First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Considering the Maverick has a lot of plastic cladding that is bound to get sun bleached overtime, what is the best trim restorer to help maintain it? I'm already starting to notice some discoloration on the cap of the tailgate. Nothing drastic but definitely early signs of sun bleaching. I have trim restorer but it obviously doesn't work too well because every time when I apply it, it immediately washes off during a downpour. Then it gets those ugly runs in the plastic and it fades even faster. And it doesn't matter how evenly I apply it, how many coats, buffing it afterwards, no matter what I do, it washes off when it rains and only looks good when it doesn't. So I'd like to know if there's a product out there that helps combat that.
Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
303 best I ever used.

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ceramic Coat it with something like Gtechniq C5.

If you just want to restore it when it starts to fade, Solution Finish is the best restorer IMO. They also have an Over The Top Sealant you can put on top or you can ceramic coat over the Solution Finish. It won’t stain paint and a little bit goes along way. Ive had it 2+ years on a car, still going strong.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like Cerakote, but the other brands mentioned are great too.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ceramic Coat it with something like Gtechniq C5.

If you just want to restore it when it starts to fade, Solution Finish is the best restorer IMO. They also have an Over The Top Sealant you can put on top or you can ceramic coat over the Solution Finish. It won’t stain paint and a little bit goes along way. Ive had it 2+ years on a car, still going strong.
Great recommendation. Here's the Amazon link if anyone's interested.

ParagonDetail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.purveyorsofshine.com
Vehicle(s)
22’ Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great recommendation. Here's the Amazon link if anyone's interested.
Yessir. Thats the second step sealant that goes over the top of the restorer. It will make it last even longer. I can safely say one bottle will last you a lifetime for your Mav đź‘Ť

This is the restorer ⬇

Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Plastic Trim Restorer - Car and Truck Polish - 12 oz https://a.co/d/1i4cojA

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yessir. Thats the second step sealant that goes over the top of the restorer. It will make it last even longer. I can safely say one bottle will last you a lifetime for your Mav đź‘Ť

This is the restorer ⬇

Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Plastic Trim Restorer - Car and Truck Polish - 12 oz https://a.co/d/1i4cojA
Got it. Thanks for the clarification!

Fix4Dirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Explorer XLT SOHC 4x4 2" Lift
Engine
Undecided
imo it depends on the gloss level durablity etc that you want achieved, as well as the condition of the plastic.

overall-303
low gloss natural look- griots VR protectant (not great durability)
VRP is also worth a menition from CG imo.

sometimes i notice certain plastics are less willing to accept dressings than others, so that could be a factor, ive noticed i get better life if i scrub em down with some prep beforehand, to remove excess oils/sometimes silicones from prior dressing

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Amorall is my go to. I prefer it over 303. For my boat the Amorall last longer and have no complaints using it on my vehicles. I actually just use the Amorall foaming tire for all eternal plastic pieces at every wash and can say that the plastic stays cleaner longer than the paint.

Sponsored

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
CeraKote for exterior plastic trim. I'm using it now. Applied it after cleaning the truck and using IPA. I wiped/rubbed it in as I was applying. The results have been excellent and it has withstood washes, sun, and strong rain.
Do not, however, use CeraKote on your interior plastic trim - you'll be sorry! See my pics in the No-Go/ Go-To of this forum topic.

Pop2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've just had my Maverick a month. How often do you guys wipe down the plastic with whatever you use? Since I've already got Armor All on hand, I'll probably start with that.

ZDesorm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape SE, Sport Pkg. 1.5 L EB.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've just had my Maverick a month. How often do you guys wipe down the plastic with whatever you use? Since I've already got Armor All on hand, I'll probably start with that.
I don't have my Maverick yet, but I do have a Ford Espace with as much plastic as the Maverick. I love the Chemical Guy VRP! Works great! Lots of their product are worth the money! Strongly recommend (y)

Ford Maverick Trim Restorer (What to use?) VRP

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cerakote is the best and Walmart sells it. For maintenance, 303 protectant is good (although they have crappy spray bottles that always leak so I pour the juice out into an old chemical guys spray bottle).

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Everyone here mentions 303 so much, I picked some up and tried it on my 14 year old Ford Ranger, it was pretty incredible. Prettied up my plastic parts inside and out, including the black bumper and grill, mirror covers, even the black door handles. I'm a believer now.
Sponsored