stock Continentals held the road well enough. The trip from Oak Ridge to Chattanooga is full of water standing on the road due to the condition of the highway, but didn't have any trouble driving between 70-80mph. Ride as always is surprisingly quieter than my wife's 2021 CRV, and no issues with Carplay at all.

We made several stops going there and heading back, as we drove with family who rented a minivan for their small kids to make the journey. Also made some short trips to play putt-putt golf, etc. One of our excursions was to 3rd Planet Brewing in Niceville, FL and I would highly recommend stopping if you're in the area. Great brews, friendly laid-back atmosphere.

Final numbers on the trip:
21 hours and 21 minutes of drivng
1108 total miles
29.6 MPG (hand calculated)

Still loving this @Granger Ford truck at 4,000 miles! Hauled our family of 3 and all our crap with no problems. Hoping for many more happy trips in Marty the Mav.
I have averaged 29.4 mpg over the last 8,000 miles in my EB XLT. I have ordered a hybrid Lariat for my wife and I will keep my EB.

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have averaged 29.4 mpg over the last 8,000 miles in my EB XLT. I have ordered a hybrid Lariat for my wife and I will keep my EB.
Very encouraging to hear those numbers over 8k miles! My daily commute is only about 7 miles roundtrip in town so I am usually hanging out around 26mpg but still great considering the competition.

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! Seems to be pretty much dead on with what I get in my XL - 15.5k miles total, about a 60/30/10 mix of interstate/country road/stop & go traffic. I check my mileage on every tank and I typically get 28 on the low end and 31 on the very high. Ultimately I’m extremely pleased with the efficiency of the EB motor - especially given its power and torque!

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! Seems to be pretty much dead on with what I get in my XL - 15.5k miles total, about a 60/30/10 mix of interstate/country road/stop & go traffic. I check my mileage on every tank and I typically get 28 on the low end and 31 on the very high. Ultimately I’m extremely pleased with the efficiency of the EB motor - especially given its power and torque!
Had to do some passing on those little 2 lane highways in Alabama a few times and the Mav will get up and go no problem 👍

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ah, you likely drove writhin 500ft of my home as I am right on I-65.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Redneck Riviera.

SteveG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up my Maverick Lariat Eco-boost yesterday. Drove it to Portland airport this morning. 70 miles one way. Five miles on city streets, 65 on freeway. On the outbound trip I used the "Normal" driving mode and got 31.4 mpg. On the return trip using "Eco" mode with one less passenger in the car I only got 28.9 mpg. Which is still better than I ever got in my 2019 Ranger. The return trip had an overall elevation gain of around 700 feet. I don't know of that is enough to affect the mpg by very much.

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
3rd planet is the best. We are there almost every Saturday. Hope you had some good times even tho the water is cold right now.
Just enjoyed seeing the area. We lived in the Clearwater area for years so we leave splashing around the water in March to the kids 😂 Only cold thing I’m getting close to on the beach in March is 12 oz in a koozie.

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ah, you likely drove writhin 500ft of my home as I am right on I-65.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Redneck Riviera.
Should have posted this trip beforehand could have made some Mav meetup stops on the way!

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Isn't it amazing to have a Maverick? I know we have all had vehicles in the past that were great, but at age 76, and having bought over 100 new vehicles over the years, I cannot remember a better bang for the buck than the Maverick, whether EB or Hybrid. Even with some minor issues some people find, overall Ford nailed it with the Maverick.

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Isn't it amazing to have a Maverick? I know we have all had vehicles in the past that were great, but at age 76, and having bought over 100 new vehicles over the years, I cannot remember a better bang for the buck than the Maverick, whether EB or Hybrid. Even with some minor issues some people find, overall Ford nailed it with the Maverick.
Great bang for the buck. Have been well pleased with my late mode year built 2022. Fingers crossed it continues to avoid some of the initial quality issues that have pestered other builds.

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up my Maverick Lariat Eco-boost yesterday. Drove it to Portland airport this morning. 70 miles one way. Five miles on city streets, 65 on freeway. On the outbound trip I used the "Normal" driving mode and got 31.4 mpg. On the return trip using "Eco" mode with one less passenger in the car I only got 28.9 mpg. Which is still better than I ever got in my 2019 Ranger. The return trip had an overall elevation gain of around 700 feet. I don't know of that is enough to affect the mpg by very much.
That drive into Portland is downhill and you had an extra passenger and probably some luggage. I noticed when I was commuting from Portland years ago that once you hit Salem it was always a better ride to Eugene. Same for when I returned on the weekends. Going into Portland around 7-730 pm the traffic was only bad in the summer months and I was on the brakes a bit more. Sometimes that stop-and-go stuff happens because people don't know how to merge into moving traffic.

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally agree with you I love my hybrid. I’m 86. old guys rule! LOL

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just like my old uncle used to say - "Just a young whippersnapper." Sure is an encouragement to hear from a fellow Maverick owner who is an Advanced Middle Age member. I trust that God will give you many more years to enjoy your Maverick. I told someone who said they were in their 70's like me and hoped to get theirs and at least drive it to the creamotorium, that I planned to drive mine 4 more years, then trade it in on a 2027 and drive it awhile. Based on your age, well, I might change that to drive the second one 4 years, then trade it on a 2031. I have friends here with me in TX from CT who come in their motor home each year. Tom said they stopped in TN in a rest area and talked to a gentleman and his wife who were in their 38' Class A motor home and he was 91 and still on the road constantly.
Sponsored